1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Pats cut dowling..

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

I mean, really, a small loss...he never played. regardless of how well he played when he was healthy, which was like, NEVER..

Why wasn't it Ras-I driving drunk in Nebraska?

Well, talent, health, whatever, yeah, no loss ... but that's why he was cut.

But when you talk about players who were recently drafted it is a loss of potential. A 33rd overall pick is lost. And NE is hung with more salary cap limitations for the next two years. Between him and Hernandez, that will be $9 million in wasted cap space in 2014. 

A lost high selection and cap space is a hit.

When NE doesn't have money to sign one of their productive vets, like another year for Talib perhaps or re-upping DMC maybe, or a promising free agent next season ... it is a hit. 

Oh, they'll have the money. It's already been budgeted for.   This is what you and the others who struggle with BB's approach and economics don't get.

Dennard, maybe a Logan Ryan developing, Talib knowing this is his best environment for him, is all leverage for BB.

^^Mentally insane. Clinical.

Belichick could of held a press conference today to announce they extended Dowling ten more years for a 120 million and rusty would of called it brilliant.

That makes no sense, Cupcake.

I have had Dowling of my mock 53 man roster for weeks.

I show BB carrying 5 CBs and 5 Safeties. Dowling is nowhere near the list.

You also have shown ZERO understanding of the salary cap, which is comical at this point. This is a big boy thread. Can you balance a checkbook, Cupcake? Very doubtful.

You once said "I wish BB did what the Jets did from 2009-2012."

YEP 

Ya said it, just about 5 months ago. You want insane? Get a mirror.

Do you even own a car? Seriously?

No one can be as delusional as you regarding the salary cap, football, defense, Tom Brady,
    or football in general. I swear if Belichick ever read any of your "points of view" he would laugh his sweatshirt off...he'd go, "this guy actually thinks Chung was good and that Ocho could play...bawahahahaha!!!". That's what he would say. Verbatim. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Me original post was not meant to insinuate any negativity on any other prior drafts or draft picks. I'm just dissapointed now because I was so happy at the the time of the pick. 

Definitely a epic bust though. With that being said this happens everywhere in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I realized after that there were threads, my bad. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It's old news it was a bad pick.  Still doesn't ruin what was a great draft with Solder, Ridley, Vereen, etc."

First off, you may be surprised that I agree with you we don't need a bunch of Ras threads. One is enough. And no, we don't need a thread on every player cut either. 

You are also correct it was a great draft, and overall the drafts in recent years, including undrafted signees etc, have been strong. 

That doesn't change the fact that Belichick has a real weak spot drafting cornerbacks and safeties but in particular cornerbacks. Look at the list, it's pretty rough. 

He has also been terribly weak drafting wide receivers but he's been able to mitigate that through trades to some extent, particularly Moss/Welker, and drafting tight ends - well, we'll wait and see how that pans out. But it does seem like there has been a course correction on picking up good receivers, which is great. 

Other than those two positions, in my opinion he's been overall very strong. 

Of course he probably could have compensated on safety by paying for a better player than Adrian Wilson....

At any rate it's clear Ras wasn't going to bring anything, so dwelling on this is spilt milk for now. If our secondary gets carved up by Brees/Manning/Rodgers etc the topic will come back up though. 

For now, time to move on. Bill has my respect for always knowing when to cut his losses. He is probably the best in the business in that respect.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ouch!  Another big blow to a defense that lost us the last 2 Super Bowls!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Every team has picks that did not pan out. Seattle's Aaron Curry may be a bigger bust as the 4th overall pick in 2009. ( Tired of using JaMarcus Russells as example ) Drafting is an inexact science.

Living well is the best revenge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Now, we know that there is media bias at ESPN, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, TSN in Canada, The Tokoyo Times, The Athens, Greece Register, The Capetown Gazette, The Tel Aviv Tribune and the Nunavut Daily News, but I haven't heard anything about The Sporting News being on the list of people who love to hate Belichick.

That will probably be declared after this article is read.

Patriots' defensive back NFL draft busts continue with Ras-I Dowling release

From a different article about the draft itself, "Dowling has battled injuries, but with three second-round picks, the Patriots can mitigate their risk. NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported that the Raiders (who own picks 48 and 81) were trying to move up to draft QB Colin Kaepernick, but after working the phones, Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn’t pull the trigger."

Jesus Christ.  The guy trades away all of the picks in the world to flaunt his deal making abilities but when one lands on his plate, he pushes it aside to stay in control.  Imagine if he had made that move and selected Torrey Smith and Greg Little instead?

Nope.  Bust-er-ooni!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dowling was what he felt was the best in the 2nd rd of the 2011 draft.

Boy oh boy was he wrong!  He should leave the drafting to someone else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why?

He's had the best yields of any team, arguably in the league, since 2010. SUperb, overall. Only a jealous troll from Florida, likely a Dolphins fan like yourself, would proclaim otherwise.

