Pats get Taylor Price WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Pats get Taylor Price WR

Taylor Price WR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR

In Response to Pats get Taylor Price WR:
    Taylor Price WR
    Posted by GrantW

I like that too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Who????  What about Scott Long?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I can hear the Price is right puns already. We need a WR and I'll take it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

This is a great pick for the pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow didn't see this one at all. He's a raw WR

Taylor Price
    Strengths:
    Good height and bulk --- Smooth and athletic --- Excellent speed and acceleration with a burst --- Vertical threat who can separate --- Great ball skills and body control --- Terrific leaper --- Good strength --- Tough and not afraid to work across the middle --- Nice awareness --- Has a lot of confidence --- Mature --- Superb Work Ethic --- Durable --- Upside.

Weaknesses:
    Does not have natural hands --- Marginal quickness and agility --- Not much wiggle and won't make people miss --- Still very raw as a route runner --- Limited experience as a return man --- Can be more physical and aggressive --- Isn't much  of  a blocker --- Just average production.

Notes:
    Was a three-year starter for the Bobcats --- Named 2nd Team All-MAC in 2009 --- Averaged 17.9 yards with 0 touchdowns on 10 career kick returns and did not return a punt in college --- Was underutilized and never got consistent play from the quarterback position, which at least partially explains his lack of eye-popping statistics --- Earned positive reviews from many for his performance at the Senior Bowl --- Is straight-linish and plays a finesse game --- A classic "Workout Warrior" who will most likely be selected earlier than he should be due to that rare blend of size and speed but he doesn't always play up to those impressive physical tools --- May be a poor-man's Darrius Heyward-Bey. that scares me

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR:
    Bill stocking up for '11 Draft. Two #1's and Two #2's next year.
    Posted by GrantW

Which will be used to stock up for 2012.

All this stocking up for the future never pays off unless at somepoint you actually USE the picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Taylor price is a future #1 receiver.  One of the most underrated players in the draft because he comes from a small school.  I've seen him play, seriously, this is a TREMENDOUS pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Wow didn't see this one at all. He's a raw WR that had a terrible senior bowl Taylor Price Strengths: Good height and bulk --- Smooth and athletic --- Excellent speed and acceleration with a burst --- Vertical threat who can separate --- Great ball skills and body control --- Terrific leaper --- Good strength --- Tough and not afraid to work across the middle --- Nice awareness --- Has a lot of confidence --- Mature --- Superb Work Ethic --- Durable --- Upside. Weaknesses: Does not have natural hands --- Marginal quickness and agility --- Not much wiggle and won't make people miss --- Still very raw as a route runner --- Limited experience as a return man --- Can be more physical and aggressive --- Isn't much  of  a blocker --- Just average production. Notes: Was a three-year starter for the Bobcats --- Named 2nd Team All-MAC in 2009 --- Averaged 17.9 yards with 0 touchdowns on 10 career kick returns and did not return a punt in college --- Was underutilized and never got consistent play from the quarterback position, which at least partially explains his lack of eye-popping statistics --- Earned positive reviews from many for his performance at the Senior Bowl --- Is straight-linish and plays a finesse game --- A classic "Workout Warrior" who will most likely be selected earlier than he should be due to that rare blend of size and speed but he doesn't always play up to those impressive physical tools --- May be a poor-man's Darrius Heyward-Bey . that scares me
    Posted by PatsEng

You said he had a terrible senior bowl, yet the exact scouting report you copy talks about his positive senior bowl.  He was a riser at the senior bowl and this scouting report is by far the most negative of the many I have seen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Taylor price is a future #1 receiver.  One of the most underrated players in the draft because he comes from a small school.  I've seen him play, seriously, this is a TREMENDOUS pick.
    Posted by pyegian

Especially with him being mentored by Moss, Holt & Patten!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

"A vastly underrated talent with exceptional athletic ability, Price toiled for a team that never established a passing attack, yet professional scouts hold him in high esteem.."

-Directly from NFL Draft Scout.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Who????  What about Scott Long?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Scott Long is rated much lower and was suspended twice for academics, not a guy BB will consider.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : Which will be used to stock up for 2012. All this stocking up for the future never pays off unless at somepoint you actually USE the picks.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Well we just drafted 5 players in the first 3 rounds.  And last year we drafted 6 players in the first 3 rounds.  We didn't USE those picks?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : Which will be used to stock up for 2012. All this stocking up for the future never pays off unless at somepoint you actually USE the picks.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Actually BB used MORE picks than he started with!!!
    NE didn't have a pick in the 3rd rnd and he still managed to pick 3 times in the 2nd rnd, once in the 3rd and get a 2nd for next year.
    I don't know if the picks will pan out but BB is a draftboard genius and to put it nicely you are far to be a genius.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Price is a great pick, one of the best route runners in the draft.  Good combination of speed and size, he will compete for the #3 could even get some looks as #2.  He is the same type WR Tory Holt is but faster.

As far as the 2011 2nd rounder, great trade.  The Patriots to that point had 14 picks, they are not going to draft 14 players.  They have 4 comp picks, 5 players already taken and another 4 picks (4th, 5th, 2 7th) I can see them using the 7th to move up in the 4th or 5th round.

