Pats better have a good plan..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Pats better have a good plan..

A guy drilling holes in the bottom of his boat is "busy" too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots aren't out wasting money on old washed up ballplayers cause they are in a youth movement,of the players they did sign most were their own FA's. They drafted 12 players last year and all 12 are still on the roster and they also signed Hoyer which would make 13 roster spots from last year are occupied by 2nd year players,this year they have 12 more draft choices so in theory they could turn half of their roster over inside of 2 years of drafts. Meanwhile the Jets added a RB with 2,00 miles on his legs,a WR who is in trouble about as often as the sun sets,and a DB who has more Children than he has tenure in the NFL! Wow if you are concerned with high quality guys like these,then you need too get a life.Yes they have name recognition but thats where their value ends....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

LMAO... amen to the p-mike.. I was trying to come up with a similar response when I looked down and saw your post. PERFECTLY DONE...   why are all these fools so taken by what jersey Green are doing. Stockpiling bad news is what it comes down to. Wait till those fools drop to 3-0 or 4-1 and watch the sparks fly. This has grease fire written all over it..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan..:
    LMAO... amen to the p-mike.. I was trying to come up with a similar response when I looked down and saw your post. PERFECTLY DONE...   why are all these fools so taken by what jersey Green are doing. Stockpiling bad news is what it comes down to. Wait till those fools drop to 3-0 or 4-1 and watch the sparks fly. This has grease fire written all over it..
    Posted by justme2

You won't have to wait that long, isn't it the rumor Pats and Jets first home game.  I hope we go there and stump them a new one, first one to scream will be LT and let the dominos fall. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : You won't have to wait that long, isn't it the rumor Pats and Jets first home game.  I hope we go there and stump them a new one, first one to scream will be LT and let the dominos fall. 
    Posted by Pats7393

I agree. Mark your calendars, folks! In my eyes, the Patriots are right where they want to be: under the radar going into the season. Last year, the pundits were saying "the last time Brady was on the field for a full season, they broke every offensive record ever. Expect them to pick up where they left off." Brady was rusty at first, the line didn't block well the first few games (but it did improve after), and we had injuries. This year, especially the first game if it's at the Jets, we'll go in as the underdogs to the Jets. I can just see Brady, Moss and Belihick salivating at that one...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Posted by justme2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Stop already! Some of you are such hypocrites! If the Pats got Santonio Holmes for a 5th round scrap pick you'd be applauding it as another example of BB taking a chance on a malcontent and getting him for a song!
    That's a great move by the Jets in my opinion. The guy is 26 years old on top of it! I also think that if the Pats picked up Cromartie we'd be on board with that too. Why is it when the Pats make moves they're all GREAT and GENIUS by BB but now the Jets do it and it's going to backfire.
    Bottom line is the Jets are taking some chances for minimal risk with some pretty decent talent on an already pretty talented team. This is something the Pats USED to do right??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't know so much about Holmes.  I've got mixed feelings about him.  On Cromartie I don't think it would be happy times here.  There's a reason why San Diego dumped him.  Picking up LT isn't going to help their running game to much.  Very luke warm at best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The Jets are busy trying to sell PSLs, that's about it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Stop already! Some of you are such hypocrites! If the Pats got Santonio Holmes for a 5th round scrap pick you'd be applauding it as another example of BB taking a chance on a malcontent and getting him for a song! That's a great move by the Jets in my opinion. The guy is 26 years old on top of it! I also think that if the Pats picked up Cromartie we'd be on board with that too. Why is it when the Pats make moves they're all GREAT and GENIUS by BB but now the Jets do it and it's going to backfire. Bottom line is the Jets are taking some chances for minimal risk with some pretty decent talent on an already pretty talented team. This is something the Pats USED to do right??
    Posted by smorgan86

Perfecetly stated....

Yah these idiots think patriots have them where they want.. i guarentee you... MOSS is sitting at home like WTH? why didnt we get boldin, holmes, or anyone to help me out... YOU WENT OUT AND GOT PATTEN?... you dropped TE'S to pick up ALGE WHOS ON THE DECLINE!? and as we watch a young JETS TEAM GET FASTER, and COMPLIMENT THERE TEAM patriots look lost?

yup def. got them where they want to... what we have is proving the patriots are even cheaper then expected, UNCAPPED YEAR, LOADED WITH DRAFT PICKS, and we MADE NO MOVES...

could of easily traded and signed players long term boldin/holmes/sproles/olsen and had good enough picks while signing our own FA's and moving forward... but who do we sign? david patten? lol hahahha great guy was a hero 6 years ago he should of retired 3 years ago...

but hey wes welker IR nto cmoing back til  week 6, moss gettin pissed and knows he aint gettin signed, laurence maroney who cant hold onto the ball, 3 aging backs..over 33 compared to a bunch of 22-27 year olds on the jets....

