Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.

yes, even playing a subpar game NE very well could have won last sundays` game in NY. now with the J-E-T-S and their fans are feeling no pain the last few days it doesn`t seem like NE had any chance at all, but consider this...even if NE played the type of game that they played, given just a few small changes, they very well still could have won that game. #1. remember the 4 and 1 on the opening drive when BB decided not to go for it? goskowski ended up shanking his second attempt right, but maybe BB should have 'gone for it' on 4th down afterall. why not? they just drove about 60 yds, like a hot knife going through butter. my guess IS, if belichick went for it we quite likely would have lead 21-7 before the jets field goal at halftime, which should not have happened. that pre-half time FG was created solely by a useless tully banta-cain penalty. no penalty...no FG. on another occasion during a 3rd quarter drive, brady tried to force the ball to randy moss, but aaron hernandez was wide open downfield and likely could have scored a TD had brady picked him up as he usually does. go ahead and add 7 more points. the score is now 28-14 pats. i`ll give the jets that long drive which resutled in another TD.  anyway, that long drive was also aided big-time by giving the Jets good field position, when kyle Arrington needlessly clipped the punt returner.remember? how that affected how many points sanchez was then able to put up then is anyone`s guess. my guess is that it didn`t help NE and possibly gave NY 4 more points than they would have gotten had they started that drive DEEP in NE territory. now well into the 4th quarter, brady under threw gronkowski, remember? but had alge crumpler as well as hernandez deep downfield, BOTH WIDE OPEN again. Phil Simms seemed to believe that the Pats missed another golden opportunity to put another 7 points up on the board. i`ll go ahead and do that math for arguments sake. lets see..28+ 7=35. did i subtract those other 4 points which Arrington helped them score?  14+3=17 maybe NY squeezes out another TD in garbage time, making the final score 35-24 New England. [in all probablility, sanchez would have like brady did, forced a few long passes, which would have ended up as INTS.] be that as it may, let me summarize. #1. if banta-cain and arrington do not cause those two dumb penalties, and #2. if belichick actually did the samrt thing and went for it on 4th and 1 in that opening drive, and if #3. brady decided to look for whoever was open instead of only Moss, and/or if he found crumpler instead of throwing to gronkowski in traffic, guess what, even if that D stunk it up, and brady still wasn`t his usual self out there, NE still may have won that game 35-24. when i realized that, it helped me understand the potentially GREAT offense that they posess. in other words, that offense is so good, that they ccould possibly have a bad game, and still be able to outscore their oponents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.

Thats a whole lotta "ifs" there buddy.  Watch this especially @ the 5:40 mark.  See our weakest link pancake Mayo.  thing of beauty.  If "if" was a spliff we would all be high.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Playbook-Patriots-vs-Jets-Recap/4f0e1b66-ee6c-45c4-aadb-44c1d66f66ff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For those of you who missed it last time:

If we had bacon, we could have bacon and eggs . . .

. . .   if we had eggs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol I missed playbook this week thanks troll. Its funny how you can see James Sanders big time woes and the fact the guy cant cover to save his life.

Meriweather needs to start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

for those who missed it Squats2p-mike wore a bag over his head at a game in Foxboro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Pictures or it didn't happen.  Oh....  I forgot, it didn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess if you were the one playing/coaching the game instead of the Pats' players/coaches, we would have won, huh?  20/20 is only nice if you can have a redo.  This game is in the books!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

As much as people complain about the defense against the Jets it's the offense that should have been held accountable.  I expect goofy things to happen against the defense.  The two unexcusable things that I have is the Banta-Cain penalty because he's a vet and the end of the half field goal with seconds left on the clock regardless of the penalty by Banta-Cain.  Then in the 2nd half the offense comes out and falls flat.  That shouldn't have happened.  With the young defense it is to be expected.  Out of a highly experienced offense lead by Brady there is no excuse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how. : not really...they are plays that either should have been made and usually are made..even while playing against the toughest defenses, they usually are made. that early 4 and 1 killed off 7 points Ifrom their total. the banta-cain penalty gave NY a nice half-time pick-me-up...and phil simms was amazed that brady didn`t see hernandez wide open downfield..that`s 7 more points. what i`m saying is. even if they had a very mediocre sub-par game, they still very well could have won the game.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

If I had any sort of offense in week 1 I would be 2-0.  Hey this is kinda fun.  lets try it on the future and not the past.  If I outscore my opponents for the next 14 games I will finish the regular season 15-1.  If I dont lose a game until next year I will be a superbowl champ again!!!  Yes, I like living in the if world!!  Much better than the reality of it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

WeDerrWEDAT....   IF you could just SHUT UP!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]WeDerrWEDAT....   IF you could just SHUT UP!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

He'll go back to the cave Monday morning, after Miami has dispatched his Jests.

