Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation

We are now on our way to the Yankees vs. the Red Sox. 

I guess if Dallas or the Redskins can't get to the Super Bowl on its on merit or the Pats can't beat the Colts on its own merit, take away the thing that gives them a fighting chance - money. 

Large market teams have just killed the goose.  If there is some worry about the state of the refs, etc.  It will get worse (IMO) with this move away from Revenue Sharing

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965

this just made Flasox's day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation

Looks like I was wrong about you last week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You're just worried because the Colts might end up on the short end of the stick financially, but rest assured they'll never have to worry about being called for something that gave the other team 50+ yards in a conference championship game and then receiving an apology from the league saying that the call was wrong.  It just doesn't ever happen (because the Colts are coincidentally never called for defensive pass interference, holding, or illegal contact because they mustn't ever touch receivers more than 5 yards downfield before the ball is thrown or deflected or before the ball arrives and they must always be facing the line of scrimmage or else already standing in the path of the ball).

The only real concern is the fact that Kraft has built KraftWorld outside Gillette Stadium and might have more money to spend than your Colts and Jim I-cry-poor-despite-having-the-league's-most-beloved-QB-who-will-break-records-and-help-my-team-get-publicity-and-money-and-pay-for-the-new-stadium Irsay.

My theory: this is a ploy to give the Vikings' owner an excuse to move the team elsewhere if he can't extort enough money from the state for a new stadium in Minnesota.  F*ck*ng billionaires can't afford to finance a stadium with minimal support from the state... what b*llsh*t.  Kraft did it with only ~$50 million from the state that only went into improving Route 1.

Anyhow, if it can somehow help the Pats, I'm all for it.  But I think the real beneficiary is Jerry Jones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation:
    [QUOTE]We are now on our way to the Yankees vs. the Red Sox.  I guess if Dallas or the Redskins can't get to the Super Bowl on its on merit or the Pats can't beat the Colts on its own merit, take away the thing that gives them a fighting chance - money.  Large market teams have just killed the goose.  If there is some worry about the state of the refs, etc.  It will get worse (IMO) with this move away from Revenue Sharing http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965 this just made Flasox's day.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Most fans of other teams, especially outside of our division, only come around here a couple of weeks leading up to a game vs. us, and if they win a couple of more weeks.  You're definately different in this regard, as you keep coming trolling here even after your team beat us - three weeks ago.  I know Indy isn't exactly a thriving metropolis, but don't you have your own boards to go to?  Wouldn't you be on your own board talking about your victory over a hot team this week?  Instead, you're here to rub our mediocrity in our faces.  Believe me, after three SB wins in four tries in the past 8 years or so, we fully realize we're not in Indy's league this year.  Do you get your jollies coming on this board to keep reminding us of this irrefutable fact?  Were you the 5th grader that use to beat up the kindergarden class for their milk or lunch money?  Okay, we get it, Indy's all over us this year, but in the long haul of things, we've pretty much had a better run than you recently.  Jeez, even if you win the SB this year, you're still one behind us and the Steelers.  Whatever floats your boat, but how would you feel if, in the playoffs, the Colts lost and all of us went to your boards to rub it in even though we were out of the playoffs also.  Just doesn't make sense - but again, if that's what gets you through the night, rock on.  Good luck against San Diego in the playoffs and the Saints or Vikings in the SB.  Just one final thought:  as good as the Colts are going, and as awful as the Pats have been - you just barely beat us.  You really feeling that good about the Colts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

what does this have to with pats and colts?? cmon dogg, are you trying to suggest that somehow the pats would have an unfair advantage over the colts under this format? do the colts not draw well and sell out their games and sell plenty of peyton jerseys? so are you trying to suggest to a bunch of pats fans that we should be subsidizing the colts?? fans worldwide should cry because patriots, cowboys, redskins, and whoever one deems "large market team" no longer provide a welfare system for fanbases that show less dedication to their teams and/or owners that wanna shaft their fans and pocket more profits? cry me a river...

from the perspective of competitive balance it does make the league more entertaining as whole, i will give you that...and as a league that is better for business, and i am sure they will realize that if/when the next cba goes into place...but basing your argument on the pats not beating the colts on merit is weak, and you should get no sympathy here IMHO...why should we feel bad if our team makes money off of us and our owner reinvests it into our team??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nick - definitely worried.  MLB is a joke of a league. 

