Pats D in Perspective

Glad they won but they made Mark Sanchez go from this:

10-27 37% vs Pitts

21-45 46% vs Miami

13-29 45% vs SF

14-31 45% vs Houston

to this:

28-41 69% and 328 yards passing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Pats D in Perspective

No pass rush.  Everyone in America can see it except BB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

That and no player within 15 yards of every receiver...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad they won but they made Mark Sanchez go from this:

10-27 37% vs Pitts

21-45 46% vs Miami

13-29 45% vs SF

14-31 45% vs Houston

to this:

28-41 69% and 328 yards passing.

[/QUOTE]

Should blitz more. Couldn't hurt, teams a re marching down the field in the air anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The bright spot is that the defensive backs seemed okay in man coverage. Whether they are as successful against teams with better receivers and QBs is still to be seen however.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sd071. Show sd071's posts

Is this not what we expected though?  Every QB is at the very least a good QB against the Pats.  At this point, expecting anything less is stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm watching the Bengals and Steelers and even the tiger stripes have better CB's than the Pats !

every other game I watch I keep saying why can't our D have these guys covering the pass.

In all fairness there were times when Sanchez had nobody to pass the football to. Well covered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to sd071's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this not what we expected though?  Every QB is at the very least a good QB against the Pats.  At this point, expecting anything less is stupid.

[/QUOTE]

not a good outlook....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The bright spot is that the defensive backs seemed okay in man coverage. Whether they are as successful against teams with better receivers and QBs is still to be seen however.

[/QUOTE]

Pass rush would really help out a lot.  More blitzes maybe.  All QB in NFL are there because they are at least good.  With no pressure any NFL QB can complete a lot of passes.  No secondary can cover forever.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

DBs are rarely good in coverage while giving up 300+ yards to Mark Sanchez

[/QUOTE]

Very enlightening observation!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pass rush would really help out a lot.  More blitzes maybe.  All QB in NFL are there because they are at least good.  With no pressure any NFL QB can complete a lot of passes.  No secondary can cover forever.

[/QUOTE]

Play man coverage 1 saftey over the top, blitz, blitz and blitz some more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am so donewith this soft zone. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4352717. Show user_4352717's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The schemes need to go, simplify the defense and let the athleticism these youngsters have take over.. i think this yound D is having a hard time adjusting to Patricias and BB D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I feel like I am usually one of the tougher graders on these boards when it comes to the defense, but I will take them stepping up and forcing a fumble to win the game. Without Wilfork forcing the safety, the Jets may have won in regulation. 

I think the AFC is so bad this year, that the Patriots have a legit shot at being in the AFC championship game playing at the level they are right now. That is faint praise, but it means that with a few good games at the right time, the Super Bowl is within reach for the 6th time in 12 years. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Defense is absolute garbage. Cannot cover even the worst offenses in the league. Simply pathetic.  What the Pats are doing in the secondary is simply disgraceful and embarassing.

BB has no clue how to solve this nonsense.  No way should someone have faith that this will get better. The last time BB drafted a good CB was Samuel in 2003. Last time BB drafted a good Safety was NEVER.  It doesn't get any worse than the Patriots secondary. BB has no clue how to draft or develop players in the secondary.  It shouldn't be this bad after 5 years, but it hasn't gotten any better. It is even worse than 2008, 2009, 2010 or 2011.  Every game is a guaranteed Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees type performance from the QB,  even when it is Russel Wilson, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez.

Terry Brashaw and Troy Aikman could come out of retirement and throw for 350 yards against this defense. I would bet Matt Barkley and the USC offense would have a field day against this inept secondary.

Sorry for being this bummed out it, but it simply cannot get any worse! Or can it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No pass rush.  Everyone in America can see it except BB.

[/QUOTE]

No pressure up the middle.. the rushers immediately try to go outside..  there is no bull rusher up the middle for the Pats that push and collapse the pocket.  Until they fix that, every QB facing the Pats becomes another Manning!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No pass rush.  Everyone in America can see it except BB. [/QUOTE]

Hi Schump, don't know whether to give you a :-))) or a :-((( but I agree.

Yes, at this point what do the Pats have to lose by Blitzing more on critical downs, just do it.

Blitzing has it's positives and negatives but we all know what happens when we just Don't... a 1st down with that D'backfield. Taking chances and Gambling will at least make the QB nervous and the chips will fall more in the Pats favor than NOT!

I enjoy your short comments ... hilarious at times..:-))))

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

This was alot like the Seattle game except they won. They gave up big gains here and there but did not let anyone get behind the safeties for a Td..and I will take that as the improvement for the week. Next week, offense gets back on track.