Still some very good players, in the 7th there are a few DTs that have the size to line up as RDE. 

Draft so far A-, only - because I wanted Te'O drafted and he went to Philly.  Patriots got better today!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

" A vastly underrated talent with exceptional athletic ability, Price toiled for a team that never established a passing attack, yet professional scouts hold him in high esteem.." -Directly from NFL Draft Scout.com
    Posted by pyegian

That's the thing, there's a lot of "talent" coming from smaller schools but there is a reason why the talent went to a smaller school. Who knows if he will succeed or fail with the huge jump in defensive talent. I'm hoping he will succeed but the fact that he went to a team that wasn't known for developing WR's and never fully utilized them gets me nervous about the reason why a talented WR would go there. How will he react when he has to face the cream of the crop? He's more likely to be a decent #3 or #4 then a #1 so I'm not getting my hopes up just hoping he sticks with the team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Suddenly the Patriots future play makers on offense look like this: Taylor Price, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Rob Gronkowski.  Anyone else feeling a little better about the offense tonight?  I know I am.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : Actually BB used MORE picks than he started with!!! NE didn't have a pick in the 3rd rnd and he still managed to pick 3 times in the 2nd rnd, once in the 3rd and get a 2nd for next year. I don't know if the picks will pan out but BB is a draftboard genius and to put it nicely you are far to be a genius.
    Posted by FrogLegs

Bingo.

Adam_Schefter Today the Patriots have made four picks, four trades and came away with an extra 2 next year. Nobody works draft board better. #nfldfraft

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : That's the thing, there's a lot of "talent" coming from smaller schools but there is a reason why the talent went to a smaller school. Who knows if he will succeed or fail with the huge jump in defensive talent. I'm hoping he will succeed but the fact that he went to a team that wasn't known for developing WR's and never fully utilized them gets me nervous about the reason why a talented WR would go there. How will he react when he has to face the cream of the crop? He's more likely to be a decent #3 or #4 then a #1 so I'm not getting my hopes up just hoping he sticks with the team
    Posted by PatsEng

Your logic definitely makes sense but in this particular case, Price just stood out to me in a big way every time I saw him.  "Wow" came out of my mouth more than once.  For such a good athlete, he has surprisingly developed ball skills and savvy, and I'm not worried about the small school thing.  Jerry Rice was Division IAA.  Joe Flacco was too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Wow didn't see this one at all. He's a raw WR Taylor Price Strengths: Good height and bulk --- Smooth and athletic --- Excellent speed and acceleration with a burst --- Vertical threat who can separate --- Great ball skills and body control --- Terrific leaper --- Good strength --- Tough and not afraid to work across the middle --- Nice awareness --- Has a lot of confidence --- Mature --- Superb Work Ethic --- Durable --- Upside. Weaknesses: Does not have natural hands --- Marginal quickness and agility --- Not much wiggle and won't make people miss --- Still very raw as a route runner --- Limited experience as a return man --- Can be more physical and aggressive --- Isn't much  of  a blocker --- Just average production. Notes: Was a three-year starter for the Bobcats --- Named 2nd Team All-MAC in 2009 --- Averaged 17.9 yards with 0 touchdowns on 10 career kick returns and did not return a punt in college --- Was underutilized and never got consistent play from the quarterback position, which at least partially explains his lack of eye-popping statistics --- Earned positive reviews from many for his performance at the Senior Bowl --- Is straight-linish and plays a finesse game --- A classic "Workout Warrior" who will most likely be selected earlier than he should be due to that rare blend of size and speed but he doesn't always play up to those impressive physical tools --- May be a poor-man's Darrius Heyward-Bey . that scares me
    Posted by PatsEng
    He does not have natural hands? What kind of hands does he have? Dr. Strangelove hands?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

pyegian you def know your football so I'll trust your thinking, I'm just hoping that he doesn't suddenly get over his head when he can't seperate from a CB by a single move like he's use to

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : Actually BB used MORE picks than he started with!!! NE didn't have a pick in the 3rd rnd and he still managed to pick 3 times in the 2nd rnd, once in the 3rd and get a 2nd for next year. I don't know if the picks will pan out but BB is a draftboard genius and to put it nicely you are far to be a genius.
    Posted by FrogLegs

I am "far to be a genius"?  You may want to work on basic sentence structure when attacking intelligence in others.

If you trade a 2nd rounder for two 4th rounders you haven't necessarily improved your team.  (But we got TWO GUYS!)

If you trade a pick now for one for next year - that you will roll to 2012 - which will in turn be rolled for 3 lower picks in 2013; you haven't necessarily made a great move.  In fact constantly rolling picks for future picks is only smart if you are willing to trade up at some point for an impact player.

Since everyone says this is a deep draft - deferring picks to 2011 does not necessarily mean you have done something beneficial.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Is this guy another Deion Branch or another Bethel Johnson?  He's a deep threat but can he run all the underneath routes and make every catch?  Will he learn his playbook and give 100% effort?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

How tall is he?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How tall is he?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

around 6' - 6'1" between 200-215lbs