I fully understand that you don't get this, and that is ok.  When you are one of the teams on top, you cannot begin to understand how it is for those on the bottom.  I am a Reds fan and they haven't been competitive for years. 

As for the other bashing me.  The constant barrage on what amount to 3 calls over 4 games without an eye for what may have been illegitimately earned by the the other team disgusts me.  it is especially at times like these that I become labeled a troll because I don't just take the BS lying down. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation:
    [QUOTE]what does this have to with pats and colts?? cmon dogg, are you trying to suggest that somehow the pats would have an unfair advantage over the colts under this format? do the colts not draw well and sell out their games and sell plenty of peyton jerseys? so are you trying to suggest to a bunch of pats fans that we should be subsidizing the colts?? fans worldwide should cry because patriots, cowboys, redskins, and whoever one deems "large market team" no longer provide a welfare system for fanbases that show less dedication to their teams and/or owners that wanna shaft their fans and pocket more profits? cry me a river... from the perspective of competitive balance it does make the league more entertaining as whole, i will give you that...and as a league that is better for business, and i am sure they will realize that if/when the next cba goes into place...but basing your argument on the pats not beating the colts on merit is weak, and you should get no sympathy here IMHO...why should we feel bad if our team makes money off of us and our owner reinvests it into our team??
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

If the NFL were an industry like any other industry, then there would be more teams and the free market could really dictate terms.  But the NFL is not an industry like any other.  It is contained.  there are only 32 businesses in its entire industry.  Take away revenue sharing and league competitiveness will change dramatically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation:
    [QUOTE]what does this have to with pats and colts?? cmon dogg, are you trying to suggest that somehow the pats would have an unfair advantage over the colts under this format? do the colts not draw well and sell out their games and sell plenty of peyton jerseys? so are you trying to suggest to a bunch of pats fans that we should be subsidizing the colts?? fans worldwide should cry because patriots, cowboys, redskins, and whoever one deems "large market team" no longer provide a welfare system for fanbases that show less dedication to their teams and/or owners that wanna shaft their fans and pocket more profits? cry me a river... from the perspective of competitive balance it does make the league more entertaining as whole, i will give you that...and as a league that is better for business, and i am sure they will realize that if/when the next cba goes into place...but basing your argument on the pats not beating the colts on merit is weak, and you should get no sympathy here IMHO...why should we feel bad if our team makes money off of us and our owner reinvests it into our team??

sox:  he won't reply with anything of substance.  He just trolls around here to kick us when we're down.  Where was he when we were beating the Colts like red-headed stepchildren?  Answer:  no where.  Simply gets his jollies playing the village idiot card.  Jeez, even Gints fans eventually went back to their own forums, but not underdog.  Wait until the Colts break our consecutive regular season win streak - he and his ilk will be all over this board feigning underdog status.  Laughable actually.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Nick - definitely worried.  MLB is a joke of a league.  I fully understand that you don't get this, and that is ok.  When you are one of the teams on top, you cannot begin to understand how it is for those on the bottom.  I am a Reds fan and they haven't been competitive for years.  As for the other bashing me.  The constant barrage on what amount to 3 calls over 4 games without an eye for what may have been illegitimately earned by the the other team disgusts me.  it is especially at times like these that I become labeled a troll because I don't just take the BS lying down. 

