Pats Hosting Jake Locker for 2 Days! Real Interest or Smokescreen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Re: Pats Hosting Jake Locker for 2 Days! Real Interest or Smokescreen?

Think about it, there are a ton of teams that need a qb. the qb's this year arent great but are solid. Now BB shows e1 that he's looking at a qb, which makes other teams panic, thus making it easier to trade back and get better value for the picks. The  again when you say he wont he just may.......

Confused?, we'll thats what he wants
    always keep em guessing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I think we get another QB in this draft somewhere, but not to replace Tom Brady.  I like what Kylecleric said about them not drafting a replacement for Tom for another 2-3 years.  Especially if Tb is going to really try and play till he's fourty.

I think BB likes the trading power he gets out of his Tom Brady protigees.  That means Hoyers probably going to be for sale soon and maybe if we get a good prospect in the late rounds this year we can train him for a few years and turn him for a nice profit!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

If BB were to draft a QB early and put him through the TB QB School it should be:

Colin Kaepernick

Height: 6-5. Weight: 233.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
    Combine 40 Time: 4.53.
    Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.
    Hand: 9 5/8.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm guessing the reason for the extra day of interviews is to find out how smart Locker is,and you know BB has the chalkboard diagram of several plays he will show Locker on the first day and on the second day he will ask Jake to diagram the whole play. Who really knows whether it's a smokesscreen or actual interest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Hosting Jake Locker for 2 Days! Real Interest or Smokescreen?:
    [QUOTE]If BB were to draft a QB early and put him through the TB QB School it should be:   Colin Kaepernick Height: 6-5. Weight: 233. Projected 40 Time: 4.68. Combine 40 Time: 4.53. Pro Day 40 Time: DNP. Hand: 9 5/8.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I like Kaepernick if I had to take one in this years draft but the one to keep an eye on imo is Kirk Cousins out of Michigan State in 2012. He's not going to get a lot of national press because of the school but this kid is very smart with the ball, is really accurate, and has everything I look for in a future Brady replacement. He's the type of QB I want to draft to be Brady's, Rodgers or Young

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Not really a smokescreen at all.  If Locker passes BB's mental agility tests, then BB is prepared to take him at #28 and pay him to take up one of the 53 slots, sit on the bench for a year and learn from the master.   Assuming that Brady has a typical good year, Locker will probably be on the auction block for two first round picks next February.  What is a starting QB worth to a team?

Locker gets a yes from me simply because he has a great 3-cone time.

On second thought, Locker scored a 20 (below par) on his Wonderlic.  Duh.  The smokescreen idea suddenly looks a lot better.  BB wants other war rooms to think that BB might possibly take Locker himself at #28, so trade now and bid high as soon as #28 is on the clock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBREINGSAGAIN. Show BBREINGSAGAIN's posts

Ha, all you had to do was ask me and I will tell you what this is about.
    BB is looking at using Locker as a Locker.

If the Patriots have a lock out, then BB has no Locker to put his hoodie in. So by drafting  Locker BB then has a permanent Locker to use.

I've looked at Locker and trust me he is no quaterback I would want tossing my balls.

Now, what other questions do you have for the great Crusty, opps I mean Rusty

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Pats Hosting Jake Locker for 2 Days! Real Interest or Smokescreen?:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots are hosting Jake Locker Tuesday and Wednesday in Foxboro. Smokescreen ala Tim Tebow last year? Or real interest? I may be in the minority but I am thinking the Pats have real interest, and the info BB put out so early about pick 28 being available may in fact be the smokescreen. Hoping to catch Aaron Rodgers in a bottle? Thoughts? 
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Not Jake Locker

The scouting reports I read makes him seem like Drew Bledsoe 2.0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Next, QB Ryan Mallett is in town.  Now they have me just a tiny bit worried.  Is Brady's foot all right over the long run?  Is his knee all right?

However, I'd still go with the smokescreen argument if odds were being laid.  The rest of the NFL has to wonder the same thing that I wonder.  Is Brady's foot still in great shape?  How about that knee?  Is BB going to pick up his next franchise quarterback and leave them hanging with nothing?  By bringing these quarterbacks in, picks #28 and #33 become more valuable to a certain group of teams.  The real player evaluations are being done at pro days across the nation by the Patriots' own scouts.

The respective quarterbacks ask their agents about the smokescreen and their agents reply, "If you become the object of a bidding war and get drafted higher, we both make more loot, so just keep your yap closed."  That's why the QBs come to New England with a smile and a good haircut, knowing that they're not getting drafted here.