Pats get Taylor Price WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR:
    In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : I am "far to be a genius"?  You may want to work on basic sentence structure when attacking intelligence in others. If you trade a 2nd rounder for two 4th rounders you haven't necessarily improved your team.  (But we got TWO GUYS!) If you trade a pick now for one for next year - that you will roll to 2012 - which will in turn be rolled for 3 lower picks in 2013; you haven't necessarily made a great move.  In fact constantly rolling picks for future picks is only smart if you are willing to trade up at some point for an impact player. Since everyone says this is a deep draft - deferring picks to 2011 does not necessarily mean you have done something beneficial.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

What are you talking about?  When did we trade a 2nd for two fourths? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

6'0.5, 205...with 4.4 speed and great hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : I am "far to be a genius"?  You may want to work on basic sentence structure when attacking intelligence in others. If you trade a 2nd rounder for two 4th rounders you haven't necessarily improved your team.  (But we got TWO GUYS!) If you trade a pick now for one for next year - that you will roll to 2012 - which will in turn be rolled for 3 lower picks in 2013; you haven't necessarily made a great move.  In fact constantly rolling picks for future picks is only smart if you are willing to trade up at some point for an impact player. Since everyone says this is a deep draft - deferring picks to 2011 does not necessarily mean you have done something beneficial.

What second rounder got traded for two fourths? Why does a trade up have to be made to be beneficial? It's not beneficial to have three picks in the second round in a deep draft?

Fact is the Pats have made five picks through three rounds. How is that not using the picks? Unless a team makes trades (or has compensatory picks provided), they get ONE pick per round. Right now BB is being lauded for his mastery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Does he play Special Teams?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : He does not have natural hands? What kind of hands does he have? Dr. Strangelove hands?
    Posted by Sveltics

It means he doesn't have naturally soft hands and tends to catch the ball hard sometimes with his body. Example Moss has natural hands catching away from the body and you can't tell when the ball leaves the air and into his hands, very smooth. Graham (our former TE) had hard hands, sudden stops and uses his body to catch balls keeping his arms closer to the body.

EDIT: Welker also has harder hands choosing to catch the ball with his body. Not a bad thing but might miss some of the tougher catches

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : What are you talking about?  When did we trade a 2nd for two fourths? 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Wow.

It was an example.  An illustration of: you can't measure this by number of picks.

People are raving about having 13 picks this year.  FIVE of those are in the 7th round.

Trading down to stock up on lower rounds in 2010, 2011, and 2012 is not necessarily a good thing.

Seems like people are valuing quantity over quality a bit too much.

Last year tradng down cost us Oher or Clay Matthews.  Both made more impact than our trade down guys.

Quality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Pats get Taylor Price WR : Wow. It was an example.  An illustration of: you can't measure this by number of picks. People are raving about having 13 picks this year.  FIVE of those are in the 7th round. Trading down to stock up on lower rounds in 2010, 2011, and 2012 is not necessarily a good thing. Seems like people are valuing quantity over quality a bit too much. Last year tradng down cost us Oher or Clay Matthews.  Both made more impact than our trade down guys. Quality.

I might be wrong Schumpters but you are not happy with the Patriots draft this year and their draft philospophy.....LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Mike Lombardi just called the Pats draft the best so far this year. Who cares about the number of picks in the 7th round? Pats have made five picks in the first three rounds and are set up to do it again next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

No.  You aren't 100% correct.

I like the TE draft.  I like that BB has picked 3 defenders - and maybe they will all be all-pros.

I just get tired of the gushing, adoring posts about how smart "trading down" is.

Like everything else in life - IT DEPENDS.

Personally, I would rather have CJ Spiller than our first three picks.  I'd trade all three of them for Spiller right now. 

Next year when we have a top 6 pick (from Oak) and BB trades down; you will know what I am talking about.

I think some of the criticism about BB being too timid or playing it safe is valid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No.  You aren't 100% correct. I like the TE draft.  I like that BB has picked 3 defenders - and maybe they will all be all-pros. I just get tired of the gushing, adoring posts about how smart "trading down" is. Like everything else in life - IT DEPENDS. Personally, I would rather have CJ Spiller than our first three picks.  I'd trade all three of them for Spiller right now.  Next year when we have a top 6 pick (from Oak) and BB trades down; you will know what I am talking about. I think some of the criticism about BB being too timid or playing it safe is valid.

How is trading up for a 2nd round pick next year trading down?  The 7th rounders are compensatory, none of us care about them except that we know we'll find at least one gem (Edelman). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Schumpters trading down is smart if you have guys on the board you want to draft that you know will be there. Your talking like they have traded down and then miss out on selecting a guy like Kindel (sp). Maybe they don't have him on their board as someone they would even draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Schumpters trading down is smart if you have guys on the board you want to draft that you know will be there. Your talking like they have traded down and then miss out on selecting a guy like Kindel (sp). Maybe they don't have him on their board as someone they would even draft. 
    Posted by DaBlade

This I agree with.  They obviously think they can still get the guys they want and still trade down.

But they did miss on Oher and Matthews wth this philosophy.

It is always situational.