Pats cut dowling..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Pats cut dowling..

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone..

what a bust..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Pats cut dowling..

One of BB's most pitiful draft picks, among far too many.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He'll be missed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dang it!  I had high hopes year after year for this guy.  If he could only stay healthy!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

[QUOTE]

Look at queenie lashing out because his hero made a bad pick.

A lot better than the Jets 2011 draft! loL!

I don't expect any GM to hit on every pick in the draft every year. It doesn't exist. It's called being rational.

Players who get injured, kept getting injured have a stunted growth in this league. Happens all the time.

[/QUOTE]

That's your response to everything. I very rarely bring up the Jets because I really don't give a flying you know what about them unlike you, Brady basher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He was never around anyway so the team isn't going to suffer. Bad picks happen. 

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

At my company....if you do well, you are told, you did well.

If you do poorly, you are told, you did poorly..

Life is like that....football...is a business, so they say, so life is to football as business is to life.

Dowling had injury issues when drafted...you hope he was over it...he wasn't.

It truly hurts your team when guys that should have been 10 year starters don't make it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Now watch him shine on another team medical staff..!! Time to move on..nothing to see here..

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I mean, really, a small loss...he never played. regardless of how well he played when he was healthy, which was like, NEVER..

Why wasn't it Ras-I driving drunk in Nebraska?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

I mean, really, a small loss...

A bust at #33 isn't a small loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I didn't like the pick because of his injury history and still don't like it today for the same reason. Such a wasted pick that could have been used so much better

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I guess Tebow is worth more than BB's #33 overall from just two drafts ago.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

disappointed!

granted he was not on the field much. When he was, he looked good...

crap!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I mean, really, a small loss...

A bust at #33 isn't a small loss.

[/QUOTE]

And a steal in the 7th rd is a steal in the 7th rd.

[/QUOTE]

Dennard was available in the 7th round because of off field issues, and now he has a court hearing scheduled two days for the regular season opener. Clearly, his off-field issues have not gone away. It is not like the found a diamond in the rough in the 7th round. They took a flyer on a player other teams did not want to touch.

Also, in addition to being injured for most of the this preseason and (so far) being behind Arrington on the depth chart because of that. It is a little early to label him a steal. The kid has six regular season starts and twelve NFL games (counting the playoffs) on his resume. Remember what we though of Butler and McCourty after their rookies year.

He needs to step up in year two and build on last years performance. Plus he needs to stay out of the courtroom for an extended period. Even then I do not think he would ever be considered a steal (he always was believed to have early round talent). He would be a kid who got into trouble, but straightened his stuff out.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I mean, really, a small loss...he never played. regardless of how well he played when he was healthy, which was like, NEVER..

Well, talent, health, whatever, yeah, no loss ... but that's why he was cut.

But when you talk about players who were recently drafted it is a loss of potential. A 33rd overall pick is lost. And NE is hung with more salary cap limitations for the next two years. Between him and Hernandez, that will be $9 million in wasted cap space in 2014. 

A lost high selection and cap space is a hit.

When NE doesn't have money to sign one of their productive vets, like another year for Talib perhaps or re-upping DMC maybe, or a promising free agent next season ... it is a hit. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

whelp now I know why instead of signing an extra starter quality player in the offseason they held on to $10mil this far. Because of the cap hit cutting players like Ras is going to cost (doh). So someone who thought I was over reacting care to tell me again why we didn't sign another starting quality CB that went for under $5mil for a single year like the ones on the market again?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Well, talent, health, whatever, yeah, no loss ... but that's why he was cut.

But when you talk about players who were recently drafted it is a loss of potential. A 33rd overall pick is lost. And NE is hung with more salary cap limitations for the next two years. Between him and Hernandez, that will be $9 million in wasted cap space in 2014. 

A lost high selection and cap space is a hit.

When NE doesn't have money to sign one of their productive vets, like another year for Talib perhaps or re-upping DMC maybe, or a promising free agent next season ... it is a hit. 

Oh, they'll have the money. It's already been budgeted for.   This is what you and the others who struggle with BB's approach and economics don't get.

Dennard, maybe a Logan Ryan developing, Talib knowing this is his best environment for him, is all leverage for BB.

^^Mentally insane. Clinical.

Belichick could of held a press conference today to announce they extended Dowling ten more years for a 120 million and rusty would of called it brilliant.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.