PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL

In Response to PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL:
    [QUOTE]spin it any which way you like, the Welker screw job says it all, both the fanchise tag and especially the lower offer after he signs! really, i'm glad he didn't catch that ball in the sb b/c bb and kraft don't deserve the lombardi...hope he leaves after this year and returns to beat you guys out rooting for bb and kraft strikes me at times as rooting for an ice cube...certainly glad i don't
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Reports are he got the lower offer BEFORE he signed, not after.
    Annnndddd.  I know it sucks but this is not MLB.  There's only so much $$$$ to go around.
    I think he should be paid but you have to consider the teams financial stability now and in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]spin it any which way you like, the Welker screw job says it all, both the fanchise tag and especially the lower offer after he signs! really, i'm glad he didn't catch that ball in the sb b/c bb and kraft don't deserve the lombardi...hope he leaves after this year and returns to beat you guys out rooting for bb and kraft strikes me at times as rooting for an ice cube...certainly glad i don't

get your facts straight. Reports are he got the lower offer BEFORE he signed, not after.

he would get less money elswhere. and if he ends up leaving NE, I'm sure BB will make sure it's to seattle or cleveland types.

bottom line, don't play poker with BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

They've low-balled him, I agree.  But "loyal" means nothing in a professional sport..."Loyalty" is how you get a roster with over the hill vets who can't run anymore.  Should the Giants still be employing LT?  That's not very "loyal" of them ya know....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL:
    [QUOTE]Sounds great.   Marion Manningham, Osi Umenyiora and many others
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Jintsfan just got owned. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't understand why a party turns down an offer and then is surprised when the offer changes later.  The Pats are/were under no obligation to keep the original offer on the table forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yes i guess the most successful sports franchise in the world for the last decade is wrong again. Troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

So Jints, how many $10 million players do you have on your team?
    See how it works?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]So Jints, how many $10 million players do you have on your team? See how it works?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Good burn digger

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If this were August and the training camps are right around the corner and Wes does not have a deal, maybe.  It is MAY!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In response to "Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL : Yup, BB he is no Rex Ryan. Man I hope someday the Pat's can aspire to the heights the Jet franchised has risen to over their storied history. BB could never reach the heights of guaranteeing 3 SB wins no less in a row. I think Kraft should fire BB immediately and call Woody Johnson and orchestrate a trade for Rex Ryan... say all of their number 1's this decade for the most decorated delusional coach this league has ever seen. Posted by jri37[/QUOTE] Ouch....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Strikes me that the $9.5 million franchise salary is pretty generous actually.  Plus, the Pats have left Welker in a pretty good position for next year, when he can test the market as a completely unrestricted free agent or (if the Pats want him) play under a second tag for about $11.5 million.  As long as Welker has a good year this year, he should end up in pretty good shape financially.  Sure, the Pats could have given him a bigger long-term deal with a big signing bonus (and that would have been truly generous), but that just doesn't seem like a sensible move for a 30+ year old slot receiver.  The franchise tag arrangement is one no one should be too unhappy with.  Not ideal for anyone maybe, but also not all that bad for either party. 

I think Welker will be a big part of this offense this year . . . and next year, the Pats may very well draft a WR or two for the future.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

As I saw this thread.....I thought you were joking!  Welcome to the world of professional sports.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Some teams understand the salary cap, others do not.

Pats do, Jets don't.Money mouth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds great.   Marion Manningham, Osi Umenyiora and many others
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Nice!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Good so why don't you take your a.. to a giants fan forum, nobody here cares about the giants. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Just another patsie who thought that BB would be as loyal as they were.  
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Lol, hiliarious that you refer to the team that owns the jets as patsies. The jets totally blow, don't make the playoffs and will most likely finish last place next season and you spend all day putting down the greatest team in all of professional sports.. comedy... seek help pervert.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Go away

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL : Jintsfan just got owned. 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
      I'm glad I am not a Giants fan. I would have to spend all day on the Patriots board to get any satisfaction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Welker received what he deserved. When the player as the advantage don't fool yourself, they try and stick it to the team their contract just ended with. If the the Franchise Player was not available and the Patriots needed an excellent slot receiver, Welker would have likely recieved a fantastic contract. If Welker does not like the franchise offer, he can still sit out the season and not receive any compensation. I can offer Wes a part time job for $7.25/hr.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Welker is being treated fairly.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jints....How many Cal Ripken Jr's are left in professional sports?  Sadly that is the way professional sports is.....It is all about the money for the organizations and for the players....You can't blame either one....