Pats a destination for Fitzgerald?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxfan74. Show patsoxfan74's posts

Pats a destination for Fitzgerald?

08:02 AM ET 12.22 | Though the thought for Patriots fans may be as unlikely as it is appealing, one of the league's top receivers may be available. While the offense has looked pretty impressive over the last month, it still lacks a deep threat. Brandon Tate has yet to do much in that role and hasn't really shown signs he'll do so down the road. This draft should be well stocked with big-bodied, downfield threats. ... If Larry Fitzgerald is shopped by Arizona I would think Bill Belichick would at least do his due diligence. Is that too much to ask for as a Patriots fan? Probably. But keep dreaming. No one thought the team would ever get Randy Moss and ended up getting three-plus great years out of him.

Patriots.com

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/256451-pats-a-destination-for-fitzgerald#ixzz18r6xL3kH

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Pats a destination for Fitzgerald?

no. please don't repost this kind of unsubstantiated junk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Pats a destination for Fitzgerald?:
    [QUOTE]well  the Cards can not franchise him  so  if we could strike a deal  why not
    Posted by wolfwood[/QUOTE]

There's no reason not to, if you can strike the deal you want, but if Arizona dangles Fitzgerald, somebody is going to mortgage their future for him, and Belichick certainly won't do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

[QUOTE]I love how the lack of a deep threat is still being beaten into Pat's fans heads.  All the lack of a deep threat has garnered thus far is the # 1 scoring offense in football, #1 in QB rating, #1 in passing TD's and #2 in YPA.  They're doing quite fine w/o a "deep threat".

As far as Fitzgerald, top 5 wr in the league, but I don't see BB handing over draft picks/players and a big extension

(which will be needed following 2012 or possibly before) to get and keep this guy. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Well, BB can be expected to do the unexpected.

but, please, not that!!

team needs DLine, OLine, depth @RB, (what else?)

and the offense is first in the league!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

T'would be a nice pickup.  Who knows?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Where do I sign?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We don't need a deep threat , we have YAC threats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

since when has Fitzgerald become a deep threat he has zero speed he just catches everything his way and he can jump runs great routes but no speed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I love how the lack of a deep threat is still being beaten into Pat's fans heads.  All the lack of a deep threat has garnered thus far is the # 1 scoring offense in football, #1 in QB rating, #1 in passing TD's and #2 in YPA.  They're doing quite fine w/o a "deep threat". As far as Fitzgerald, top 5 wr in the league, but I don't see BB handing over draft picks/players and a big extension (which will be needed following 2012 or possibly before) to get and keep this guy. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Amen MB. this deep threat BS has got to stop. We have a more lethal offense than the 2007 version, and there is not 1 deep threat target on our team (other than Tate who can do deep, but to classify him a "threat" is a bit premature)...

THe offense we have now works. If we are drafting or even trading for WR's, I think they fit this style offense. I want quicker route runners that can run just about any route, have football IQ to understand where the gaps are. Methodical marches down the field, that eat up time and score points is what I wnat..

MB...anyone in next year's draft fit the Branch/Welker mold?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If BB needed a "deep threat" receiver, one would think there would be one in the lineup.  Tate, though inexperienced, may be the player who could eventually be that deep threat with his speed.  Otherwise, have the Patriots shown a need to have a deep threat?  Their record this year say "no"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats a destination for Fitzgerald? : Amen MB. this deep threat BS has got to stop. We have a more lethal offense than the 2007 version, and there is not 1 deep threat target on our team (other than Tate who can do deep, but to classify him a "threat" is a bit premature)... THe offense we have now works. If we are drafting or even trading for WR's, I think they fit this style offense. I want quicker route runners that can run just about any route, have football IQ to understand where the gaps are. Methodical marches down the field, that eat up time and score points is what I wnat.. MB...anyone in next year's draft fit the Branch/Welker mold?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

For high round options (1-2), Ryan Broyles (5-11 180 Oklahoma) is a kid that fits what they look for.  Using quickness, agilty and fluidity to gain seperation, has good RAC ability, will work the middle of the field and can also provide value as a PR.  He's prob a 2nd rounder at this point.

As for middle rounders (3-5),Jeremy Kerley (5-10 190 TCU), Matt Szczur (5-11 205 Villanova)  and junior Randall Cobb (5-11 190 Kentucky, could work his way into Rd 2 consideration if he declares) show a similar skill set in that they're quicker than fast and will do more damage on RAC than they will by "stretching the field", and offer some versatility making them good fits for NE's scheme.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

forget about deep threat. In this injury filled league the Pats philosophy of "deep" is the way to go. Spending the dollars on Fitz is not smart. Surely I can see the Pats bringing in another WR or two, but not at Fitz dollars.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

being he is 6'3 i would take him in a heart beat, he can out jump CB's like someone who is 6'5.

we need a taller reciever and a proven speed deep threat. if BB works something out i would not complain

still if BB can find comparbale talent in the draft for less money, i'm sure he would prefer that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I would love to see Fitz in a Pats uniform, but if it does not happen maybe BB will go after A. J. Green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I have a feeling they'd lean to 85 over Fitzgerald.  They seem to prefer the short-mid game than the vertical game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

For the right price

Plus he doesn't have the character concerns that Moss had.  People assume that every receiver will turn into a problem child like Moss.  Insofar as I'm aware, Fitzgerald is a poster boy for good behavior.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm not opposed to Fitzgerald..who in their right mind would be. The guy is an unbelievable talent..period. The problem is what do we give up to get him, and how will it cost us to secure him? The first part I'm not concerned about. The second part I am. It will probbably cost us about $10M a year to secure Fitz. That means we would need to make some tough decisions..Mankins, etc., etc.

Personally I'm passing on Fitz. I want to lock up guys like Mankins and others long term, and then look to develop Price/Tate, and possibly take a WR in round 2 depending upon the Pats feelings on Price/Tate. Honestly, we don't know what they think about these 2 long term.