Pats are going 19-0 this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Pats are going 19-0 this year.

In Response to Re: Pats are going 19-0 this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats are going 19-0 this year. : yeah, i like winning the super bowl. but no way they end up 10-6
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    Me neither, my point really was that I'd rather win the superbowl regardless of what the regular season record is.  Seriously, would you rather go 10-6 and win the superbowl or go 16-0 in regular season and lose somewhere in the playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The fantasy of 19-0 might be appealing for our narcissistic ego's (make us feel special and invulnerable) but the reality of it could be disturbing to us. Such feat's can take us further from the humility necessary to appreciate life and from the reality of how necessary it is accept imperfection in ourselves and others. Furthermore, others have re-inforced that the pressure of having to be 19-0 can be self defeating in itself.

Emotional sobriety is counter to belief system of many sports fans but is necessary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]-_-...In the entire history of the NFL, only two teams have gone undefeated in the  regular season. Only one team has gone undefeated the entire year, to say that a team with the same QB and head coach will do it again is like saying Adriana Lima wants to have my first born son. It ain't happening.  14-2 is what I'm looking at for the season. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Only in the super bowl Era. but I mean lets face it that Dolphins team in 72 was not even that great of a team.  They didn't have to play a team with a winning record till the playoffs.  85 Bears and 07 Pats are far better than that Fins team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a fanatic. I'm rooting for them to win every game.....therefore, I'm rooting for them to go 19-0. I can't see myself watching a game, and hoping the Pats lose......just so we don't have the pressure of an undefeated season.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

I'm with you

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think that is ever really going to be realistic.   It'd be an incredible feat, but I am not sure I see it ever happening.  Maybe. I see them as 13-3 this year, maybe a 14-2 situation.  
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]It might not be realistic to you. The Colts had a chance to be perfect, but they bitched out. It's entirely possible for the Pat's. They did it once second time around would be so much sweeter. If the Pats stay healthy I say they have a decent chance at 19-0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If Brady is upright they will win no less than 12 games and have home field throughout the playoffs. At the end of the day all I care about is them winning when it counts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not that it's an impossibility but it is unlikely. What may stop them is the way the schedule maker starts their season with 5 out of 7 on the road,this will never happen to the NYJ or the NYG because they are the darlings of Goodsmell. However I do see the Patriots coming close to 15-1 regular season and I'll reserve prediction for the post season because I have to see how healthy they are.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it's going to be a very long time before we see another 16-0 regular season team. I mean it was 35+ years between the 72' Dolphins and 2007 Pats. Will it be another 35+ years? Who knows.
    On paper and in preseason we have seem glimmers of what this team can be. In all honesty, I would like us to go back to grinding it out and having an attacking D. This is what wins in the post season.
    If i had to predict our W/L based on schedule, I would put us at 13-3 or 12-4. Either should be good enough to win the division. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~~~

I'd like to forward a motion to delete this thread, then blow it up, and then incinerate whatever remains there are...and all like it, or even "semi-somewhat-resembling" like it, that come up through the course of this year...

To ALL:

Look guys, Ya wanna what'chre hearing around the League...?  Already a few Coaches & Players droppin' hints on Spygate, ESPN commentators making MULTIPLE refernces to it, Sport's Editors from daily papers like The Post, The New Times, The Indy Star...ALL dropping negative connotations regarding The Pats, Web-Pages like ESPN.com, NFL.com had 1, PFT, I mean bringing up anything AND everything no matter how outlandish-Spygate, New England Fans hate Tom Brady, Belichick "certainly MUST have done some underhanded free agent targeting during the lockout," Losing The coveted "Patriot Way" (whatever that is) by signing horrible mass murderers Ochocinco & Haynesworth, and more & more BDC trolling by other teams's fans attempting to instigate, bash, drag down, Pats Fans & obviously the NE Pats Team itself...

