Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

Chris Forsberg/ESPN BostonA view from the press box at MetLife Stadium.
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Welcome to MetLife Stadium, where the New York Jets host the New England Patriots (8:20 p.m., NBC): 

Weather conditions: Gametime temperature will be in the low-50s, dropping into the high-40s as the game progresses. Skies are cloudy this afternoon but no precipitation is expected. Winds are out of the south-southwest at 10-15 mph. 

Sign outside the gates at MetLife.
    Steratore gets the call: Today's referee is Gene Steratore, officiating his first Patriots game of the season. 

Injury report: The Patriots have 10 players listed as questionable for the game. The biggest question mark is safety Patrick Chung (foot), whose lone practice of the week came on Friday. Meanwhile, the Jets have tight end Shawn Nelson (illness) and safetyBrodney Pool (knee) as questionable, with another 15 players listed as probable. 

Television information: Today's game will be televised on NBC, with Al Michaels (play-by-play), Cris Collinsworth (analysis), and Michele Tafoya (sideline reporter) on the call. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4708971/espns-patriots-jets-prediction-roundup-4

Patriots-Jets Predictions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Thanks for the pic of the stadium. I just filled my printer with toilet paper and printed it on so I can wipe myself with it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I'm done with Pepsi.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

just cancelled my metlife insurance, lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

let's see a brady throw and complete a pass over 30 yards in the air today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]I'm done with Pepsi.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]
    I work for MetLife and it PAINS me to see the company name on THAT stadium!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Jucking Fets!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/11/13/setting-the-scene-patriots-jets-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SETTING THE SCENE: PATRIOTS-JETS1
    By Mike Petraglia (WEEI)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7228051/if-new-england-patriots-sweep-new-york-jets-path-playoffs-wide-open?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hype aside new season starts Sunday

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Was on injury report with concussion

Christopher Price 
    Nate Solder on the field in full uniform warming up. Under the watchful eye of a Patriots staffer.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

LETS GO PATS.....Seems like time has stopped. Lets get this game started. I hope we keep Brady upright use the run. Like to see coach send the house after Sanchez and rattle him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Howe 
    Another interesting note, the Patriots will wear their home blue jerseys tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : I work for MetLife and it PAINS me to see the company name on THAT stadium!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I understand. I am a broker and represent MetLife. Great company, poor naming rights.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

[QUOTE]LETS GO PATS.....Seems like time has stopped. Lets get this game started. I hope we keep Brady upright use the run. Like to see coach send the house after Sanchez and rattle him.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I agree... running the ball will be essential.  I'm feeling a possible breakout game for Deion Branch or 85 tonight.  It won't happen if the running game isn't top notch.  I expect the Jets to apply the press defense that Pittsburgh brought two weeks ago.  There won't be a soft zone coverage like week 2.   Now that Haynesworth is out of the picture, there will be 100% effort out of the defense.  No more weakest link on the line.  Hopefully Chung will be healthy enough to play.  We'll need him against Holmes/Keller/Burris.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : The smart ones, which aren't many, probably see a wounded animal in the Pats. If I am a Jets fan knowing BB and Brady  have never lost 3 in a row, and NE hasn't beaten NY in NY since 2008 with Matt Cassel, with Brady hating the Jets, I don't necessarily feel overly confident about the end result. I hope my team plays well, etc, but some of them act like it's a done deal with the entitlement. Some, however, do not and see this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I heard on the radio today that they lost three straight in 2002. 

As John McGinnley's (sp) character says in Platoon, "I got a bad feeling about this one."   I am hoping my diminished expectations highten my jubulation when the Pats win despite of a slew of key injuries and being on the road. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]just cancelled my metlife insurance, lol
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Wounded and or nicked-up  animals are always more dangerous....

GO PATS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 
    Patrick Chung, who is questionable with a foot injury, is being watched by assistant strength coach Moses Cabrera. Team doctor close by.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I heard on the radio today that they lost three straight in 2002.  As John McGinnley's (sp) character says in Platoon, "I got a bad feeling about this one."   I am hoping my diminished expectations highten my jubulation when the Pats win despite of a slew of key injuries and being on the road. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]
    In 2002 the reigning champs started 3-0 but then lost 4 in a row and never recovered, missing the playoffs.

Although this game is not a must win, this is a very important game in many ways. The biggest reason to win is probably for psychological reasons. They have an easy schedule the rest of the way and a win tonight would propel them forward. A loss would make it much harder but not impossible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Pats 31  Jets 9  Ocho catches a few td passes. The Pats will be ready for whatever the Jets have in store for them this time.

25. This post has been removed.