pats defense could be best since 2008

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: pats defense could be best since 2008

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

I didn't even look at 2010s, because I know it was very good with our team leading the NFL in turnovers and our offense well balanced and efficient after dealing Moss after Week 4.

You should have because it completely torpedoes your argument.  We had a negative ToP differential in 2010.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Interesting. I'll take 3/4 years, though.  4 rookies on D and those first 4 weeks by Brady and the offense tilted it a bit.

What are the numbers?

Are you on record as saying Off TOP is irrelevant to our own D and how it plays or any team's?

Slight troll response, there, PCMIV.  The bulk of the evidence is there and no one would have thought about it because Cassel was the QB in 2008 and Brady had limited weapons in 2009.

I'm saying ToP is driven by a lot of factors.  Teams that give up a lot of yards are also going to give up a lot of ToP to the other team's offenses.  Teams with defenses that force lots of short drives can bump ToP in their teams favor.  Teams that force lots of turnovers can lead to quick scores which can actually result in more ToP for the other team.  Special teams scores also have an impact.  And yes the offense has an impact too.  I don't think it is as cut and dried as the offense dictates ToP.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Maybe BB should consult with Petey Carrol about how to rebuild a defense in 2 years and have a top 5 defense and shut down secondary. I mean in 2008, we missed the playoffs. in 09, we were blown off the gillete stadium turf and in 2010, we were embarassed at home by our division rivals by losing our 1st game while Petey almost made it to NFCCG with Laywer Milloy leading the secondary. He retired the next year and by 2012, Peter had rebuilt an entirely NEW secondary. 4 new players, one of which was a 1st rd pick. The others were 5th, 3rd round and ex-cfl players.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

-Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Wow! One team out of 32 improved their secondary. If it was so easy why didn't the other 31 teams do it? By the way, the Patriots made it to the AFCCG last year and were in the super bowl the year before. The Seahawks have done nothing. Not yet anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

This defense has the potential to be a very good defense this year. It started to find itself last year and is still a young defense overall.

We finally have some decent CBs in Talib and Dennard. Arrington is a pretty good third option and if (big if) Ras-I can stay healthy then we should be set at CB.

Not worried at all about safety. Chung the bum is finally out of here and we have A. Wilson taking over next to McCourty. T. Wilson looked decent last year minus a few rookie mistakes. We have the rookie, Ebner, and Gregory as well.

D-Line is iffy. Wilfork will be a beast as usual. Jones is entering his second year. Nink is more a DE than anything. What is he officially? Either way, we have a lot of new blood at this position and Armstead looks promising.

LB on this team is just ridiculous. Hopefully there is no drama with Spikes, but if so then there should be no problems starting Collins, Mayo, Nink, and Hightower.

I'm not saying that this is going to be a top five defense or anything, but it should be much better than what we are used to seeing with the new blood and experience. Even if the injury bug hits I think the team has the depth to handle it.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.