AND LOOK, I've been on here for Years...  Some of you folks might believe this amount of derisive press in ANY forms, is normal... Just a nnormal offseason of this stuff from News, Media, Other Teams, their fans, etc..  I'm here ta say...It ain't.  Not 1 bit...  Truth is, People have realized that NE's 2011 Team looks good, Reeeeal good, And the spotlight's on New England.  And subsequently, IF you have any "fandom" for ANY other Team, even IF you have any inclinations no matter how slight towards either wanting some OTHER team to succeed this season, Or just simply NOT wanting The Patriots to succeed...You are right now, ever moreso, trying to make your voice heard, and often YOUR device & manner, is to find some way, shape, or form, to sully or even slander The Pats...

And WHY are they doin' this far more this 2011 Season...?  A:  Because they're afraid.  And I don't mean real-life omg, someone's shooting a gun at me, "afraid".  I'm simply saying "Afraid" in terms of a group they follow & love's (i.e. sport's team), apparent & certainly possible BIG weakness, big shortcomings compared to a rival team...  But they are.

~~~
    And look, here's What's Up...  I'm not sure I believe in Karma, ya know?  Our human brains tend to be like computers, Finding & obsessionally concluding, categorizing, and comparing...that is, attempting to find "Reason" & "Methods" in ALL things we experience.  

Yet it IS sorta eerily uncanny How often those that are in NEED to get some comeupance, to "get theirs"...how often they do.

And I can't pretend to offer you guys some design on Large-Scale mass of people getting some kinda "Universal just deserves"...  But I'll tell'ya 1 thing:  Thoughts & Emotions are REAL...very real things.  I mean, they've even measured it now for a decade in a half, testing levels of emotions in brains (deciphering what emotions are being exemplified) on a day to day basis, seperate unconflicting studies, on people who don't know each other 1 bit, and people on EVERY continent...yes.  Wanna know what they figured out?  They determined that there really IS a large scale correlation, world-wide on the similarities of emotions/feelings/positive/negative, etc, that's ABSOLUTELY 100% eerily the same at any & all given present moments/days...  Across culture, strangers, continents, languages=LARGE scale similarities regarding the flow being exuded at any given time...

What's this mean?  What's this gotta do with The 2011 NE Patriots?

Well, like I said, I can't nor won't pretend to tell'ya that Karma's bonafide 110% Real, true...  But I'll offer you 1 thing:  In 2007, The Pats Players and UN-doubtedly seemingly every adhoring fan of the 2007 NE Patriots, began placing their humility, their "hopes for a SB", ALL these things- Just a tad more "in check" (as that season wore on).  Ya wanna know what started taking it's place?  Things & feelings like "deserving", and "Lombardi's in the bag", and other overall feelings of entitlement...  IF you were here, you saw it...  Heck, I did too.  Uhp, Pats killed another team...yea, pretty much unstoppable, untouchable.  IF you have FRIENDS that are Pats Fans, during the 2007 season you saw it from them...  They WERE not, beatable...at all.  

Feelings & emotions & thoughts of entitlement, gross over-illustration of Hubris in something that'cha follow, love, and consider yourself some "part of" (as a fan)...

These things scare me.
    These things en masse, and grossly outweighed in terms of: I (We) are so much better than you, You have no chance, We're simply unstoppable & deserving, & right, & blah-blah-blah...
    Those things, like that, way outta balance...Are not good.

Because these things, EVEN IF you're the most diehard blinded cynic RE: Thoughts being real things...ya gotta realize 1 thing at least...

These things can't help matters.      
    PreSeason Threads portraying a 19-0 cakewalk to certain Lombardi before ANY-thing has happened...?
    These things can't help matters...at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The fantasy of 19-0 might be appealing for our narcissistic ego's (make us feel special and invulnerable) but the reality of it could be disturbing to us. Such feat's can take us further from the humility necessary to appreciate life and from the reality of how necessary it is accept imperfection in ourselves and others. Furthermore, others have re-inforced that the pressure of having to be 19-0 can be self defeating in itself. Emotional sobriety is counter to belief system of many sports fans but is necessary.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Just read this now... +1000 NYC.
    Others NEED to take note...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

The 'Spygate Incident' was so over-blown! These teams scout each other so well that no matter what anyone says, "It all comes down to execution." Nobody wants to give anyone any credit anymore. I guess it's easier to discredit another team than admit our own teams failings. Take college basketball. most teams only have a handful of plays. All week their opponent's watch film & scrimmage against the scout team which run these plays over & over. Come game time, They know what's coming, but many times fail to stop the other team because the other team just executes better. That's what the Patriot's have done over most of the past decade, execute better than the other team. I don't think 'spygate' has anything to do with the Patriots struggling in the playoffs lately. It seems like the team that is 'peaking' going into the playoffs usually ends up as Super Bowl Champs, even though they were clearly not the best team all year.
    If it was a best out of 3, than the better team would most likely win out. But in a one game playoff, anything can happen!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

