Pats Jets rivalry better than Sox Yanks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Pats Jets rivalry better than Sox Yanks?

In my opinion the Patriots/Jets rivalry has overtaken the Sox and Yankees rivalry.  With all the bad blood that has gone on between the two teams there is a genuine hatred for each other.  It all started with Belichick leaving the Jets at the alter for the Patriots.  It cooled off a little bit but then picked up when Mangini burned bridges out the door leaving for the Jets.  Then ratting out Belichick and the Pats about spygate.  In walks Rex Ryan and his big ego adding fuel to the fire with all his trash talk.  The rivalry has been dominated by the Pats last decade but recently the Jets have gotten a few on them to even things out.  I think this game is going to be the biggest in a long time on Monday night.  Both teams genuinely hate each other and you don't see that every day in sports.  Both teams are total opposites in the way they do things. 
    Compared to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry I think the Pats/Jets have overtaken them.  No doubt the Sox/Yanks playoff series' in 03 & 04 were great but since then the series has been a let down.  Who do you hate more Jeter/A-Rod or Ryan/Sanchez?  I'd like to hear everyone's take.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Pats Jets rivalry better than Sox Yanks?

It really didn't become a rivalry until Mangenius and now Big Rex. It's Boston-New York but to me that's all. I despise the Dolphins in that division a lot more then the Jets. Red Sox-Yankees will always have the disdain at least among the fans. In contrast the Dodgers-Giants rivalry was among the fans and the players more then Sox-Yanks. They have hated each other on two coasts, two cities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

i dunno; it started for me when parcells defected during the '96 SB bye week...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Jets rivalry better than Sox Yanks?:
    [QUOTE]i dunno; it started for me when parcells defected during the '96 SB bye week...
    Posted by fatsam72[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. And then Curtis Martin left after Parcells. (Never should have let him go. Even 3 Super Bowl victories later it was still a mistake) That did heat it up but then it kind of faded again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

maybe you youngin don't remember a guy named Bill Parcells used to coach the NEP's. Took a job with the NYJ's before the season was over. After letting the Pats falter in SB 31 1996, He then flew home on the Jets Jet... and the rivalry was born. BP mostly got the best of the Pats. he started by getting Curtis Martin to come to the dark side. In all fairness the Pats had written Martin off because of injury. But it was the start of it all... 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here is why it is not better.

Yanks and Sox have both been top 5 teams for the better part of a decade. Only Pats can say that in the AFC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed.

Overall, 100 years worth of Sox/Yanks, no. 

Right now, in 2010?  Yes.  

The fact the Jets have coined themselves the best in the AFC and going to and winning a SB this year, comes off as incredibly arrogant, but they have been behaving like this for a while now, too.

As someone mentioned January of 1997, talking to Parcells during the SB, cheating, being docked a draft pick, etc.

And then the whole Spygate thing as they try to find ways to make themselves look better to rally and sell PSLs to gain momentum towards a SB run.

NE and NYJs are about as polar opposites as you can get here, in my opinion.

The Yanks, obviously as a Sox fan, I cannot stand them, but obviously their tradition is great and I respect them.   Sort of like the Canadiens.  Except I have  less respect for Montreal.  Cannot stand the Canadiens and their lame fans. My word, do they have such goofy fans or what?

I digress.

I just wish Yankee fans would realize the Sox once owned the Yanks until the checkbook became the best weapon for them in 1920. hehe

Now, that the Sox have had a checkbook since 2002, it's become a better rivalry, better than the 1970s or 1940s, for that matter.

In the end, the Jets and Pats organizations hate each other and it makes for a great side backstory.

But, only one is jealous of the other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Booooooo!  Booooo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Pats-Colts is better

I recall the rivalry starting in '86 when the Jest were 10-1, the Pats were 7-3 and Paul Maguire said the jest would lose every game the rest of the way. The Pats won the division, I was at Sullivan Stadium during the Pats Jets when the Pats cama back from 28-0 or something but fell short by 3 as Dave Henderson sent the 1986 ALCS into Game 6 (or at least extra innings in Game 5) with a 2 out 2 run HR.  They almost met in the 86 AFC Championship Game as the Jets almost beat the Browns to come to New England as the Pats were almost about to beat the Broncos.

But alas, the rivalry really had 20+ years before it was to heat up, but it has been there, maybe simmering, but it has been alive.