I've never considered you to be a troll.  I've only considered you an oddity in that you're a fan of a visiting team that shows up regularly, but you're no different than JBolted or JintsFan (obviously we're all fans of our teams here).  Ultimately, it's nice to hear the perspective from other cities, like when JBolted informed me that San Diego people hate L.A. like Bostonians hate NYC.  I did not know this, and would not have learned this unless I lived there.

I understand your fear, but the Colts have a nice new stadium that should help revenue, even if it isn't nearly as loud as the RCA Dome.  Among other companies, AIG is in town and God knows they'll spend thousands if not millions of our tax dollars on luxury boxes and front-row tickets for employees and company friends.  They should also have a successful team for as long as Manning plays, who I don't see retiring until north of 40yo (while with Brady, I could see him possibly retiring and pursuing other interests).  The other thing with Manning is that he'll be an attraction unto himself until he retires, especially when he starts closing in on Favre's records - as Barry Bonds and the SF Giants proved, this is a revenue boon for the team, too.

So I understand that you have to come here to find passionate sports fans because I notice that most of the fans at your games aren't cheering out loud and therefore mustn't be very big fans, but I don't think the Colts will be at a significant disadvantage.  They build primarily through the draft anyway, and do so extremely effectively.  I've never seen a team produce so many talented cover 2 linebackers and corners, lose them to injuries and free agency, and instantly replace them.  As long as Polian (a good draft guru despite villainy on these boards) is drafting, the Colts won't be at a disadvantage at all.

Plus, the "uncapped year" doesn't work the way you'd expect it to, anyway - it's extremely Byzantine in nature (i.e. teams that make the playoffs can't sign free agents until someone signs away one of their free agents, allowing non-playoff teams to essentially collude against playoff teams).  If I remember right, there are still contract restrictions despite being "uncapped."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sox - It was a low blow.  I agree.  No less low than those who sugges that Polian fixes games and has the refs in his pocket as has been going on here for the last few weeks and for that matter to a lesser extent for a few year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : sox:  he won't reply with anything of substance.  He just trolls around here to kick us when we're down.  Where was he when we were beating the Colts like red-headed stepchildren?  Answer:  no where.  Simply gets his jollies playing the village idiot card.  Jeez, even Gints fans eventually went back to their own forums, but not underdog.  Wait until the Colts break our consecutive regular season win streak - he and his ilk will be all over this board feigning underdog status.  Laughable actually.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Simroy - your response actually identifies you as the neophyte here.  there are plenty who will attest to my presence on this board for years.  I recommend knowing what you are talking about before you use me as a subject of your post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I understand your fear, but the Colts have a nice new stadium that should help revenue, even if it isn't nearly as loud as the RCA Dome.  Among other companies, AIG is in town and God knows they'll spend thousands if not millions of our tax dollars on luxury boxes and front-row tickets for employees and company friends.  They should also have a successful team for as long as Manning plays, who I don't see retiring until north of 40yo (while with Brady, I could see him possibly retiring and pursuing other interests).  The other thing with Manning is that he'll be an attraction unto himself until he retires, especially when he starts closing in on Favre's records - as Barry Bonds and the SF Giants proved, this is a revenue boon for the team, too.
    AIG is not an Indy company.  In fact, other than a stop-loss office, they really don't have a huge presence in Indy.  The fact is that revenue sharing allows for competitive balance and the large market owners that bought into the league knew that when they bought their team.  Changing it now is nothing but greed within an industry that is not a typical industry.  If this truly happens, be happy you are a large market team fan with an owner who will spend. 

