Pats @ Carolina Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Pats @ Carolina Game Thread

I like Tom and the guys on offense tonight. I hope we get the ball first drive and score.

Pats 31-20

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re: Pats @ Carolina Game Thread

Vereen and Talib make huge differences on both sides of the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Ninkovich just knocked the snot out of Cam Newton!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It will be electric in Charlotte tonight. 

IMHO, I do not think the Panthers will be as ready as they think they are playing the Pats.  This is not the 49'er offense and Kapernick at QB.  I am not saying they will not be confident, but, how many times have we heard players on other teams who have said seeing the Pats on film is a heck of a lot different than playing them on the field?  Brady won't be sitting back there in the pocket holding onto the ball. 

Also, the Pats may be missing Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly on D, but, the players they have do not have to be "name players" to have the ability to make plays.  Who says everyone has to know who they are in order for them to be effective players?  If BB has the confidence to bring them in, there is a reason since he believes they can do the job.

This game will be a cointinuation of the Pats evolving from a young inexperienced team to one that will be a force as the season progresses towards the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ninkovich just knocked the snot out of Cam Newton!

[/QUOTE]

From the future are we??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Emmit Brown has spoken!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will be electric in Charlotte tonight. 

IMHO, I do not think the Panthers will be as ready as they think they are playing the Pats.  This is not the 49'er offense and Kapernick at QB.  I am not saying they will not be confident, but, how many times have we heard players on other teams who have said seeing the Pats on film is a heck of a lot different than playing them on the field?  Brady won't be sitting back there in the pocket holding onto the ball. 

Also, the Pats may be missing Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly on D, but, the players they have do not have to be "name players" to have the ability to make plays.  Who says everyone has to know who they are in order for them to be effective players?  If BB has the confidence to bring them in, there is a reason since he believes they can do the job.

This game will be a cointinuation of the Pats evolving from a young inexperienced team to one that will be a force as the season progresses towards the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I think our D as always will have a good gameplan and the fact weve played Geno Smith, and EJ Manuel who both run option should help with that. With these games its always on the O line. If they cant handle the boys up front, long day for Brady and if he has a slow start it usually lingers. Joshy has to find a way to get Brady comfy early with some easy short throws to loosen up the D and then try to run at them. No way you are gonna run right away. Take the 1st down pass, easy money and loosen them up so you can find the holes in the run game. Have Vareen split out with Ridley in the backfield(something we havent seen but I* would love). It would allow us to open the middle of the field.

So Cam...meh, I am not really worried once BB shows him all those looks. Im worried about the line keeping Brady upright and Joshy not getting pass happy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

I feel like the Panthers will come out too cocky and overconfident tonight, while the Pats will come out with a reserved and confident poise behind Tom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I can not wait!

Getting off work early tonight to watch the pregame. 

Can't believe Rusty isn't going to watch it live.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Who woulda thought the first person to mention that name would be you...

But I digress, this is not my thread, but everyones, lets keep it to football.

For myself, I will be locked in my room alone watching the game sweating perfusely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For myself, I will be locked in my room alone watching the game sweating perfusely.

[/QUOTE]

This is how I watch every game! lol. I have to turn my phone off cuz there is always some fool who didnt get the memo trying to come over my house. Ive always watched the games alone. Cant be around too many folks and Im nervous and smoke a lot of kush during the game to ease my nerves! Feels like we havent played in a month, Im gonna be Amped! Took tommorow off cuz I know I'll be done in the am.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is how I watch every game! lol. I have to turn my phone off cuz there is always some fool who didnt get the memo trying to come over my house. Ive always watched the games alone. Cant be around too many folks and Im nervous and smoke a lot of kush during the game to ease my nerves! Feels like we havent played in a month, Im gonna be Amped! Took tommorow off cuz I know I'll be done in the am.

[/QUOTE]

A bit off-topic, but how's the ganja+stress/adrenaline combination?

I toke up in my free time, and after work/exercise. That said, I always thought that the depersonalization/detachment that reefer provides would interfere with my ability to enjoy the game, and likely not calm my nerves. 

I have a buddy who claims it allows him to enjoy the game more, and really appreciate each and every play by each team, without getting too wound up in the competition. Not sure I'd like that, though.

Anyhow, I digress.

Back to the point... OG, does it help? Would you recommend trying it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

I feel like the Panthers will come out too cocky and overconfident tonight, while the Pats will come out with a reserved and confident poise behind Tom.

[/QUOTE]

In a way, even though the Panthers may come out "cocky and overconfident", that team may feel they have more to prove and play at a much higher level than the Pats.  For them, it is a national stage to prove they are "relevant" this season, an oft said phrase in the Charlotte media.  The Pats are confident and this is another game on the way to the playoffs.   Panthers may be more "live and die" while the Pats know there is another game to get to after this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I toke up in my free time, and after work/exercise. That said, I always thought that the depersonalization/detachment that reefer provides would interfere with my ability to enjoy the game, and likely not calm my nerves. 

I have a buddy who claims it allows him to enjoy the game more, and really appreciate each and every play by each team, without getting too wound up in the competition. Not sure I'd like that, though.

Anyhow, I digress.