19-1.  The Pats go 15-1 and tie for the AFCE title with the Jets, who win it on tiebreakers forcing the Pats to play in the wild card round.

Seriously, I couldn't handle another run.  The end of 2007, and the playoff run left me a jangle of nerves.  I was actually expecting them to lose in the Super Bowl; I was that sick about the whole thing and just had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach going in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Well, like I said, I can't nor won't pretend to tell'ya that Karma's bonafide 110% Real, true...  But I'll offer you 1 thing:  In 2007, The Pats Players and UN-doubtedly seemingly every adhoring fan of the 2007 NE Patriots, began placing their humility, their "hopes for a SB", ALL these things- Just a tad more "in check" (as that season wore on).   Ya wanna know what started taking it's place?  Things & feelings like "deserving", and "Lombardi's in the bag", and other overall feelings of entitlement...  IF you were here, you saw it...  Heck, I did too.  Uhp, Pats killed another team...yea, pretty much unstoppable, untouchable.  IF you have FRIENDS that are Pats Fans, during the 2007 season you saw it from them...  They WERE not, beatable...at all.  

Feelings & emotions & thoughts of entitlement, gross over-illustration of Hubris in something that'cha follow, love, and consider yourself some "part of" (as a fan)...

These things scare me.
    These things en masse, and grossly outweighed in terms of: I (We) are so much better than you, You have no chance, We're simply unstoppable & deserving, & right, & blah-blah-blah...
    Those things, like that, way outta balance...Are not good.

Because these things, EVEN IF you're the most diehard blinded cynic RE: Thoughts being real things...ya gotta realize 1 thing at least...

These things can't help matters.      
    PreSeason Threads portraying a 19-0 cakewalk to certain Lombardi before ANY-thing has happened...?

Thanks Laz,
    This says it!
    It is this kind of entitled, narcissistic thinking that leads everyone into trouble and creates so much revenge, pain and violence in the world. I know I have been guilty of it in my life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I want them to go 19-0 so we, as Patriot fans, can say a big collective "SHUT-UP" and "F-U" to all those who brought up Spygate, are currently mentioning it, or who will bring it up in the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]I want them to go 19-0 so we, as Patriot fans, can say a big collective "SHUT-UP" and "F-U" to all those who brought up Spygate, are currently mentioning it, or who will bring it up in the future.
    Posted by Plastics017[/QUOTE]

Saying F.U. won't make others stop saying it and it won't help us feel better either because it does not address the real issue. Humility and honesty are needed to admit BB's mistakes even if it is inconsequential (the illegal filming). Even then, we have little control over other's revengeful attitudes. We have to let go. No ammount arguing can gaurantee others will change their minds. At that point, it is their problem. We do not need to make it our problem by ceaseless arguing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Why not 23 and 0?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The 'Spygate Incident' was so over-blown! These teams scout each other so well that no matter what anyone says, "It all comes down to execution." Nobody wants to give anyone any credit anymore. I guess it's easier to discredit another team than admit our own teams failings. Take college basketball. most teams only have a handful of plays. All week their opponent's watch film & scrimmage against the scout team which run these plays over & over. Come game time, They know what's coming, but many times fail to stop the other team because the other team just executes better. That's what the Patriot's have done over most of the past decade, execute better than the other team. I don't think 'spygate' has anything to do with the Patriots struggling in the playoffs lately. It seems like the team that is 'peaking' going into the playoffs usually ends up as Super Bowl Champs, even though they were clearly not the best team all year. If it was a best out of 3, than the better team would most likely win out. But in a one game playoff, anything can happen!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Steelcurtain, Noone has said this to you, but it needs to be said~

There are very few posters that ever frequent this BDC, whom are fans of any of the other 31 NFL Teams, whom tell it like it us without regard to neither the slant nor even the most minor & very common impartialities that go hand in hand, with being a fan following a rival, or even Any & Every different NFL Team...  You are 1 of these people...and during your trips on this Pats board, you've ALWAYS maintained these unswayed trains of very admirable posts, that simply speak your honest takes on matters...  

Subsequently, Ya GOTTA know that you're not only overwhelmingly respected on here by Us Pats Fans who are BDC loyalists, but we always appreciate you comin' around for a stop in.

Wanna share somethin' with ya... After reading your post RE: Spygate, It instantly reminded me of some random part in The Spygate wiki article, that I read a very long time back.  Here's the part:

"(Arlen)Specter also told reporters the "Spygate" case against the New England Patriots involved four games against the Steelers, including two AFC championship games. Specter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "I think Steelers fans have a lot to be concerned about this and I'm one of them...maybe Steelers ownership should think about it a little."[30] Two days later, Steelers chairman Dan Rooney rebuffed Specter, stating that "We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a non-issue. In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games."[  

