Pats Defensive woes started with Peppers rumors last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Pats Defensive woes started with Peppers rumors last year

Whether it was only rumors, or if the Pats truly pushed for Julius Peppers to wear a New England uniform last year, the demise of the team's defense stared there!

When Seymour was traded away, the Patriots knew that it was evident there would be an uncapped season in 2010, and they had to prepare for the worst.  They had already felt out the groundwork for acquiring Peppers, and learned the market would be too high for Seymour, once Peppers would set the market.  Thus, forcing New England to plan through the following year's draft to find a legitimate pass-rusher.

It is now obvious that last year has to be labeled a re-building year.  I would not be suprised to hear of a significant move on draft day, to finally help the dreadful need for a pass rushing DE.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats Defensive woes started with Peppers rumors last year

Pryor and Wright are above average 2 down lineman and I have a feeling BB is going to put his trust in them. I agree a rushing DE would be nice but in a 34 most of the rushing pressure should be coming of the OLB's not the DE's. Typically DE's are used to set the edge for the faster OLB's to rush the passer. I don't see them using a high draft pick unless they feel it's for a guy that can be a 3 down lineman like Jared Odrick. Who knows they could go after Odrick to lock down the side and draft a OLB rusher to play behind him. This draft is a great draft to pick up some tweener rushers either way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Pats Defensive woes started with Peppers rumors last year

Your right about last yr - although, I would go even a step further and mention - how about Asante when the Pats let that get far along.  I think the Pats need to change the way they do things down there as far as 'keeping' their own before it goes too far.  Same thing goes for Wilfork.  IF they just re-worked his contract a year or two ago - they wouldn't have been in the contract renewal with Vince now.  They re-worked Seymour which kept him around for additional years....until of course last yr as you mentioned.

Now, I think they are 'aiming' at the draft to hopefully NAIL down an Ultimate Pass Rusher ---We'll see....