Patriots WILL NOT Cut Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Patriots WILL NOT Cut Dennard

WHY HASN'T BB GIVEN AN EXPLAINATION FOR THIS?? I'M ENTITLED TO ANSWERS!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Report: Patriots don’t plan on cutting Alfonzo Dennard

Posted by Josh Alper on July 19, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT Alfonzo DennardAP

The Patriots didn’t wait long after tight endAaron Hernandez was arrested to cut him from their roster, but it doesn’t look like cornerback Alfonzo Dennard will face the same fate. 

According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the Patriots do not plan to release Dennard as a result of his July 11 arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. That charge is obviously less severe than the murder charge that Hernandez is facing, but it comes with a history of previous run-ins with the law for the second-year cornerback.

Dennard was arrested just before the 2012 draft for assaulting a police officer, a charge that contributed to his drop to the seventh round. Dennard was sentenced to 30 days in prison, which he’s set to serve next March, but he’s facing a hearing into whether he violated the probation that was also part of his sentence for that crime. That hearing will be held on July 31, which falls during training camp and could complicate Dennard’s availability.

Whether or not that happens, Dennard could face discipline from the NFL. Volin reports the Patriots are prepared for that eventuality and the outcome of legal proceedings could presumably change the Patriots’ stance on keeping Dennard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Just guessing but i think the hearing on the 31st will go a long way in determinig Dennards fate with the Pat's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Just guessing but i think the hearing on the 31st will go a long way in determinig Dennards fate with the Pat's.

Right, but why are to so firm in saying to someone in the league that they have no plans to cut him then? Wouldn't you say, "it depends on how his court situation turns out"?

I just wonder if they have info on what the prosecution has and feel comfortable knowing it's a bunch of crap in the court room.

Word was Kraft called Patrick for info on the Hern charges and details which is likely why they released him so fast like that.

"Supicion" of DUI isn't really a lot of evidence, unless you crash into a cop car, of course. lol

I think if he gets sent to jail imedeately i can't imagine they are going to keep him. Like i said  i am just surmising.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right, but why are to so firm in saying to someone in the league that they have no plans to cut him then? Wouldn't you say, "it depends on how his court situation turns out"?

I just wonder if they have info on what the prosecution has and feel comfortable knowing it's a bunch of crap in the court room.

Word was Kraft called Patrick for info on the Hern charges and details which is likely why they released him so fast like that.

"Supicion" of DUI isn't really a lot of evidence, unless you crash into a cop car, of course. lol

I think if he gets sent to jail imedeately i can't imagine they are going to keep him. Like i said  i am just surmising.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I don't see how that would happen if the Pats are saying what they're saying to a "league source". Why say anything? Why not wait 12 days or add a precursor into what your take is on it?

Maybe a plea deal has already been reached where he serves the 30 or maybe now 45 days next spring, where his 30 days next spring was likely to be negotiated down to time served and some community service?

I just find it odd the Pats would leak out a statement like that BEFORE his court date.

[/QUOTE]

If possible, it would be smart to arrange to serve his sentence while he's suspended by the league

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is there any precedent for a player getting suspended by the NFL for a DUI? I actually think there should be harsher penalties because the NFL has a DUI problem, but that is another issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if Nebraska rescinds his probabtion, doesnt he go straight to jail on July 31st?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Is there any precedent for a player getting suspended by the NFL for a DUI? I actually think there should be harsher penalties because the NFL has a DUI problem, but that is another issue.

It's not so much the DUI as it would be repeat offender. It depends on how they define repeat offender since the first incident occured before he was drafted but the conviction happened after.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

As a reference point, Aaron Berry got a 3-game suspension in 2012 for two arrests in the offseason http://bo.st/12SqgdC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

As a reference point, Aaron Berry got a 3-game suspension in 2012 for two arrests in the offseason http://bo.st/12SqgdC

Interesting.  Although Dennard's first arrest was before he was drafted so it isn't quite comparable.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

My understanding is that a first time DUI conviction is a monetary penalty (2 games pay). No suspension.

It seems to me the risk here is that the NFL interprets a probation violation as violating the personal conduct policy, even though it's tied to conduct that occurred before he was a player. If they do, they could suspend him for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If they;re rescinding it on a "suspicion" charge, I don't see how the judge can do that.

I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the standard for revoking probation is a lot lower than the standard for convicting someone of a crime. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Guys, there's another possibility. What if he's inocent. What if the Lincoln Police Department didn't like the verdict handed out last year. What if the cop who pulled him over this time was good friends and drinking buddies with the cop he hit in Apr 2012?