And he knows it.  That's why he's getting the dig in now, or at least an attempt at one.

Try as he may, he's no Leon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]my feeling is that when belichick chose not to go for it on 4th down, which i`m not clear why he didn`t, that that changed the game alot. then add to that, banta-cain and brady missing just opne time downfield while he trying to force the ball to moss or gronkowski, and there you have the pats on top. but even more than that, is how sanchez would have responded had the pats lead by 10 more points at halftime. then the only thing brady had to do was to make one or two plays in the second half and NE wins the game. often games that don`t seem very close, only seem lop-sided due to a few plays that then seem almost pre-destined. some minor changes last sunday and NE would have won 31-24.  even with the defense playing so poorly.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]
    So you conjure up 17 pts. to get a victory. You need to score and earn those points there Bozo. The ifs and shoulda, coulda, woulda that you aspire are fictional. Come back to the real world and eat your crow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots had three guys that played terrible:  Butler, Sea Bass and Dan Koppen. 

I'll assume that Butler couldn't play because he was injured, because there's not really anyone in back of Butler.  Butler isn't playing this week.  I never discount an off chance that any player was in on a point shaving system. 

Sea Bass?  I'll have to assume injury.  He plays well otherwise.  He's not really replaceable.  The same goes for Koppen. 

Oddly enough, all the six major rookies plus Tate played their hearts out except for Taylor Price, who is injured.  This list includes Cunningham.  The team is notably improved since last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This should have never been posted... I get the points, but that's what sports are all about.  IF this, that, then... they lost. A win's a win, and a loss is a loss. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

could've should've ifs were words that i heard a lot of over years before the sox won the ws.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mackleng13. Show Mackleng13's posts