How is Chia doing drafting Kessel and Seguin top 5 with a few years of one another and NEITHER is still on the Bruins?

And those are top 5 picks!  Horrendous! Is Chia drunk picking two players in the top he just didn't really like or investigate well enough before picking them? Hmmm?

Where did you go?

"Boy oh boy was he wrong! Time for someone else to do the drafting", huh Handy?

Why do you want to talk about hockey here?  You know where the B's forum is.  Feel free to talk about hockey there!  HAHAHAHA!  You won't show your face over there after your huge dismantling earlier this year.

Anyway, why should Belichick leave the drafting up to others?  Well, because he stinks at it.  As for me being a Dolphins fan, that's funny.  Tellme, when was the last time you were at Gilette?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How is someone the Defensive Rookie Of The Year until they get hurt?

Defensive Rookie of the Year voting PlayerPositionNo. of votes Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers LB 28 Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks LB 11 Casey Hayward, Green Bay Packers CB 6 Janoris Jenkins, St. Louis Rams CB 3 Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB 2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NOs took underachieving and inferior Mark Ingram (over Ridley). Ingram has done very little in his first 2 seasons.

NE then had TWO 1st rd picks in 2012, CHandler Jones (thank you NOs) and Hightower.

So, Vereen Rd 2, Ridey Rd 3 vs taking the bait on Mark Ingram. And we get Chandler Jones as the cherry on top, the DROY of the year last year until a sprained ankle in 2012.

Come again?

CAREER STATS

Vereen:  457 yards, 5 TDs

Ingram:  1,151 yards, 11 TDs

"Ingram has done very little in his first 2 seasons."  If Ingram has done very little, what has Vereen done?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

As for me being a Dolphins fan, that's funny.  Tellme, when was the last time you were at Gilette?

Rusty, you missed this, so I thought I would post it again so you can't dodge it.  I moved to Florida a last month after spending my life living in Mass. 

So, when was the last time you went to a game at Gillette?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is that all you have?  I think it's highly comical you're in here spouting off like a troll and our hockey GM has two horrendous top 5 botch jobs in the draft in the last 5-6 years with Kessel and Seguin.

Some like to call that irony. Not to mention the MYRIAD of other busts like Spooner, Hammill, Colborne and on and on and on.

Meanwhile, BB's yields from 2010-2012 have been otherwise the complete opposite, while drafting WAY down at the bottom of the 1st rd, you know, because he's the best coach in pro sports and the best GM in the NFL.

Once again, you're interested in talking hockey here when this isn't the place.  No one here wants to read about hockey.  There is a Bruins forum available.  Those wolves will eat you alive with your undying stupidity, however.

Stick to football here, will ya?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The discussion is Vereen/Ridley w/Jones as the cherry on top or would you rather just have yielded Mark Ingram.

The Pats traded the #28 (Ingram) for the #56 (Vereen) and the pick in 2012 (Chandler Jones I think). 

Where does Ridley fit in?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am not interested in talking hockey with you. I am interesting in exposing you as a troll and a fraud.

Considering the amount that I post here on BDC (sad I know), no one else has labeled me either of those things.  You, however, have earned a boatload of different derogatory terms by at least two equally but separate groups of posters.

Time to buy a mirror and take a hard look!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NOs could not have taken the Ingram Bama overhyped bait and gotten Ridley themselves, Ridley is actually a LA native, too.

THAT is where RIdley fits in.  

Ironically, NOs team has gotten worse and worse since they won the SB in 2009.  

The might get to a 10-6 this year. MIGHT. Terrible D that won't be better this year.

Of all the teams with a 20 mil per kind of QB, ours is clearly the best built right now. Maybe GB can make an argument, but they lost Driver and Jennings, which will hurt more than Welker and Hernandez here.

Okay, so Ridley doesn't fit in at all.

Maybe New Orleans has gotten worse since the won the Superbowl in 2009.  I'd take a currently declining team today that won a Superbowl in 2009 over...you know...not winning one since 2003.

Anyway, enough of this discussion of the Saints.

Dowling...another Belichick-drafted bust.  What a joke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Can't believe this guy wasn't a hall of famer.

BB should have known Ras would have been injured, and he should have known Hernandez was a killer. it was sooooo obvious.

lol.

Hopefully a good sign as to Dennards prospects of being a free man. It would be tough to lose both of them.

"Defense Wins Championships"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh, I didn't realize this was another "Rusty vs the other guy" thread.

Sorry fellas, carry on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have never seen you criticize Chia botching the Kessel or Seguin picks and the Iginla traded at the deadline, yet you come here and single out a 2nd rd pick within an otherwise very successful day of drafting for BB in 2011?

What's the headline of this thread?  Who is the pick that I have singled out?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Oh, I didn't realize this was another "Rusty vs the other guy" thread.

Sorry fellas, carry on.

It's not.  I'm keeping it to football for the most part, attempting to discuss the topic of the thread.

25. This post has been removed.