My guess is he beats this. It looks like he had two passing attempts, he may have passed the FST so this may be an overzealous cop trying to get back at him.

rkarp, you rasie an interesting point, can they recind his probation if he's fighting the latest charge? Can they recind either way or do they need to wait for the outcome of this DUI charge. If they do recind does that mean he does the 30days starting the 31st? I don't think Nebraska will be doing anything else to help his professional schedule.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I hope this kid learns atleast to stay the heck out of Nebraska from now on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

isnt Dennard not in jail because he is on probation?

I am under the assumption the hearing on JUly 31st will also rule on rescinding his probation. If rescinded, doesnt that mean he goes to jail waiting sentencing?

Isnt the suspicion of DUI because he blew a non readable level, and a non readable level is considered guilt in Nebraska?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I am under the assumption the hearing on JUly 31st will also rule on rescinding his probation. If rescinded, doesnt that mean he goes to jail waiting sentencing?

Isnt the suspicion of DUI because he blew a non readable level, and a non readable level is considered guilt in Nebraska?

No.  Your last paragraph is dependent on the terms of the probabtion.  Just because he is in court, doesn't mean he is guilty. You seem to think he is guilty. If you refuse a breathalyzer, yes, that is an admission of guilt. But, not getting a proper reading is not.

Russ, STOP IT. Refusing a breathalyzer IS NOT AN ADMISSION OF GUILT as you wrongly state above. It is simply a refusal to take the test. PERIOD. Where are you getting your legal "knowledge" from? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't think they are trying to figure out anything to do with the assault charge are they? I mean wasn't that all setlled with the sentence of 30 days + 2 years probation?

I think what's in question id whether or not he violated probation. I thought I read somewhere that refusal of any substance tests are a violation of probation. Whether the pulling over was legit or not, I thing it's up to the judge about putting him in jail due to violating probation. Judges definitely don't like being made a fool of...so that had me worried.

I had this thing all wrong...I predicted he'd be gone within 24 hours due to the AH debacle. There is little doubt in my mind (now) that Kraft must know something the public doesn't. I agree that there is no reason to make a statement BEFORE the hearing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

maybe the Pats wait for a conviction so as not to take a salary cap hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I don't think they are trying to figure out anything to do with the assault charge are they? I mean wasn't that all setlled with the sentence of 30 days + 2 years probation?

I think what's in question id whether or not he violated probation. I thought I read somewhere that refusal of any substance tests are a violation of probation. Whether the pulling over was legit or not, I thing it's up to the judge about putting him in jail due to violating probation. Judges definitely don't like being made a fool of...so that had me worried.

I had this thing all wrong...I predicted he'd be gone within 24 hours due to the AH debacle. There is little doubt in my mind (now) that Kraft must know something the public doesn't. I agree that there is no reason to make a statement BEFORE the hearing.

Yeah, me too. We were all in the mode of, "Hurry up, don't drag this one out, he is an idiot too, lets make a statement!" Maybe we are wrong, and I absolutely hope it can be worked out. Fact is, Dennard has not been accused of committing murder...........thank God.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No.  Your last paragraph is dependent on the terms of the probabtion.  Just because he is in court, doesn't mean he is guilty. You seem to think he is guilty. If you refuse a breathalyzer, yes, that is an admission of guilt. But, not getting a proper reading is not.

http://www.georgecreal.com/Top-10-DUI-Secrets-Police-and-other-lawyers-dont-want-you-to-know#.Uel0Lb7D8cA

This is still the USA.  You need to be proven guilty in a court of law.

Did you just say this is America and you still need to be proven  guilty in a court of law?

Does that only apply to NE Patriots and not to Zimmerman?

Bwahahaha.  Please stop!  Raging lunatic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

http://www.georgecreal.com/Top-10-DUI-Secrets-Police-and-other-lawyers-dont-want-you-to-know#.Uel0Lb7D8cA

Did you just say this is America and you still need to be proven  guilty in a court of law?

I guess he thinks nobody is paying attention to his multiple thread posts. NICE!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This DUI probably wouldn't have been much in the way of news worthy if it wasn't for the probation. That is the one kicker in this whole thing.

It feels like if the Pats are willing to make a statement, they probably know that Dennard has a way out of this mess...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I guess he thinks nobody is paying attention to his multiple thread posts. NICE!

Umm....Did Zimmerman leave his car and approach Martin or not? I am not going to ask you again.

We have a multitude of liars on here, too. NAS said Manslaughter was not available to the jury and Pezzy said it was.

How can someone kill someone with their own gun, AFTER intiaiting confrontation and it not being manslaughter?

If I get hammered and run someone it's vehicular homicide/manslaughter.  Do you not understand this and the laws in this country? If someone dies, there has to be a punishment. OJ SImpson, Ray Lewis, etc, can pay off whoever they want, but the facts are the facts.