I think anyone should remember they had a rivalry from the '80's to '90's pre-Parcells, it was just a tree falling in the woods that no one was there to hear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

oh and another thing, with guys like Jeter and Rivera - it's kind of hard to hate the New Yankees.  I feel sorry for A-Rod more than hate him, I can't get worked up to hate him.

BUT, the young Boss, Billy Martin, Phil Rizutto in the booth, Munson, Nettles, Reggie, Catfish - Now those guys you could REALLY HATE!!! so much so, that you really miss them today - why can't we get guys like that again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]Every thing NFL is better then anything baseball always and forever so yes the Jets/Pats rivalry is much better then the Sox /Yanks. The Pats/Colts is also better. Baseball s*cks.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

well baseball s*cks in your oppion,that doesnt make it a fact when red sox/yanks go back too early 1900s and always been heated ,with the trade of  the babe and the curse, then the money yankees spent digging up a red sox jersey in the new staudium  when one of the workers buried it under 1st base .So dont use oppion on this subject use facts and the length of a rivarly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Yes we all remember Parcells and Curtis Martin.  However Parcells turned around this franchise and righted the ship.  It's hard to hate the guy for that.  We all knew he jumped from team to team and couldn't stay in one spot.  Yes that did get the rivalry going on our end with the Jets swooping in before the superbowl but Belichick leaving the Jets was payback and then the war was on. 

Yes over the last century the Sox/Yanks was a better rivalry but I'm talking about right now.  In my opinion right now the Pats/Jets are the better rivalry.  For the naysayers tell me something that even happened in the last 5 years to sway it towards the Sox/Yanks. 

Lets face it football is a much better product than baseball and it has been proven all across the country. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

well as a pats fan and redsox fan all new york teams are hated  but I dont know this for fact but if looked up iam pretty sure the redsox yankee games have higher ratings over all

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The only thing that ticked me off about Parcells was that during the two weeks after we beat the Jaquars, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Even if he knew he and Kraft were parting ways he should have kept his mouth shut for the team. We would have lost to the Packers anyway but I'm sure it was on the players minds. And of course he took BB with him to New York but then we took him back. That added to it also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Green New Jersey is a relative Johnny-Come-Lately.

They've got a fair country distance to make up before they're even in the discussion with the Dolphins.

The Jests will have to mulitply the recent disdain by about a hundred before it equals Red Sox -- Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Pats Jets rivalry better than Sox Yanks?:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion the Patriots/Jets rivalry has overtaken the Sox and Yankees rivalry.  With all the bad blood that has gone on between the two teams there is a genuine hatred for each other.  It all started with Belichick leaving the Jets at the alter for the Patriots.  It cooled off a little bit but then picked up when Mangini burned bridges out the door leaving for the Jets.  Then ratting out Belichick and the Pats about spygate.  In walks Rex Ryan and his big ego adding fuel to the fire with all his trash talk.  The rivalry has been dominated by the Pats last decade but recently the Jets have gotten a few on them to even things out.  I think this game is going to be the biggest in a long time on Monday night.  Both teams genuinely hate each other and you don't see that every day in sports.  Both teams are total opposites in the way they do things.  Compared to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry I think the Pats/Jets have overtaken them.  No doubt the Sox/Yanks playoff series' in 03 & 04 were great but since then the series has been a let down.  Who do you hate more Jeter/A-Rod or Ryan/Sanchez?  I'd like to hear everyone's take.
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Still preferred the Celtics-76ers rivalry or the Bruins/Canadians or Bruins/Flyers.....

In the past 10 years or so, the Patriots/Colts are a better rivalry

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In baseball the division rivals play 19 times plus playoffs, football is so much better with two highly anticipated game plus a possible playoff matchup. Baseball is game amongst gentlemen, football is a border war at least between New England and NY it is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Every thing NFL is better then anything baseball always and forever so yes the Jets/Pats rivalry is much better then the Sox /Yanks. The Pats/Colts is also better. ...
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I look at it. Nothing against baseball, I follow it and all that, but it can't hold a candle to the NFL. Just look at the TV ratings. Problem with baseball these days and especially the Yanks/Sox is the games are just too long. They take too many pitches. I'm not patient enough to sit through a whole game any more. And they play each other too often, it becomes routine, not that big of a deal.