Patriots with Fantasy Value?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Patriots with Fantasy Value?

Maybe this a no-no on this board since i never seem to see any fantasy speak....But anyway, The only Pats i see w/definite fantasy value are Brady, Welker & Gronk...I think the Pats revamped D can have some value w/a legit #2 CB in Bodden & being able to get in other team's backfield more...

BJGE had a huuuge year in 2010, but the Pats backfield has gotten younger & deeper......Any thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Patriots with Fantasy Value?

There's a few of us who are into the fantasy thing. I generally stay away from Patriots players as Brady loves to share the ball with multiple players.

I would still grab Brady, Gronkowski, Gostkowski and the Pats D.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

My fantasy Girlfriend won't let me play.  Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots with Fantasy Value?:
    [QUOTE]There's a few of us who are into the fantasy thing. I generally stay away from Patriots players as Brady loves to share the ball with multiple players. I would still grab Brady, Gronkowski, Gostkowski and the Pats D.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I concur...Who do you like for sleepers league-wide? I think Legarrette Blount (although not much of a sleeper) is gonna have a big year....Tolbert is a sleeper. I think Matt Ryan become an elite QB this year as well as Julio Jones...& Sims -Walker is in a position to succeed in STL...THoughts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats are all about TEAM play...  not many stat hounds on this team unless a break-out year occurs and it just happens that way.  It is not in the make-up of the team, or the way BB coaches to focus on one player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Of course Brady, Gronk, and Gostowski are all 1st string starters in their respective positions in any fantasy league.  Welker could be too, all depending who you get at your other WR spots.

While the Pats spread the wealth around on offense, I wouldn't mind picking up Branch, Ocho or the law firm as back ups.  While they clearly might not get many points as your starter on a week by week basis, they certainly are good bets to pick you up some points when your starters have bye games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Usually have to avoid Pats in Fantasy.  Brady spreads the ball too much to know which receiver to get.  Welker will get a lot of catches but for yards and TD's there are better fantasy options.  You never know which RB's they'll use.  I would say the sure things are Brady and Gronk and second tier guys are Hernandez, Welker, Ocho.

Although I was thinking about getting their defense this year.  I'm not grabbing a RB because I have know idea who they'll use.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Btw,  does anyone on here ever set up a Fantasy leage for forum members to play in?  If not, anyone interested in doing so this season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Btw,  does anyone on here ever set up a Fantasy leage for forum members to play in?  If not, anyone interested in doing so this season?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    No one has since I've been here. I'd probably be interested.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I concur...Who do you like for sleepers league-wide? I think Legarrette Blount (although not much of a sleeper) is gonna have a big year....Tolbert is a sleeper. I think Matt Ryan become an elite QB this year as well as Julio Jones...& Sims -Walker is in a position to succeed in STL...THoughts?
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]
    To be honest I haven't done much homework regarding sleepers. I got lucky last year drafting Arian Foster in a couple leagues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Fact: last year, our defense was top 5 in scoring in Fantasy Football.

I would say Brady, Gronk and Welker are all good picks. I wouldn't reach for anyone besides Brady though, Gronk wasn't truly consistent last year and Welker doesn't get elite numbers in terms of yards and TD's. Picking Welker or Gronk early IMO would be a mistake. Can't be a homer when it comes to Fantasy Football.

I had Brady, Welker, Gronk and the Pats D on my league winner last year so its all good. I did have Foster though and Roddy White so its not like the reason I won was due to my Patriots fantasy players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I would take Hernandez and/or Branch in the lower rounds.  Brady will be spreading the ball around this season, and either player would be good as a backup in the event of an injury to one of your starters.  I also love the Pats D as a fantasy pick, because teams will be forced to pass against the defense, and that can lead to picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Fact: last year, our defense was top 5 in scoring in Fantasy Football. I would say Brady, Gronk and Welker are all good picks. I wouldn't reach for anyone besides Brady though, Gronk wasn't truly consistent last year and Welker doesn't get elite numbers in terms of yards and TD's. Picking Welker or Gronk early IMO would be a mistake. Can't be a homer when it comes to Fantasy Football. I had Brady, Welker, Gronk and the Pats D on my league winner last year so its all good. I did have Foster though and Roddy White so its not like the reason I won was due to my Patriots fantasy players.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Gronk had 10 td's last season.  Not bad for a TE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm thinking about this quite a bit. The big question to me is the pats backfield. Does BJGE keep a role similar to last year? If so, he could be pretty valuable. I bet the two rookies take some time away from Benny so I'm staying away.