~~~...thought'cha might like that.  And that's what I'd like you to take away from this post of mine...  Namely, the following:
    ~There was a random thread on here some time back.  The Hypothetical Question posed to BDC Pats Fans was- "IF The New England Patriots Team, in some who-knows-how, somehow, someway, Ceased to exist...not moved, just 1 day dismantled forever and all-time...WHICH of the other 31 NFL Teams would you become a fan of?"  

~The vast majority of the answers?  The Pittsburgh Steelers.  I believe, although "rivals", Pats Fans and Steelers Fans are at the CORE of their philosophies on Team, Fandom, and everything else-VERY Similiar with 1 another.  They respect puttin' It on the field of play, and ShuttingTFU off the field of play.  Others might think Us and Our Teams (cough-Coach Belichick example A1)- cold, bland, unpersonable, ya know...?  Pr!cks.  Maybe it's The NorthEast thing that hits a few key regions decisively, lol...  But we don't dig flash, we don't dig Ego, loud-mouths, pomp & circumstance are terms foreign to Our Teams and their fans...  We don't dig totalitarian pr!cks like Roger Goodel, a guy who's forever changing the nature of the game Our Teams love to play...just...like...it...is. 

<See James Harrison stickin' it to Goodell and still playing ferocious. See Belichick's recent quotes on the "new rules" kick-offs, and him just stating blandly to simply put the d#mn ball on the 20y.l., considering it's now just a waste of coaches like his, and the players' time, now. See your Owners excuse-FREE take on Spygate in that quote.  Even see Ochocinco, now a NE Patriot, tellin' the guy that just leveled him on the field the other week, in some tweet that it was a: "Nice hit & that's the way the game SHOULD be played. And IF you're fined by Goodell, I'll pay 'em myself." /> 
    ~And you know firsthand...The List goes on and on and on...for both our clubs.

...and Our Fans (both our fans).  I guess what it comes down to, is that Neither Fan of The Steel or The Pats nor Our respective Teams & Players=We/They/You and Us=We don't believe in b#llsh#t.  And we don't respect b#llsh#t.  We don't want flash, selfish players, micro-managing emperor czars, Excuses...we don't even want our guys in Commercials on television.  We just want hardcore pound your face football, and face values...And what we respect is Winning, and winning hard.
    And YOU exemplify the steel fan and these steeler mantras, to a "T".  Just had ta say it, And now I'm out...   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

"There really is not a bad seat, nice place, even the upper deck is not too far up. End zone seats tend to be a little rough at times. Best seats are the 1st or second level in the upper deck."