[/QUOTE]

Works great for me! I cant speak for anyone else. I do focus more on things and keeps from me from having a nervous breakdown. I used to try to drink AND smoke and then the TV started watching me so I may just have a beer now and thats it. Im getting old. Yea I would def. try it as long as you dont get too stoned u cant stay awake but a Monday NIghter?!  Not likely. Good Luck and Happy Toking!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol....doesn't that just make u have munchies and paranoid instead? 

[/QUOTE]

Yes to munchies buts whats wrong with that? Cook up some nice treats and enjoy. Paranoid?? Not really cuz Im at home, whats to be noid about?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyhow, I digress.

[/QUOTE]

I am not a big fan of it because I find that I can't enjoy the buzz as much. I am far too into the game.

I am chuckling at the haze in Shizzles's basement with the kids running around asking where Daddy is.

bwahaha

[/QUOTE]

Well thats the perk of being a good husband. Wy Wife lets me enjoy my 3 hours with no interuptions from outside sources. I make sure to get my chores done early ya know. Yesterday I was up sweeping and mopping all the floors in the house JUST so I dont have to hear any chit tonight and can enjoy the game in peace. If not, my wife wont bother trying to keep them out!  lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyhow, I digress.

[/QUOTE]

I am not a big fan of it because I find that I can't enjoy the buzz as much. I am far too into the game.

I am chuckling at the haze in Shizzles's basement with the kids running around asking where Daddy is.

bwahaha

[/QUOTE]

Well thats the perk of being a good husband. Wy Wife lets me enjoy my 3 hours with no interuptions from outside sources. I make sure to get my chores done early ya know. Yesterday I was up sweeping and mopping all the floors in the house JUST so I dont have to hear any chit tonight and can enjoy the game in peace. If not, my wife wont bother trying to keep them out!  lol

[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't know anything about that.  LMAO!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyhow, I digress.

[/QUOTE]

Works great for me! I cant speak for anyone else. I do focus more on things and keeps from me from having a nervous breakdown. I used to try to drink AND smoke and then the TV started watching me so I may just have a beer now and thats it. Im getting old. Yea I would def. try it as long as you dont get too stoned u cant stay awake but a Monday NIghter?!  Not likely. Good Luck and Happy Toking!

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

This is the Shizzles I like right there . The normal, happy go lucky Shizzly who is honest and not passive aggressive.

One question: Why would you have a nervous breakdown over a PAts game?

PErsonally, after seeing our team win 3 SBs be in many others, the way I watch games now has dramatically changed through the years.

[/QUOTE]

Im def. more calm now. A few years back I said I was just going to be a casual fan cuz but I keep getting s*cked in every year. When I had sunday ticket it made it easier but now I just watch the redzone channel cuz I cant stay in the mancave that long.  Im just nervous about the outcome of the game. I like close games but I need helping watching them some times! lol -  I am enjoying this year more than 07' tho'. Thats the truth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Dang Rusty my little "zing" at TFB for being the first person to mention you went unnoticed apparently. Don't spark the fire anymore by mentioning him in your posts! He's not worth it. People will wisen up Harvey, leave him out of your posts and let him keep mentioning you. People will catch on.. hopefully.

Back to football. AND the ganja.

Being a college kid I feel like I probably abuse the herb. But what can I say, it really affects my thought process and overall mood. I prefer the bong except not the usual glass bong. I lovd Gravity Bongs. Look them up, they do the trick better then anything I've tried other then "dabbing" or hash oil.

Enough of illegal drug talk. 

I will be in my room packing GB after GB by myself, screaming, yelling, and sweating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Offensive game plan for this evenings contest is keep it simple stupid! Slants, Bubble screens, seam routes and bombs to Dobson! Run in the first and 4rth quarters pass like crazy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. On defense contain Cam! Hold the edge at the point of attack which should negate most of the Panther running game, barring Tolbert in the Red Zone as he's a between the tackle runner. Smith might as well stay in the locker room as his defender is named Talib.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

I like Tom and the guys on offense tonight. I hope we get the ball first drive and score.

Pats 31-20

[/QUOTE]

with all due respect if Rocky dont start it, its not the official game thread. (unless he hasn't started one 30 mins prior to KO)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

with all due respect i dont care what you have to say quagmire, 

remember, i said with all due respect so clearly i cant disrespect you right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Dang Rusty my little "zing" at TFB for being the first person to mention you went unnoticed apparently. Don't spark the fire anymore by mentioning him in your posts! He's not worth it. People will wisen up Harvey, leave him out of your posts and let him keep mentioning you. People will catch on.. hopefully.

Back to football. AND the ganja.

Being a college kid I feel like I probably abuse the herb. But what can I say, it really affects my thought process and overall mood. I prefer the bong except not the usual glass bong. I lovd Gravity Bongs. Look them up, they do the trick better then anything I've tried other then "dabbing" or hash oil.

Enough of illegal drug talk. 

I will be in my room packing GB after GB by myself, screaming, yelling, and sweating.

[/QUOTE]

gravity bongs are dank. nuff said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Juniors in HS shouldnt be smoking pot!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Juniors in HS shouldnt be smoking pot!

[/QUOTE]

oops. my bad. it happens. i dont do it on the regular. if opportunity presents itself sure I'm down lol