So I understand that you have to come here to find passionate sports fans because I notice that most of the fans at your games aren't cheering out loud and therefore mustn't be very big fans, but I don't think the Colts will be at a significant disadvantage.  They build primarily through the draft anyway, and do so extremely effectively.  I've never seen a team produce so many talented cover 2 linebackers and corners, lose them to injuries and free agency, and instantly replace them.  As long as Polian (a good draft guru despite villainy on these boards) is drafting, the Colts won't be at a disadvantage at all.
    I disagree.  There is absolutely no way the colts can compete in a non-revenue sharing environment.  Even if Polian were around forever, it would be no different than the KC Royals being a great drafting MLB franchise only to have to give up those players when contracts are to large market teams who can afford their salary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickcusick. Show rickcusick's posts

Funk in TB Land

Another embarrassment today. Look, the reality is, TB checked out the last game of the 16-0 regular season. He was mediocre in the playoffs that year, then spent the two weeks before the SB in Manhattan with Giselle, then did not show up against the Giants. Obviously he missed all of last year and this year has been....well, uh....completly underwhelming.

Not playing with fire, missing his reads, getting frazzled under pressure and missing wide open guys. He needs to win out to MATCH Matt Cassell's record last year, which he will not do by the way.

He's done. Gone. Too much success, too soon. After three SB rings in your first four or five years....what's left to bust your butt for?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : Simroy - your response actually identifies you as the neophyte here.  there are plenty who will attest to my presence on this board for years.  I recommend knowing what you are talking about before you use me as a subject of your post.

I was merely responding to someone else's post with my opinion.  As for recommendations - safe them, I've been here for a number of years also and I can only recall your consistent presence for the past two years, but okay for the sake of argument, let's say I'm wrong on that front.  What I'm not wrong on is that I stated that you would not respond with anything of substance.  And your response pretty much proved me right.

You come one here spouting competitive balance from a monetary perspective even though your division consists of:  Jville (can't even sell out a game despite being in the playoff picture), Houston (a relative new team in their present location), and TN (a small-market team in a football-only location).  Neither of the teams in your division possess a monetary advantage over you.  New England and other large market teams (NY, NY, WASH, DAL, and others) are still bound by a salary cap.  And given the success of the Colts over these teams, if they do possess an appreciable financial advantage, your front office personnel have certainly found a way to overcome it (why, don't you have a brandy-new stadium?).  Personally, I don't blame the Yankees financial advantages over the Sox - they play within the rules and get "taxed" to the bejesus for that - but they don't care, and quite frankly I can respect that.  What I don't respect is someone crying about something that doesn't exist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : I was merely responding to someone else's post with my opinion.  As for recommendations - safe them, I've been here for a number of years also and I can only recall your consistent presence for the past two years, but okay for the sake of argument, let's say I'm wrong on that front.  What I'm not wrong on is that I stated that you would not respond with anything of substance.  And your response pretty much proved me right. You come one here spouting competitive balance from a monetary perspective even though your division consists of:  Jville (can't even sell out a game despite being in the playoff picture), Houston (a relative new team in their present location), and TN (a small-market team in a football-only location).  Neither of the teams in your division possess a monetary advantage over you.  New England and other large market teams (NY, NY, WASH, DAL, and others) are still bound by a salary cap.  And given the success of the Colts over these teams, if they do possess an appreciable financial advantage, your front office personnel have certainly found a way to overcome it (why, don't you have a brandy-new stadium?).  Personally, I don't blame the Yankees financial advantages over the Sox - they play within the rules and get "taxed" to the bejesus for that - but they don't care, and quite frankly I can respect that.  What I don't respect is someone crying about something that doesn't exist.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Did you read my posted link?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : Did you read my posted link?????

Yes, I did and I caught the ESPN pre-game show discussed also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Ok so competitive balance is not a league issue, its a division issue??

Yes teams are still bound by the cap but what good will a cap be when revenue sharing is thrown out the window.  small market teams use the sharing to fund salaries and operations.  I don't understand what you are trying to do here, but my comments are pretty obvious.  Take away revenue sharing and the future of the NFL will look similar to the MLB.  the large markets will dominate and the small markets will be left without similar opportunities. 