I have Hernandez as a keeper at TE, so I wonder if he could be valuable if they use him more as a WR (he's been doing some WR drills over TE drills at camp). Still, there's a lot of good players and only one ball. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Brady

Gronkowski

Gostowski

and the Pats' defense/special teams (if they get their safety situation resolved).  With better pass rush, I could see them causing even more turnovers.  Plus in my league you get points for sacks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Btw,  does anyone on here ever set up a Fantasy leage for forum members to play in?  If not, anyone interested in doing so this season?
    Now that you've piqued my interest, I say let's do it.
    There's a lot of options and things to work out.
    Here are the sites I've used in the past,

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy
    http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball
    http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football

I've never started a league before but I will do it if no one else steps up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots with Fantasy Value? : Now that you've piqued my interest, I say let's do it. There's a lot of options and things to work out. Here are the sites I've used in the past, http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ http://www.nfl.com/fantasy http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football I've never started a league before but I will do it if no one else steps up.
    id be intersted if someone set one up...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have played in many leagues over the years on yahoo, NFL, and fox, and CBS but never ran one on any of those sites.  I would be more then happy to check it out and get one set up for those interested on here.  If anyone else has set one up and wants to run it, please speak up now.  Otherwise I will go and get it checked out.

Digger, I don't want to step on toes here, you mentioned you would do it if no one else stepped up.  If you would like to then feel free and I will help with anything needed to get it going, I think it would be fun on here. 

One of the big issues is if people want a live draft or a auto draft.  While live drafts are fun, they can be time consuming and hard to get everyone to agree on a time since there are so many time zones covered in this forum.  Of course, we can set up a live draft and those who can't make it can set theirs up to auto draft.  For those interested, what would be your choice?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots with Fantasy Value? : id be intersted if someone set one up...
    Posted by thejuice1[/QUOTE]

I would be interested as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I would too....I did NFL.com Fantasy football last year....Great site to play via!

LOL

Chad Ochocinco 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

We can create our own league and you do not have to show e-mail address

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I have played in many leagues over the years on yahoo, NFL, and fox, and CBS but never ran one on any of those sites.  I would be more then happy to check it out and get one set up for those interested on here.  If anyone else has set one up and wants to run it, please speak up now.  Otherwise I will go and get it checked out. Digger, I don't want to step on toes here, you mentioned you would do it if no one else stepped up.  If you would like to then feel free and I will help with anything needed to get it going, I think it would be fun on here.  One of the big issues is if people want a live draft or a auto draft.  While live drafts are fun, they can be time consuming and hard to get everyone to agree on a time since there are so many time zones covered in this forum.  Of course, we can set up a live draft and those who can't make it can set theirs up to auto draft.  For those interested, what would be your choice?
    Looks like we have some interest. I prefer a live draft but logistically an auto draft would probably be better.

Go ahead and check it out and we'll go from there.

We'll have to think of a good name for our group. Sounds like a good thread topic, lol.

Rocky, how do we get into a league with Ochocinco?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots with Fantasy Value? : Looks like we have some interest. I prefer a live draft but logistically an auto draft would probably be better. Go ahead and check it out and we'll go from there. We'll have to think of a good name for our group. Sounds like a good thread topic, lol. Rocky, how do we get into a league with Ochocinco?

I wonder if 85 will do something PR related where he said he is going to move in with a fan.....I will keep my eye on his posts...lol

I am all for a live draft.....Rankings usually takes too much work.....With a live draft
    you make the picks.....Less likely to try and trade your entire team to get the players you really wanted! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

League Name ideas and if you prefer live or auto draft.  If we do live draft, thinking about Saturday, September 3rd, noon eastern time.  Thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I would prefer a live draft if that's cool with everyone. That day and time is ok with me.