pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?

im all for wilfork getting locked up.im all for the new deals with bodden,and banta cain.but when are the pats gonna focus on players that will fill in the holes the team has,and help improve there team?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=169546&id=2614

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?

Free agency is not always the answer.....take a chill pill.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?

no its not,but its where you start.the draft wont help them for a couple of years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

not really.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

So then tell us where it will come from.second year players on the team?the ones who were injured and didnt play last season?these are not guarantees.if there are proven talents in the free agency you get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with Mosseffect! -WE have just retained our own jsut to get back to 'even' (Even meaning the same team pretty much as last yr (which most of us are trying to forget).  Most rookies from the draft don't usaully have 'instant impact' in first year.  Some do though and it is why the Pats need to HIT on their picks in April. 

Free Agency might not be the Answer ---BUT using some of your draft picks like they did in 07' (ex. Moss / Welker) to pull players OFF of their current teams and put them on the Pats - is what I think Mosseffect is trying to say here.  They almost had it with Boldin, but the pats backed off....By going after Boldin, this tells me the Pats are concerned and would like to get #12 BRADY another weapon out there for him.  Hopefully the Pats stay on this ....Ok, it wasn't Boldin, but maybe another proven talent ??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?:
    I agree with Mosseffect! -WE have just retained our own jsut to get back to 'even' (Even meaning the same team pretty much as last yr (which most of us are trying to forget).  Most rookies from the draft don't usaully have 'instant impact' in first year.  Some do though and it is why the Pats need to HIT on their picks in April.  Free Agency might not be the Answer ---BUT using some of your draft picks like they did in 07' (ex. Moss / Welker) to pull players OFF of their current teams and put them on the Pats - is what I think Mosseffect is trying to say here.  They almost had it with Boldin, but the pats backed off....By going after Boldin, this tells me the Pats are concerned and would like to get #12 BRADY another weapon out there for him.  Hopefully the Pats stay on this ....Ok, it wasn't Boldin, but maybe another proven talent ??
    Posted by NOISE
    I agree.in the free agency it also means players that are restricted.they are the better ones.and with the extra picks we have.the pats can afford to use some of them.this may be randy moss last season here.after he is gone there will be no receiver threat on the team. welker will miss some time this year.so why not target that restricted receiver?,or the good unrestricted one out there now.even if its just for a year.no pass rush.why not target dumervile?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

This team just cemented some important positions and kept all their important free agents. I would not be surprised if they sign Brady then see whats left over for the draft and free agents. Things are shaping up nicely for the Pats to make a run on a verteran receiver like Marshall. That could be a draft pick trade and sign. They're pretty darned solid for this early into free agency.

With them signing Wilfork and Bodden I now feel comfortable with the defense; they're all quality players straight up the middle. Now they need to get a good pass rusher in the draft and also a veteran free agent like Jason Taylor.

The offense really only needs another marquee receiver and I think it will be Marshall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Totally agree they have done what they had to do with their own.  A kind of move as you mentioned below "going after Marshall" would put this Pats team OVER the Top and this would answer our Mosseffects question here 'when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?' ---eventhough Marshall is certainely not the squeaky clean sort of player...But UNCOVERABLE on the Field.

In Response to Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team?:
    This team just cemented some important positions and kept all their important free agents. I would not be surprised if they sign Brady then see whats left over for the draft and free agents. Things are shaping up nicely for the Pats to make a run on a verteran receiver like Marshall. That could be a draft pick trade and sign. They're pretty darned solid for this early into free agency. With them signing Wilfork and Bodden I now feel comfortable with the defense; they're all quality players straight up the middle. Now they need to get a good pass rusher in the draft and also a veteran free agent like Jason Taylor. The offense really only needs another marquee receiver and I think it will be Marshall.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Why give up draft picks in a year when the draft class is suppose to be the deepest its been in almost 30yrs?

Locking up players are important, but to do what they did in 2007 vs what they did from 2000-2005...Id rather have the latter....Although they had a great season in 2007 they didnt win a SB, so that approach didnt work.  Time to go back and do what they have done best.

Stop complaining people, once we see the end result then we can criticize.  This Free agency market was weak...It was important for NE to retain their own guys because they had some of the best FA's on the market.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

no one here is complaining on who they retained.im excited over it.but some of us could even be more excited haveing that player on here that is truely needed.or the one player that will get us over the top.maybe he is in the draft,but that remains to be seen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I will agree that they need to address some areas.  Specifically another quality reciever, but I dont see Marshall coming to NE.  He is going to want a monster contract and that is not going to fly.  I really liked Kevin Walter from Houston but they locked him up pretty fast.  Other than that who is out there?