Thx Phllyphn - much appreciated

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

[QUOTE]The 'Spygate Incident' was so over-blown! These teams scout each other so well that no matter what anyone says, "It all comes down to execution." Nobody wants to give anyone any credit anymore. I guess it's easier to discredit another team than admit our own teams failings. Take college basketball. most teams only have a handful of plays. All week their opponent's watch film & scrimmage against the scout team which run these plays over & over. Come game time, They know what's coming, but many times fail to stop the other team because the other team just executes better. That's what the Patriot's have done over most of the past decade, execute better than the other team. I don't think 'spygate' has anything to do with the Patriots struggling in the playoffs lately. It seems like the team that is 'peaking' going into the playoffs usually ends up as Super Bowl Champs, even though they were clearly not the best team all year. If it was a best out of 3, than the better team would most likely win out. But in a one game playoff, anything can happen!

Have always ejnjoyed your repectful and knowledgale posts. Thanks, and come back.1 The real football fans welcome you and will never label you here!KMc

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

LazarusintheSanatoriu &  NESportnut

Thanks for the kind words. I really find that the regulars on here bring up some interesting and good questions about not only the Patriots, but the league as a whole. What I really find interesting is how you guys have been bringing up the last few years how the Patriots have been re-loading(Can't say rebuilding, because they've remained near the top) It's slowly all coming together, and you have to tip your hat to Coach Belichick & the Patriot organization for the choices they have made, and  the way they did it. I know it's only preseason, but the Patriots are loaded and I'll be surprised if they lose very many games. To go undefeated is pretty tough, especially if injuries start to mount up. You can also never expect what will happen when the Patriots play the Jets. Although I think the Jets could easily get blown out by the Patriots, I don't think you'll see the Jets blowing out the Patriots. But it has become such a fierce rivalry, and if they can keep it close, get a few breaks, it could be a nail-biter. Should be an interesting year. Personally I hope Cleveland continues to improve, it would be great to bring that rivalry back into the game. I have a few friends that are Browns fans and we always have a lot of fun bantering with each other. All good people and very dedicated to their team, win or lose!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I dunno, 19-0 takes as much luck as it does skill really...for example Rex Ryan's ill timed timeout in 2007....had it not been for that, the perfect season would have been derailed by the Ravens...who were just terrible that year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]LazarusintheSanatoriu &  NESportnut Thanks for the kind words. I really find that the regulars on here bring up some interesting and good questions about not only the Patriots, but the league as a whole. What I really find interesting is how you guys have been bringing up the last few years how the Patriots have been re-loading(Can't say rebuilding, because they've remained near the top) It's slowly all coming together, and you have to tip your hat to Coach Belichick & the Patriot organization for the choices they have made, and  the way they did it. I know it's only preseason, but the Patriots are loaded and I'll be surprised if they lose very many games. To go undefeated is pretty tough, especially if injuries start to mount up. You can also never expect what will happen when the Patriots play the Jets. Although I think the Jets could easily get blown out by the Patriots, I don't think you'll see the Jets blowing out the Patriots. But it has become such a fierce rivalry, and if they can keep it close, get a few breaks, it could be a nail-biter. Should be an interesting year. Personally I hope Cleveland continues to improve, it would be great to bring that rivalry back into the game. I have a few friends that are Browns fans and we always have a lot of fun bantering with each other. All good people and very dedicated to their team, win or lose!

Even though I've never said anything to you, I've always respected you as a poster. I think it's good to have fans from other teams take part in discussion on here but it's the stupid trolls that have nothing relevant to contribute to the discussion which ultimately just ends up destroying it. I've always respected Pittsburgh fans, even though I cheer for them to lose for the simple fact that they're always battling the Pats for the Conference. They're a great organization and are very similar to the pats with the way they run things. I went to Pittsburgh to catch a Sox/Bucs game this summer and was impressed with the people there. They actually reminded me a lot of Bostonians. Very dedicated fans who are very friendly and welcoming if you don't start sh*t with them. Anyways, good luck to you this season except for on October 30th and if we see you in the playoffs ;)