Pats biggest problem is........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Pats biggest problem is........

The offensive line---- period. Our defensive is young and vastly improved----I predict it will be our strentgh in the next 3-5 years, (although Vince will have to be replaced). Ridley will improve and be a solid back getting better each year. I know our line is young with Solder playing left tackle for his first season and Cannons first year after beating cancer and then a new center and guard who I believe were on the practice squad. But what worries me is Brady has maybe 3-4 more years left and with Volmers bad back and Cannons possible Cancer remission and Connollys concussion problems----we could be in trouble, The Pats need to draft some stud offensive lineman in next years draft or Brady might not be playing by the end of season 2013!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Pats biggest problem is........

It's fans; entitled, spoiled, whiny bunch of moaners who nitpick every move and think their team should have All Pro's sitting at every position along the bench.

Every new post is about how horrible the Pats are at any position, how if so and so gets hurt; what then?!  

Geez! Nut up already, do you realize how many of the 32 teams didn't have an Aaron Hernandez to lose in the first place, they wish they had our problems.  Frankly this is the most promising team we've had since 2007.  A commitment to the run, an exciting, young, attacking defense, can we stop being such a bunch of whiners?

Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

O Line misses Light and Waters, but man, the sky ain't falling. They looked great run-blocking for Ridley for six quarters and they've only played 8 quarters.  The D has potential to be as good as it has been in about 5 years (2004?). Talking points about the game; Pats D needs to slow no huddle (jam guys at the line, pass rush, collapse pocket). O needs some balance and unless the Ravens put 8 in the box (always a possibility) the Pats O should be able to run effectively. I look for Brady to throw some hitches and slants to feel out the Ravens D. This Ravens D is not as dominant as it once was, but they're still good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Pats biggest problem is........it's fanbase.

I never understood fans who look solely at the negatives. With this schedule, even if the Pats start 1-2, the playoffs are in the bag.

Come December and there's no improvement, that's when it will be time to panic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The defense, while improved, still doesn't get consistent pressure on opposing QBs by rushing 4. This exposes mediocre cornerbacks who never seem able to turn back and look for the ball. As for the offense, if the OLine can keep Brady upright and give him time we will be fine. Pressure and protection is what it's all about!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The defense, while improved, still doesn't get consistent pressure on opposing QBs by rushing 4. This exposes mediocre cornerbacks who never seem able to turn back and look for the ball. As for the offense, if the OLine can keep Brady upright and give him time we will be fine. Pressure and protection is what it's all about!

[/QUOTE]

Was not the strategy first game, stopping the run was.

Last game plenty of pressure, holding should have been called a lot more.

I think the D front 7 are among the best in league this year, including being able to put pressure on.

But I agree the CB's are still weak but are looking slightly better this year.  A good QB will show us where they are really at.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

O-line, CB's, and fans who whine about fans who don't drink the Kool-Aid

The first 2 should improve as the year goes on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats biggest problem is........it's fanbase.

I never understood fans who look solely at the negatives. With this schedule, even if the Pats start 1-2, the playoffs are in the bag.

Come December and there's no improvement, that's when it will be time to panic.

[/QUOTE]

When did objective criticism become negative---get a life bozo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If you're jumping off the bridge about the Patriots O-Line, it's a good thing you're not a Packers fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They've had a couple of close games that they lost. they easily could have won both of those games too. Arizona and Baltimore are both very good teams. I'd expect the Patriots to improve as the season goes on. It may not be fun to watch them lose a couple of games now but when they are peaking in the playoffs we will all forget about september.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you're jumping off the bridge about the Patriots O-Line, it's a good thing you're not a Packers fan.

[/QUOTE]

Who said I was jumping off the bridge?  Read the post--I stated it's their biggest problem'weakness!!!!!  It's ok to inject something into someones post that was not said--but it still doesn't make it correct?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

There are some here who swill kool-aid while wearing a large pair of rose colored glasses.

The concept of breaking down the good, the bad and the ugly of each game is foreign to them.

And to be clear I have no issue with those who can only function as a homer, and that is absolutely their right.

What I can't stand is when they preach that those that look at the sum of the Patriots work are whiners, trolls and the like and that only they are uniquely qualified to speak of the Patriots efforts.

What makes sports tick for many, what fires up the juices, is all that comes with sports, the good, the bad, the ugly and yes analyzing everything, from drafts, camps, preseason and regular season.

My guess is those that simply want to be strict, un objective homers, are on the low age side.

And that's fine but riddle me this, what is it you want from this site? Homers only? Kool Aid drinkers only?

As long as all points of view are done in a give or take manner what rule of blogging is being broken?

What is it with those who complain about the context of what's being posted while their own posts are filled with insults and become perfect metaphors for what they are supposedly against??

I really don't get it. Maybe it's a generation gap but perhaps those with the ability to see both sides of the ball could enlighten this 59 year old fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who said I was jumping off the bridge?  Read the post--I stated it's their biggest problem'weakness!!!!!  It's ok to inject something into someones post that was not said--but it still doesn't make it correct?

[/QUOTE]

The problem is you can't come here and have constructive criticism, you'll be labeled a troll. There are a few people that run around here policing the board who I'm sure wake up every morning and crap a Patriot's football helmet right after their morning coffee. This place is a microcosim of the fan base - the rest of the world may think the secondary has major problems or the line needs help, but not here. Once you realize this and take a large gulp of kool aid, you'll be fine.