No one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

So then tell us where it will come from.second year players on the team?the ones who were injured and didnt play last season?these are not guarantees.if there are proven talents in the free agency you get it.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Dude, we are 5 days into free agency...and we have not drafted yet....we have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of a very deep draft.....CHILL.

I am getting sick of the new "Sky is Falling" Pats fans....almost like they don't appreciate that they are not fans of the Lions....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@m1021...I couldnt agree with you more....people act like this team was 4-12 last season.

I think it was more important to re-sign VW, Bodden, Neal and TBC than it was too bring in a high profile FA.

Also, just because a team looks good on paper doesnt mean that it translates to reality.  Until another team wins the AFC East NE is the team to beat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

your the one who needs to chill.im not sending off fire alarms.im just stateing they have yet to sign anyone to help the team.as for the draft that remains to be seen.how many players come right out of the draft,and make an instant impact in there first year?every year we here someone say[ well this years draft is very deep]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Edelman made an impact, Vollmer made an impact, Pryor did a good job with the time he was able to work with. Butler played pretty good and should continue to improve. So to say that they will not make an impact is not true.

Who do you want them to sign?

I would like to see them get Morrison from OAK and lock up Crumpler and Reed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Improve. Now that is an interesting NFL debate. Do NFL players improve or do they develop. My sense is they develop, and they develop at different rates. Good NFL coaches know this and try to hold on to players during their prime years. The four players we've retained this off season are all entering their prime playing years.  We have a bunch of players we drafted the last two years that are developing at extraordinary rates and will be entering their prime early.  My thinking is we improved the heck out of this year team by focusing on developing the players we have and adding four high draft choices. 

My bet is they add a few more veteran role players and call it good. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

your the one who needs to chill.im not sending off fire alarms.im just stateing they have yet to sign anyone to help the team.as for the draft that remains to be seen.how many players come right out of the draft,and make an instant impact in there first year?every year we here someone say[ well this years draft is very deep]
    Posted by mosseffect43

I can't chill when I am reading all of these posts of over reacting supposedly Pats fans crying about the Pats not making any major free agent signings.....There wasn's very many high quality free agents out there....and some teams needs were larger than ours (that is why they over-pay for them).

And think about it, all of the players who were underclassmen and would normally wait, are coming out this year because of fear that there is a rookie salary cap next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

@m1021...I couldnt agree with you more....people act like this team was 4-12 last season. I think it was more important to re-sign VW, Bodden, Neal and TBC than it was too bring in a high profile FA. Also, just because a team looks good on paper doesnt mean that it translates to reality.  Until another team wins the AFC East NE is the team to beat.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    yes the pats barely won there division,and lost in the first round of the playoffs.didnt make the playoffs the year before.they struggled all year long with the wins they got.yes they are the team to beat,but the window is closeing.edelman played fair,and may improve.the others may improve,but it remains to be seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If they end up signing Crumpler that would be a good start as he is better than Watson or Baker and could be a great help in the passing Game. There is still lots of time left and plenty of players that haven't been signed through free agency. They also could trade picks for established veterans that could help the team as well as some of the rookies from last year that should improve. It's pretty tough to stay focused on all things "Pats" this time of year because things move slowly. I'm sure Belichick knows the weeknesses this team needs to address and the longer free agency goes on the better price you can get these guys for and hopefully sign a few impact players instead of just one guy like Julius Peppers.

"Patience Grasshopper"-Master Po

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team? : yes the pats barely won there division,and lost in the first round of the playoffs.didnt make the playoffs the year before.they struggled all year long.yes the team to beat,but the window is closeing.edelman played fair,and may improve.the others may improve,but it remains to be seen.
    Posted by mosseffect43

The Pats won the division against a strong division.....

and I will let you tell me why a team that lost their MVP franchise QB for the whole year went 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

What are you talking about "played fair"  the guy was a college qb and converted to an NFL WR.  He did a great job.  He probably would have been up for Rookie of the Year if he never got hurt.

As far as barely winning the division...They won.  Does that mean they will win it this year...NO, but until the Jets, Miami or Buffalo take the division the Pats are the team to beat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: pats are retaining former players and locking up others.when are they gonna sign players to improve the team? : The Pats won the division against a strong division..... and I will let you tell me why a team that lost their MVP franchise QB for the whole year went 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs......
    Posted by m1021us

at least your admitting the division is strong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Of course the division is strong...NY and Miami have improved.  They were not going to stay bad forever, just like NE is not going to stay bad forever, but the difference is that NE has a great owner and one of the greatest minds in NFL history running this team. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Of course the division is strong...NY and Miami have improved.  They were not going to stay bad forever, just like NE is not going to stay bad forever, but the difference is that NE has a great owner and one of the greatest minds in NFL history running this team. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    I agree.again ive stated the pats have yet to sign players to help the team improve outside the signing of there current players.no red sirens going off here.just a statement.