Isn't it funny that you don't like people crying about things that don't exist, while some of your fellow fans here complain about a league conspiracy against the pats and in favor of the colts? 

and btw, the future dissolution of rev sharing is much more real than any conspiracy for or against any other team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation:
    [QUOTE]We are now on our way to the Yankees vs. the Red Sox.  I guess if Dallas or the Redskins can't get to the Super Bowl on its on merit or the Pats can't beat the Colts on its own merit, take away the thing that gives them a fighting chance - money.  Large market teams have just killed the goose.  If there is some worry about the state of the refs, etc.  It will get worse (IMO) with this move away from Revenue Sharing http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965 this just made Flasox's day.

Don't worry. The ref's will try harder for you guys.

Nice to see you haven't changed. Still laying the ground work in preparation for the Colts fall. They must cherish you as a fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

udogg, why are you putting this on Pat's fans?  It will take at least 24 teams to pass this rule change.  You don't even know how the Colts are voting!

When I read about this I found that the fifteen top earning teams were donors to the 100 million dollar additional revenue sharing that was distributed to the nine lowest earning teams.  The NFL won't say who is on either list but if I had to guess I would guess the Colts are donors along with the Pats.  It also wouldn't surprise me if both teams were among those voting to do away with the additional sharing.

BTW, the 6.5 Billion in revenue sharing that all teams share in comes to around 203 million for each of the 32 teams.  The additional revenue sharing comes to around 11 million for the nine qualifing teams.  A funny point is that a team can be both a recipient and a donor.

Here is an article from the Wall Street Journal that gives another perspective as to why some teams aren't competitive.  There are teams that are systematically avoiding spending the minimum payroll.  Are these the same teams that are getting an additional handout?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704224004574489773943949070.html?from=search_webresults<1>

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : Still laying the ground work in preparation for the Colts fall. They must cherish you as a fan.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    I figured you had your sonar on.  So, what did the refs do for the colts this week?  Always good to hear thoughts from the fiction writers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Say, didnt Indianapolis get their team from Baltimore by bribing the owner? How high and mighty you sound about money suddenly.  But thats ok.   Lol, you guys are doomed.  I hope we do get that setup, because Bob Kraft has it in the bag, having bought surrounding land to the stadium 10 years before he even bought the team.  So now he owns the whole enchilada.  He will  have more money because he is smarter than Irsay, or Wilson, or any of the whining "small market" teams.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats fans are going to get their wish - Welcome to the New Red Sox Nation : Simroy - your response actually identifies you as the neophyte here.  there are plenty who will attest to my presence on this board for years.  I recommend knowing what you are talking about before you use me as a subject of your post.

I will attest that ud has been trolling here for a long time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Say, didnt Indianapolis get their team from Baltimore by bribing the owner? How high and mighty you sound about money suddenly.  But thats ok.   Lol, you guys are doomed.  I hope we do get that setup, because Bob Kraft has it in the bag, having bought surrounding land to the stadium 10 years before he even bought the team.  So now he owns the whole enchilada.  He will  have more money because he is smarter than Irsay, or Wilson, or any of the whining "small market" teams.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Bribe assumes an illicit gain which is completely incorrect.  I'll bet you wouldn't like having your home taken by eminent domain unless you are so far left (and I know some of boston is) that you believe in state ownership of everything.  that's what was being discussed in Baltimore re: the colts.  Irsay was just smart.

As for the whining.  My bad.  You are right.  I am starting to sound like a Pats fan.  I'll cut it out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Say, didnt Indianapolis get their team from Baltimore by bribing the owner? How high and mighty you sound about money suddenly.  But thats ok.   Lol, you guys are doomed.  I hope we do get that setup, because Bob Kraft has it in the bag, having bought surrounding land to the stadium 10 years before he even bought the team.  So now he owns the whole enchilada.  He will  have more money because he is smarter than Irsay, or Wilson, or any of the whining "small market" teams.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

This guy has whining to an art form. He actually complains about calls the Colts don't get in a win. I fully expect that he will complain about the small market revenues going forward. My advice - move to a decent market.

He actually tries to justify by saying he is leveling the playing field. Honestly, who complains when they win the lottery?