Pats Defense better than Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

For all you crybabies whining about our D, we are top 8 in the league in pionts allowed, but only top 10 in points scored. And our D always comes together and plays best after Thanksgiving (see 2005). So quit worrying. Tampa here we come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

A little bit of a reach. Regardless, Patriots need a little help, a little luck, a better pass rush, improved secondary and special teams play to get into the playoffs.

Points scored
    24.2 per game
    NFL rank: tied-10th

Points allowed
    20.1 per game
    NFL rank: 8th

Third-down offense
    67 of 152 (44.1 percent)
    NFL rank: 10th

Third-down defense
    59 of 134 (44 percent)
    NFL rank: 27th

Turnover differential
    plus-1 (16 take-aways, 15 give-aways)
    NFL rank: tied-15th

Red-zone offense (based on TD percentage)
    22 of 43 (51.2 percent)
    NFL rank: 20th

Red-zone defense (based on TD percentage)
    22 of 33 (66.7 percent)
    NFL rank: 31st

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes i agree we are no.8 on points allowed per game,but they based it on an average of all the games we played up to now,but we gave up 62points in the last 2 games.not very incourageing.im excited the way our offense has played the last two weeks.even if we lost one of them.if our no.8 defense had showed up in the first half we would have won that game,and if our offense didnt play lights out this past sunday we would have lost.im not saying our defense is completely broken.my only concern is with the cornerbacks we have,or the style they are playing.as much as i would like to see cassel put up 400yrds,and 3td,s every game.in reality it wont always happen,and our defense will be needed to make the diffrence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Correction. It was. The offense is on all cylinders.

The defense is tapering off since AT was injured. The same thing happened late last season when Colvin went down . . . a top five defense started slipping.

But throughout the season the defense has really carried a VASTLY underperforming offense. Thankfully we don't face any elite offenses until the Cards come to town, so perhaps we can get Thomas back by then and some of the younger DBs will mature.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

The defense is adequate at best with the dreadfully weak secondary. The Patriots are the only NFL team without a defensive or special teams touchdown for the season.

It is the defense that is vastly underperforming, zbellino.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Mighty all the stats in the world dont change the fact that when the Pats D NEEDS a stop they cant do it. They NEEDED to make a stop in the Jets OT game and they couldnt get off the field, they needed a stop in Indy and couldnt do it. The stats might say that we have a good D and I love our D to death but the fact is they cant get off the field when it matters most. I think we will get better as the year goes on or i hope we will but as i have said before i feel that Patriot magic this year and if we make the playoffs i am sure we will make the super bowl whether the D gets better or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Nobody gives a rat's a$$ if the D or special teams score touchdowns. What matters is wins, and that's what we do best when the snow hits the turf.

Taz, the D has allowed some game winning drives, but you're right, they'll get better. We intercepted Pennington when he was trying to lead a comeback last week, so that's one game winning drive they've stopped. Looking forward to total domination down the stretch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Oh, and we're playing Dome Warner in Foxboro on December 21. He ain't gonna do $h!t.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am gonna be at that game against teh Cards should be cold as hell! lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

You must have overlooked the "big defensive stops" versus the Jets a few weeks ago, or how about meltdown in the SB, or how about pathetic 2nd half performance vs. the Colts in the AFC Championship?

The defense has difficutly making the stop. Look at the red zone stats as a perfect example. The defense needs lots of help and luck going forward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

the defense is not good, don't care what the f----g stats say. they can't make a stop when they need to. jets have 3rd and 15 from their 15 yard line,,... no problem, someone will be left uncovered wide open for the 1st down. there wont be any pressure so the qb has pleanty of time to find the open man. the pass defense is among the worst in the nfl, they suck, the db's are horrible. the run defense is good, we have a very good defensive line. the outside linebackers get no pressure now that thomas is out.

its been the offense that has won lately. giving up 28 to the dolphins and 34 to the jets, not acceptable, we would have been blown out if not for the offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[Quote]
    You must have overlooked the "big defensive stops" versus the Jets a few weeks ago, or how about meltdown in the SB, or how about pathetic 2nd half performance vs. the Colts in the AFC Championship?

The defense has difficutly making the stop. Look at the red zone stats as a perfect example. The defense needs lots of help and luck going forward.
    [/Quote]

yeah, thats the way i see it too. they started withering last year around the philly and baltimore games. cassell and co. will just have to keep putting up forty points a game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

31st in Red Zone defense. Not good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[Quote]

Agreed. They get no pass rush and the secondary plays off everyone. The int on Pennington seemed like the only stop they made all day. The average opposing QB rating against this defense is astronomical. The D is a big time concern. If they don't improve dramatically, this team won't make the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Forget about the stats, have you watched the games? Our D is mediocre at best, defensive backfield can't cover or tackle and our front seven gets no pressure at all. That's a sorry defense, my friend. Wilfork and Mayo are the only consistent performers, leaving 9 underachievers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Pressure on the QB. That's exactly what we need. No secondary can stay with receivers for 5 or 6 seconds. If we can generate a pass rush, all will be well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

you guys know what you can do with your numbers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]
    Mebbe in the 2nd half, but the D didn't even show up the first half, and special teams sucked during the entire game. In the end, the D couldn't stop the Jets on 3-15 in OT - when it counted the most.