Def HAVE THEM WHERE WE WANT THEM! <please note the sarcasm for some of you fools />

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

I don't know so much about Holmes.  I've got mixed feelings about him.  On Cromartie I don't think it would be happy times here.  There's a reason why San Diego dumped him.  Picking up LT isn't going to help their running game to much.  Very luke warm at best.
    Posted by garytx

Cromartie and Holmes will never win a man-of-the-year award. Cromartie has 7 children in 5 states and like Holmes is an immature me first clubhouse cancer. BTW, Cromartie, Holmes and Revis are all FA's at the end of the 2010 season. The Jokes are going for it all in 2010 as there may not be football in 2011.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : Cromartie and Holmes will never win a man-of-the-year award. Cromartie has 7 children in 5 states and like Holmes is an immature me first clubhouse cancer. BTW, Cromartie, Holmes and Revis are all FA's at the end of the 2010 season. The Jokes are going for it all in 2010 as there may not be football in 2011.  
    Posted by MarylandFan

Last time i check... every team goes for it... EVERYYEAR they just dont say oh we are just gonna play this year out... and hope for the best, but this year... DEF. this year we are gonna try super hard to go for it, unlike the years before... where we were just playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

A guy drilling holes in the bottom of his boat is "busy" too.
    Posted by p-mike

LMAO...funny, funny.

Actually, I kind of agree with the original poster. Regardless of whether the off-season acquisitions are real or not - I'm hoping the Patriots "step up" from top on down.

If the Jets' moves get Kraft and BB to improve the team personnel-wise sooner rather than later - isn't that a good thing?

If the on-field competition; especially from a division rival - gets better - and motivates the Patriot players to perform better on the field - then that's a good thing, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Maybe their plan includes not overreacting to the moves of their rivals by gobbling up "big names" in the FA market.  Maybe their plan is to stockpile and use their picks to build through the draft.  I'm not so sure their perceived "inaction" is not part of an overall larger plan.  Just saying.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from creiner812. Show creiner812's posts

Flash, just in!  In a suprise news conference BB announced that he still beleives in quantity over quality and has just finalized a 31 team trade that gives up all of the Pat's early draft choices in return for securing all of the 7th round picks.   In order to make the mega trade work he traded Brady, Moss, Welker and Mayo for an undisclosed number of next years undrafted free agents.  To mollify NE fans he reminded them that Welker was undrafted, Moss was aquired for a 4th round pick and Brady only rated the 299th pick in the draft.  He had no explaintion for Mayo's being included in the mega deal.  He ended by reminding the audience of his prior success in Cleveland.  Meanwhile our investigative reporter caught up with Robert Kraft who refused to answer questions saying only that he was in a hurry and had to get to make a deposit before the Bank closed.   Running backs, outside linebackers, corner backs and cheerleaders remain unchanged and  it is learned that Las Vegas has just installed the Pats as prohibative favorites to win it all.

F

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

YOUR RIGHT !!!!! Rex Ryan is a football GOD !!!!!!!!!! he does everything right. Every malcontent he brings in will be at the probowl. How in the heck did we ever get saddled with that moron BB. He wouldn't know a football if Bledsoe, Milloy or Law threw one in his face.. Did I mention Asante Samuels????? Seiously.... BB needs to get a clue. I have a feeling its buried onder 3 SuperBowl trophies...   

jets jets jets... I'm with you guys now.. BB won't fool me again.. Look at what Gang Green has accomplished. I can't believe I was so blind.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

YOUR RIGHT !!!!! Rex Ryan is a football GOD !!!!!!!!!! he does everything right. Every malcontent he brings in will be at the probowl. How in the heck did we ever get saddled with that moron BB. He wouldn't know a football if Bledsoe, Milloy or Law threw one in his face.. Did I mention Asante Samuels????? Seiously.... BB needs to get a clue. I have a feeling its buried onder 3 SuperBowl trophies...    jets jets jets... I'm with you guys now.. BB won't fool me again.. Look at what Gang Green has accomplished. I can't believe I was so blind.. 
    Posted by justme2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : Perfecetly stated.... Yah these idiots think patriots have them where they want.. i guarentee you... MOSS is sitting at home like WTH? why didnt we get boldin, holmes, or anyone to help me out... YOU WENT OUT AND GOT PATTEN?... you dropped TE'S to pick up ALGE WHOS ON THE DECLINE!? and as we watch a young JETS TEAM GET FASTER, and COMPLIMENT THERE TEAM patriots look lost? yup def. got them where they want to... what we have is proving the patriots are even cheaper then expected, UNCAPPED YEAR, LOADED WITH DRAFT PICKS, and we MADE NO MOVES... could of easily traded and signed players long term boldin/holmes/sproles/olsen and had good enough picks while signing our own FA's and moving forward... but who do we sign? david patten? lol hahahha great guy was a hero 6 years ago he should of retired 3 years ago... but hey wes welker IR nto cmoing back til  week 6, moss gettin pissed and knows he aint gettin signed, laurence maroney who cant hold onto the ball, 3 aging backs..over 33 compared to a bunch of 22-27 year olds on the jets.... Def HAVE THEM WHERE WE WANT THEM! <please note the sarcasm for some of you fools />
    Posted by clarkeyj1

I have bolded all of your incorrect ASSumptions.....Football 101 is recommended for you.....

