Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Re: Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

mbeaulieu I was wondering the exact same thing. There were rumors a few years ago that he might look into coaching somewhere. But now that Bruschi's got a gig with ESPN, I don't think he'll be coaching in the near future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm sure we'll find out Bruschi's thoughts on getting into coaching sooner than later, I'd love to see him brought onboard.  They clearly missed his leadership in the locker room this year so it'd be a plus to get him back in the locker room, be it in another capacity.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it was a firing and not a personal choice. Otherwise, he would have a.) a new job lined up with promotion, or b.) declared he is retiring. 

You don't just decide you want to leave a job, but that you still want employment and not have another job lined up.

The press release was classic Kraft, being classy to make it look like he hasn't been canned. 

First, I wonder how much the 34/43 thing plays into it, because (IYR) Pees was lobbying for a 43 defense earlier this season because he is more comfortable with it.

Second, this might have to do with leadership? Maybe Pees wasn't respected by the players? Maybe some of the personnel decisions (play Wilhite while deactivating Springs) were his choices?

O'Brien, hopefully, will be stillborn as an OC . . . even McD didn't have as bad a gameplan as him his first season. Between the two of them, I wish O'Brien were canned, as I understand some of Pees' playcalling. But the offense kept me scratching my head all season. 

The question is who you replace them with? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Dick Jauron has had some great attacking defenses -- he is a 43 coach IIRC.
    Groh is a guy you could bring in? Or is he hired?
    Pepper is raw, and who knows if he has what it takes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Someone else had the knowledge to post a link......

They also had the ability to find it without a link... Geez, never heard of Google?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Didnt the offense lose the game against the Ravens? The defense played very well outside of the 80 yard Rice td run.  Other than that, they gave up 3.5 yards per carry.  The offense turned the ball over 4 times and put the defense in a terrible situation. Ravens scored 17 points off turnovers.  When Banta Cain made that interception, it was 24-7,  we seemd to get momentum back. The offense went 3 and out.

In addition to 4 turnovers, the offense had 6 or 7  three and outs. Together thats at least 10 posessions that the offense did absolutely nothing.

Why blame the defense for this game?  Blame the offense instead. Brady's yards per completion was a pathetic 3.5 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

"The new DC better have a #1 ranked D because the Offense and Tom Brady hasn't been able to score more than 14 points in it's last two post season games"

Exactly. People need to associate this in the context of probable outcomes. Was the defense the best they have brought into the playoffs? No. It was/is young. It was dinged up something fierce. And it IS at least one good player away from being complete.

However, it won't matter because you don't win playoff games committing 3-4 turnovers a game and scoring only 14 points.

The offense needs some major work at a lot of points to get better. And the bad part is that they can't chock it up to inexperience either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Spetnaz24 ["The defense played very well outside of the 80 yard Rice td run."]

I watched a different game.  In the game I watched the Ravens said, we are going to run it and run it and run it, and you can't stop it.   Now, when a team goes 1-dimensional and you can't force them out of that, with a quarterback that you want to pass the ball, you have a serious defensive problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

NO link= no truth.

This is incomplete and incorrect.  In fact Wikipedia links can quite often be bogus, based on the poster...like a forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

nyjoseph

The offense put the defense in a hole by committing 4 turnovers and costing them 17 points. NE had a chance to get back into the game, but the offense did nothing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

HE WASN'T FIRED!!  His contract was up.  He saw the writing on the wall and between his age, health problems, and the turnover on Defense, it was the best move FOR ALL PARTIES for him to leave at this time. 

I wasn't happy with our defense this year but would have been different if Seymour and Vrabel weren't shipped off.  If Mayo and Wilfork were healthy for the season, we would have been more consistent.  These things you can't blame on a coordinator. 

The Pats will get someone new and perhaps better to run the defense!  He will get the time he needs to get well.  We'll probably get some help on D this offseason as well.  It'll all work out, why kick the guy when he's down??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Belichick should run the defense. Rex does it in NY. Wade does it in Dallas and it helped turn them around.
    Quit blaming others and hiring others to do a job that you need to do.

Be accountable to yourself.

Sean Payton calls the offense in NO. It's what good head coaches do when necessary. And NY has the best D and NO the best O.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

rocher, Pees was basically BB's Yes Man.  Make no mistake, Belichick runs this defense.  He is a good defensive coach, but nobody can do it alone, and I think the defensive system needs a little bit of a kick from a fresh, outside source, to add to Belichick's basic plan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This is an awesome thread.

The first page was taken up mostly with some idiot looking for a link to a story that was on the front page of the web site that houses this message board -- you would have had to trip over it to get here -- and then it took three pages for someone to finally point out that the original premise of the thread was completely off base. Dean Pees wasn't fired at all.

You guys are priceless.

It's a shame there's not a cheering section for this board; then we could discuss the relative merits of booing internet posters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In the big scheme of things Pees has health problems. He not only left the Texans game to go to the hospital but he had a bout with prostate cancer so go easy on the guy. Football is secondary in the guys life right now. He was not fired ..........he stepped down...........there are bigger things in life then football.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Eason....that was my first thought.  I thought he stepped down for health reasons.  I just saw the report on the sports ticker on ESPN, but have not seen the details if he has been fired or just stepped down. 

I will check right now.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

whether health problems or other reasons, as stated before he quit/stepped down he was not fired.  here's his statement

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=41603&pcid=41

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I here you. Pees is a good man. He had nothing to work with...........other then Wilfork......he had nothing............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Talk about rose colored glasses!! Interesting he's says he's open to other opportunities--I would say that means another coaching job.  I remember one of his first interviews when he made DC. He said he was happy to be the defensive coordinator of the Patriots, but would be just as "happy" doing other things! HUH? real excited about the job, Dean. and the articles about he didn't have the talent-well that's when great people step up. He took over a defense with great players, but what happened when they left. and please don't tell me there isn't talent on the defense There is.

Yes he is a good man--He's not a good DC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

other then Wifork and a 2nd year guy still learning in Mayo there is nothing on defense.......who is talented? We traded Vrabel for Burgess.......Vrabel has lost  step but he is btter then Burgess..........Woods and Guyton are bad as they got killed in coverage.........Warren is good but hurt ........Green was non exhistant......the secondary is a complete mess..............we gave up 3rd and long all year.........Our best db is Bodden and he signed a one year deal so he will want big money which he won't get here.............face it e we are rebuilding with out officially declaring it.............And the offense ............there is so much wrong with it...........we are so predictable .......1st down incomplete............2nd down 1-2 yard run and third down and long...............love the Pats but we are bad.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

spetnaz- 11 guys on the feild couldnt stop two running backs,and its not a problem?