In Response to Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.:
    [QUOTE] yes, even playing a subpar game NE very well could have won last sundays` game in NY. now with the J-E-T-S and their fans are feeling no pain the last few days it doesn`t seem like NE had any chance at all, but consider this...even if NE played the type of game that they played, given just a few small changes, they very well still could have won that game. #1. remember the 4 and 1 on the opening drive when BB decided not to go for it? goskowski ended up shanking his second attempt right, but maybe BB should have 'gone for it' on 4th down afterall. why not? they just drove about 60 yds, like a hot knife going through butter. my guess IS, if belichick went for it we quite likely would have lead 21-7 before the jets field goal at halftime, which should not have happened. that pre-half time FG was created solely by a useless tully banta-cain penalty. no penalty...no FG. on another occasion during a 3rd quarter drive, brady tried to force the ball to randy moss, but aaron hernandez was wide open downfield and likely could have scored a TD had brady picked him up as he usually does. go ahead and add 7 more points. the score is now 28-14 pats. i`ll give the jets that long drive which resutled in another TD.  anyway, that long drive was also aided big-time by giving the Jets good field position, when kyle Arrington needlessly clipped the punt returner.remember? how that affected how many points sanchez was then able to put up then is anyone`s guess. my guess is that it didn`t help NE and possibly gave NY 4 more points than they would have gotten had they started that drive DEEP in NE territory. now well into the 4th quarter, brady under threw gronkowski, remember? but had alge crumpler as well as hernandez deep downfield, BOTH WIDE OPEN again. Phil Simms seemed to believe that the Pats missed another golden opportunity to put another 7 points up on the board. i`ll go ahead and do that math for arguments sake. lets see..28+ 7=35. did i subtract those other 4 points which Arrington helped them score?  14+3=17 maybe NY squeezes out another TD in garbage time, making the final score 35-24 New England. [in all probablility, sanchez would have like brady did, forced a few long passes, which would have ended up as INTS.] be that as it may, let me summarize. #1. if banta-cain and arrington do not cause those two dumb penalties, and #2. if belichick actually did the samrt thing and went for it on 4th and 1 in that opening drive, and if #3. brady decided to look for whoever was open instead of only Moss, and/or if he found crumpler instead of throwing to gronkowski in traffic, guess what, even if that D stunk it up, and brady still wasn`t his usual self out there, NE still may have won that game 35-24. when i realized that, it helped me understand the potentially GREAT offense that they posess. in other words, that offense is so good, that they ccould possibly have a bad game, and still be able to outscore their oponents.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how.:
    [QUOTE] yes, even playing a subpar game NE very well could have won last sundays` game in NY. now with the J-E-T-S and their fans are feeling no pain the last few days it doesn`t seem like NE had any chance at all, but consider this...even if NE played the type of game that they played, given just a few small changes, they very well still could have won that game. #1. remember the 4 and 1 on the opening drive when BB decided not to go for it? goskowski ended up shanking his second attempt right, but maybe BB should have 'gone for it' on 4th down afterall. why not? they just drove about 60 yds, like a hot knife going through butter. my guess IS, if belichick went for it we quite likely would have lead 21-7 before the jets field goal at halftime, which should not have happened. that pre-half time FG was created solely by a useless tully banta-cain penalty. no penalty...no FG. on another occasion during a 3rd quarter drive, brady tried to force the ball to randy moss, but aaron hernandez was wide open downfield and likely could have scored a TD had brady picked him up as he usually does. go ahead and add 7 more points. the score is now 28-14 pats. i`ll give the jets that long drive which resutled in another TD.  anyway, that long drive was also aided big-time by giving the Jets good field position, when kyle Arrington needlessly clipped the punt returner.remember? how that affected how many points sanchez was then able to put up then is anyone`s guess. my guess is that it didn`t help NE and possibly gave NY 4 more points than they would have gotten had they started that drive DEEP in NE territory. now well into the 4th quarter, brady under threw gronkowski, remember? but had alge crumpler as well as hernandez deep downfield, BOTH WIDE OPEN again. Phil Simms seemed to believe that the Pats missed another golden opportunity to put another 7 points up on the board. i`ll go ahead and do that math for arguments sake. lets see..28+ 7=35. did i subtract those other 4 points which Arrington helped them score?  14+3=17 maybe NY squeezes out another TD in garbage time, making the final score 35-24 New England. [in all probablility, sanchez would have like brady did, forced a few long passes, which would have ended up as INTS.] be that as it may, let me summarize. #1. if banta-cain and arrington do not cause those two dumb penalties, and #2. if belichick actually did the samrt thing and went for it on 4th and 1 in that opening drive, and if #3. brady decided to look for whoever was open instead of only Moss, and/or if he found crumpler instead of throwing to gronkowski in traffic, guess what, even if that D stunk it up, and brady still wasn`t his usual self out there, NE still may have won that game 35-24. when i realized that, it helped me understand the potentially GREAT offense that they posess. in other words, that offense is so good, that they ccould possibly have a bad game, and still be able to outscore their oponents.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]
    Oh golly gee....and the world could be so pretty and sweet if people were just nice.   Hey Dude, wake up from Wonderland and What-if Land!
    THEY LOST STUPID!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You haven't gotten over last week's game yet? This has really been eating at you huh? You need to get out more. 

p.s. if if if if if if if if......

p.s. we got beat, it happens. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how. : He'll go back to the cave Monday morning, after Miami has dispatched his Jests. And he knows it.  That's why he's getting the dig in now, or at least an attempt at one. Try as he may, he's no Leon.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

There, there soups.  I know you have some misdirected anger at me for the sawks being irrelevent.  That must hurt wicked haahd. Dont post on that forum much anymore, you a fairweather fan?  I'll be here keeping the real pats fans honest. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats could have won 35-24 vs. Jets. here`s how. : There, there soups.  I know you have some misdirected anger at me for the sawks being irrelevent.  That must hurt wicked haahd. Dont post on that forum much anymore, you a fairweather fan?  I'll be here keeping the real pats fans honest. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

It looks like the Sox are affecting the potential AL East winner. Sure, they aren't likely to get in, but they can help put the Yankees into the slightly less advantageous position of being the WC.