Sign off, take the course and come back to talk to us....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

YOUR RIGHT !!!!! Rex Ryan is a football GOD !!!!!!!!!! he does everything right. Every malcontent he brings in will be at the probowl. How in the heck did we ever get saddled with that moron BB. He wouldn't know a football if Bledsoe, Milloy or Law threw one in his face.. Did I mention Asante Samuels????? Seiously.... BB needs to get a clue. I have a feeling its buried onder 3 SuperBowl trophies...    jets jets jets... I'm with you guys now.. BB won't fool me again.. Look at what Gang Green has accomplished. I can't believe I was so blind.. 
    Posted by justme2

You're blind to the fact that the Patriots have done NOTHING this offseason to improve the team. Resigning what we already had is not improvement by the way. What will you say when the Patriots pull their usual draft day vanishing act out of the first round when they have picks and players to use as leverage to get what they need? Oh, right, the argument will be "it's not a deep draft". Better off in the later rounds. I'm not looking for big name FA;s here at all. My original point was that if your going to be SILENT until the draft then wouldn't you think they would be active during the draft?? Trading out to stockpile more picks isn't going to cut it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Maybe their plan includes not overreacting to the moves of their rivals by gobbling up "big names" in the FA market.  Maybe their plan is to stockpile and use their picks to build through the draft.  I'm not so sure their perceived "inaction" is not part of an overall larger plan.  Just saying.  
    Posted by BrooklineRob

That is just part of the plan.....there is how much more time in free agency left?  Many teams will be dropping players and there is plenty of time to make trades.

You would think that these pink hat babies who keep crying that we are not doing anything would wait until atleast AFTER the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : Last time i check... every team goes for it... EVERYYEAR they just dont say oh we are just gonna play this year out... and hope for the best, but this year... DEF. this year we are gonna try super hard to go for it, unlike the years before... where we were just playing.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

So how does that work for the RedSkins every year that they "Go For it"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Yet another assumption smorgan86?  Every year is different.  At least wait until after the draft before going nuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

This thread is sad and not even worth commenting on.  Some people here should become jets fans and leave the real fans alone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

You're blind to the fact that the Patriots have done NOTHING this offseason to improve the team. Resigning what we already had is not improvement by the way. What will you say when the Patriots pull their usual draft day vanishing act out of the first round when they have picks and players to use as leverage to get what they need? Oh, right, the argument will be "it's not a deep draft". Better off in the later rounds. I'm not looking for big name FA;s here at all. My original point was that if your going to be SILENT until the draft then wouldn't you think they would be active during the draft?? Trading out to stockpile more picks isn't going to cut it!

Since when is coveting the guys on your roster not a good move.. thats all I hear from you.. "Just make moves.. doesn't matter if their are good move.. Just so long as people are impressed with your moves" OHH yes... Don't save picks for use when you can get better value for them .. Use all your picks at once.. the quicker you get rid of them the better..  Why don't you go root for the Jets or Raiders. The Skins like to be splashy. maybe there's room for you on their bandwagon..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : I have bolded all of your incorrect ASSumptions.....Football 101 is r ecommended for you.....   Sign off, take the course and come back to talk to us....
    Posted by m1021us

OK so you bolded that alge crumpler isnt on the decline? first off the guy looks like a lineman -
    http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/APImage/2010/01-January/dad834baffcb419e8877d80a8489790b--nfl_large_580_Unlimited.jpg

Compare him to 76... and if you think hes going to turn maroney into CJ? you are dead wrong, is he an improvemnt over cb and watson yes for blocking only.   HES HE ON THE DECLINE YES, his stats, 222 and 257 440 recieving last three years why? cus he weighs in at 300 lbs!!!

Brady has who to throw to? MOSS whos going to get doubled over and over with eldelman and tate opposite? with crumpler breaking off? give me a break get realistic for a second, with teams knowing we pass because our Running is horrible no one iss going to bite on the PA, we are going to get hammered. 

You then BOLDED OUt that we couldnt of signed boldin? or HOLMES for cheap? first off BOLDIN WAS traded for a 3rd and a fifth if i recall and then SIGNED FOR LESS THEN WAHT NATE WASHINGTON Is getting! SECOND HOLMES Was just picked up for a fifth rounder.  HOW IS THAT NOT CHEAP.. pretty much was rape on the part of jets and ravens.

THEN YOU BOLD MOSS is NOT PISSEd? BS, im sorry but i guarentee you he is pissed, I KNOW FOR SURE HE is probably like listen i came here to win a championship regardless i took a pay cut came here to win a SB, NOW WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT, already said they were cheap, least bring in some help get this done, im gettin old pay me i proved myself i helped you out now help me out, on both ends, tom wes and I can only do so much.

and you are a complete moron if you do not think maroney has a fumbling problem.... right there you obviously have no clue football 101, go to barnes and nobles find the tallest bookcase pick up what every true Patriots fan has its called MOVING THE CHAINS TOM BRADY and tHE PURSUIT OF EVERYTHING read it... and then just JUMP head first for being a moron and hope u dont survive to embarrass yourself another day.