Patriots Super Bowl week pictures

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots Super Bowl week pictures

An hour until the send-off rally &  is already filling up!

(Mike Reiss, Patriots.com, Ian Rapoport, Jeff Howe, Erik Scalavino,  Gillette Stadium, Shalise mansa Young, Mike Rodak,

pic.twitter.com/gfUCYUxY

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Fans see off the Patriots at Gillette

Photo: In this tent, individual player interviews will take place (located outside team hotel).

Views 453

about an hour ago

Photo: In this tent, individual player interviews will take place (located outside 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/5XaN6C3z

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Photo: What Patriots players will see if coming through main entrance of team hotel.

Views 1,026

about an hour ago

Photo: What Patriots players will see if coming through main entrance of team hotel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

With Indy being a smaller Super Bowl host city, hotel space at premium. Both teams staying right in middle of action.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Photo: Back at home, colleague Mike Rodak snaps a shot of team buses in front of Gillette. See you here soon, Mike.

Views 601

about an hour ago

Photo: Back at home, colleague Mike Rodak snaps a shot of team buses in front of Gillette. See you here soon, Mike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/XqzvAVDh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Photo: A look at the stage where Jonathan Kraft and other will address the crowd, with MHK portrait (Mike Rodak photo).

Views 492

about 43 minutes ago

Photo: A look at the stage where Jonathan Kraft and other will address the crowd, with MHK portrait (Mike Rodak photo).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Photo: This is the main interview area where Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Co. will speak with press.

Views 528

about 37 minutes ago

Photo: This is the main interview area where Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Co. will speak with press.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/twrD5jvE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Welker

pic.twitter.com/X2m0HjUQ

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/8GOIsJKk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Robert Kraft takes the stage to chants of MHK from the crowd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ummmmmm....Brandon

Photo: Linebacker Brandon Spikes, with owner Robert Kraft, goes with the pink suit (Mike Rodak photo).

Views 128

about a minute ago

Photo: Linebacker Brandon Spikes, with owner Robert Kraft, goes with the pink suit (Mike Rodak photo).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Spikes pink suit is as good as a guarantee!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Fans send off Patriots at Gillette Stadium

Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff  January 29, 2012 12:12 PM

Several thousand Patriots fans poured into Gillette Stadium today to see the team off before they headed to Indianapolis this afternoon to prepare for the Super Bowl. Patriots players wore suits as they walked onto the field to address the crowd, and several of them spoke to the seriousness of the trip they were about to undertake.

"We're going down here on a business trip, and hopefully we're bringing back a championship," said linebacker Jerod Mayo.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick addressed the crowd very briefly, and he stressed to his players beforehand to keep their speeches short as well.

"We're really excited about the trip," said Belichick. "Appreciate the support. I'm sure we'll see some of you out in Indy. Go Pats."

The event was hosted by Patriots radio play-by-play announcer Gil Santos, and about half a dozen Patriots players addressed the crowd, as did Patriots chairman Robert Kraft and team president Jonathan Kraft. The event was particularly poignant for the Kraft family after Myra Kraft passed away last year after a long battle with cancer.

Fans chanted "M-H-K" as Robert Kraft approached the podium.

"You all know I am a great believer in spirituality" said Kraft. "I know that a lot of you, just like our family, have suffered losses over the last 12 months of dear ones. I want you to know that they are ardent Patriots fans. And they've all been smiling down on us over this past year. But especially this last game in this stadium, I saw one smiling face along with your dear ones, making sure that things worked out the way we wanted at the end of the game."

The Patriots have dedicated their season to Kraft and to her live of service, and the team selected 10 New England residents from service industries across New England to go to the Super Bowl.

Kevin Faulk, Vince Wilfork, Wes Welker, Deoin Branch, and Tom Brady also addressed the crowd.

"It's been a long, exciting, tough year," said Wilfork. "Hopefully we go down to Indy and have one more win in us."

Brady -- who is quarterbacking the Patriots to his fifth Super Bowl in 11 seasons -- said, "We're going down there for one reason. We're going to give it our best. Hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend."

The Patriots are expected to arrive in Indianapolis around 5:15 p.m. Eastern. They Giants are scheduled to arrive Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

gtykz.jpg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Are you there, Rocky? Great pics, thanks.

BSpikes for the win!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Geat stuff, Rocky ! Have fun, you lucky Patsfan, you !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No I wish I was there....I live in Colorado....I am not going to the game unless I win one of the the raffels through...http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffles/

I can justify spending a little too much money, because it is for charity......lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was in Indy yesterday and the place is already filling up! I hope i get a load going through Indy next weekend......MHK rest in peace!Vini,vidi,vici.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Quick Kicks: Thousands send Patriots off to Indy

Posted by escalavino on January 29, 2012 – 1:13 pm 

Glorious conditions perhaps helped convince an estimated 15,000 Patriots fans descend on Gillette Stadium Sunday morning – bringing Route 1 traffic in Foxborough to a standstill as if it were a game day.

They came on a sparkling winter day, sunshine and relatively mild temperatures, to bid their beloved team a fond, if feverish, farewell just before the AFC Champions departed for Logan Airport and Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis.

The voice of the Patriots, play-by-play man Gil Santos, introduced several coaches, players, and team executives one-by-one as they took to a podium at midfield to address the throngs of fans.

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft went first, introducing the 10 winners of the “Super Bowl for Super People” sweepstakes winners who’ll be joining the team on Super Bowl weekend.

Head coach Bill Belichick was next, but his remarks lasted less than 30 seconds.

“I’m sure we’ll see some of you in Indy,” he concluded, punctuated with a “Go Pats!” exclamation.

Then came the players, each of whom followed their coach’s suit, keeping their remarks brief but boisterous.

“Y’all ready for some football!” screamed wide receiver Wes Welker, whose every sentence drew a thunderous roar from the crowd.

“Are you going to yell at everything I say?!” he shouted back finally with a laugh.

Co-captains went next, starting with nose tackle Vince Wilfork, followed by linebacker Jerod Mayo.

“We’re going on a business trip … hopefully we can bring back a championship,” he said as he stepped away from the mic.

Long-time Patriots running back Kevin Faulk said the question he’s been asked the most this year is, why did he come back  after suffering a season-ending knee injury in 2010.

“This is why,” he told the fans, who vigorously cheered their approval.

Wide receiver Deion Branch, a one-time Super Bowl MVP, was nonetheless as giddy as a rookie going to his first big game.

Decked in a bright white sports coat, he flashed an equally bright white grin and simply told the assembled masses, “We’re going to the Super Bowl!”

QB Tom Brady rounded out the players’ speaking rostrum, telling the crowd, “I wish we could take all of you to Indy with us.”

The program concluded with Patriots owner Robert Kraft joking about how well-dressed the players were, like Branch and linebacker Brandon Spikes, who was dressed head-to-toe in a pink suit.

Kraft thanked the fans for their support during this most trying of years, making reference not only to his late wife, Myra, but also to every loved one of the fans who died in the past year. They were all looking down, smiling, he said, on this year’s Patriots team and helped the squad make it to the Super Bowl.

“I’m a big believer in spirituality, as you know,” said Kraft as the rally wrapped up.

Immediately thereafter, fans filed out of the stands, but gathered again in the Gillette Stadium parking lot to watch the players board their buses, cheering loudly each time one emerged briefly before ducking onto the bus. The six-bus convoy soon was on its way north to Logan Airport for the Indy-bound charter flight … to return in little more than a week with, perhaps, their fourth