I made the choice the get hammered and then drive, hence I initiated the death  Very simple. Even if not intentional, you have to be held accountable as a citizen under the rules of law.

This is very, very simple stuff here.   Zimmerman's own defense team admits he left the car on foot.  Is this not the case? You have yet to directly answer that, so I am assuming that damning fact developed in that court room is reality. So, you lose, as does Martin, and our court system loses for us as citizens AGAIN.

Period. Case closed. The millisecond I heard that FACT, that's what initiated the incident, that is where Zimmerman shows himself to the be agitator and admits guilt. If Martin had come over to his car, put his hands on his car, if they are fingerprints that prove that, then fine. But, that is not what happened.

You and Pezzy are absolute morons on this particular topic. 

Hey, do you think Pezzy and Babe still think you and I are the same person still?  LMAO

Cannot be made up.  You have them trolling you here for months and now your lack of IQ on this topic, has you aligning with them?

Oh my. 

Talk about lunacy. Pezzy doesn't even know the laws of our own country and approves of racist 5'7 toads taking the law into his own hands playing undercover police officer when he's not authorized to be one.

THis country gets dumber by the day.  That case is proof positive we need IQ tests for juries and people like you and Pezzy shouldn't be anywhere near a court room on a jury. lol

Russ, you've lost your mind. You better get a grip. GZ did nothing legally wrong and it was proven in court. Even Nancey Grace, your legal advisor, knows that. Get back to football where you've got a better shot at losing people who don't understand what you are talking about.  YOU are the liar here when you said, "If you refuse a breathalyzer, yes, that is an admission of guilt." WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT" Liar? That is flatly a lie! LOOK IT UP. Refusing a breathalyzer is simply refusing a breathalyzer. NO ADMISSION OF ANYTHING. Russ, are you as much of a liar as EVERYBODY HAS BEEN TRYING TO TELL ME WHEN I WAS STICKING UP FOR YOU? Damn, say it ain't so!!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Umm....Did Zimmerman leave his car and approach Martin or not? I am not going to ask you again.

We have a multitude of liars on here, too. NAS said Manslaughter was not available to the jury and Pezzy said it was.

How can someone kill someone with their own gun, AFTER intiaiting confrontation and it not being manslaughter?

If I get hammered and run someone it's vehicular homicide/manslaughter.  Do you not understand this and the laws in this country? If someone dies, there has to be a punishment. OJ SImpson, Ray Lewis, etc, can pay off whoever they want, but the facts are the facts.

I made the choice the get hammered and then drive, hence I initiated the death  Very simple. Even if not intentional, you have to be held accountable as a citizen under the rules of law.

This is very, very simple stuff here.   Zimmerman's own defense team admits he left the car on foot.  Is this not the case? You have yet to directly answer that, so I am assuming that damning fact developed in that court room is reality. So, you lose, as does Martin, and our court system loses for us as citizens AGAIN.

Period. Case closed. The millisecond I heard that FACT, that's what initiated the incident, that is where Zimmerman shows himself to the be agitator and admits guilt. If Martin had come over to his car, put his hands on his car, if they are fingerprints that prove that, then fine. But, that is not what happened.

You and Pezzy are absolute morons on this particular topic. 

Hey, do you think Pezzy and Babe still think you and I are the same person still?  LMAO

Cannot be made up.  You have them trolling you here for months and now your lack of IQ on this topic, has you aligning with them?

Oh my. 

Talk about lunacy. Pezzy doesn't even know the laws of our own country and approves of racist 5'7 toads taking the law into his own hands playing undercover police officer when he's not authorized to be one.

THis country gets dumber by the day.  That case is proof positive we need IQ tests for juries and people like you and Pezzy shouldn't be anywhere near a court room on a jury. lol

He was already out of his car.  And....... Is that a crime?

He did not initiate a fight.  Martin did. 

You do not know your own country's laws.

He was found not guilty based on FACTS and EVIDENCE.

Dennard on the other hand is a convicted felon.  He has no right to refusal,  He can not associate with other felons.  He can not vote.  He can not carry a gun.

In fact, if they want to they can call him to take a pizz test right now and at ANY TIME!

That's what happens when you ARE convicted of a felony.

Zimmerman was not convicted of ANY THING and has the right to be NOT called a racist and murderer.  That's slander!

I STRONGLY suggest you stop calling people racists. That's slander!!!!!!!

YOU are the only one bringing up race.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

For the love of god leave the f'ing Zimmerman/Martin crap out of this thread.  There is an entire thread where you can argue about it until you're red in the face.