Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!

He was the best reciever in football 2 years ago. He already knows our passing system and you got him on the cheap. Maybe  the rest of these teams aren't paying attention. It's going to be an interesting season. Just tighten up that D at cornerback and DE and we have a winner for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!

In Response to Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!:
    [QUOTE]He was the best reciever in football 2 years ago. He already knows our passing system and you got him on the cheap. Maybe  the rest of these teams aren't paying attention. It's going to be an interesting season. Just tighten up that D at cornerback and DE and we have a winner for years to come.
    Posted by sandylolead[/QUOTE]

Was he the best WR last year and the year before?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!

Ok, saying he is the best is excessive. Yes he had amazing numbers in 2010, but he was not the best (past statistics).

However, I will say this: I think the people who say "He only had one good year" haven't looked close enough at his play last year. He switched teams midseason, going from a Broncos team that was a mess to a Rams team with no consistency at the QB position (Bradford constantly hurt, stuck with backup QBs throwing the ball to him) and a poor o-line that couldn't give their QB proper time to throw. Yet in 15 games, the guy still managed 70 receptions for 966 yards. I'd call that a good year IMO.

I think he will have a big impact on this offense with his ability to go deep and work the sidelines. I still want to see us establish a running game that people need to plan for (maybe check on what the Panthers want for J. Stewart). Can you imagine Lloyd and a threatening run game combined? Good luck to opposing defenses stopping the run, covering Lloyd AND protecting the middle from Gronk, Wes, and Hern.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

We'll see how he measures up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm assuming he'll help us - he's had two good seasons in a row, you got to think he could give you 70 catches with Brady throwing it to you. I was a bit shocked to read that he ran a 4.6 coming into the league and I'm sure it's worse now, but the few times I've watched him the guy looks fluid and fast enough. We needed somebody like this, Branch was running on fumes and Ocho was a bomb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

He put up those numbers in Denver 2 years ago with a mediocre quarterback and no other good recievers around him on that team. He was the center of attention. What do you think he is going to do with a great quarteback and other good receivers around him. Watch the guy play for more than one minute on the highlight reel. This kid has some serious talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm assuming he'll help us - he's had two good seasons in a row, you got to think he could give you 70 catches with Brady throwing it to you. I was a bit shocked to read that he ran a 4.6 coming into the league and I'm sure it's worse now, but the few times I've watched him the guy looks fluid and fast enough. We needed somebody like this, Branch was running on fumes and Ocho was a bomb.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

His hands are tremendous, I saw a few one handed grabs of his and dives that were crazy, and he knows how to work the sidelines, get two feet inbounds on catches only the receiever can maek (so no chance of an INT).

If he can catch the 70 for 900 he did in his split-season last year with mediocre QB play, then that'd be great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There is no doubt that he has talent. There is also no doubt that he is on the same page with Josh McDaniels,so now all he has to do is assimilate to the Patriots version of that same offense. Don't forget that the Patriots are bringing in Daniel Fells on monday and he to is a former Bronco/Ram. I actually think the Patriots are going to use Hernandez out of the backfield more next year,call me crazy but that's what I think. Could you all envision an attack with Lloyd at the X wr,Welker at the Z slot reciever,and whomever survives at the Y Wr! With Hernandez running circle routes out of the backfield,and Gronk running Seam routes,with Fells running unders my God heaven help the defenses that have to defend that lineup!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Overreact much. It was a great signing. Best WR in football? Yeah. No.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

Brady made Gaffney look like a superstar. What do you think he is going to do with someone who really has some talent. Watch and learn. Mark my words. By halfway through the season. The other teams are going to be asking. Who is the idiot that let them get LLoyd. LMAO. No overreaction. Just plain fact.
    This guy is not a Randy Moss either, who would make a half a** attempt at catching passes over the middle. This guy is a ball hawk. If its near him, he is going to get it. Reminds me alot of Ed Reed of Baltimore. If its in his neighborhood. It belongs to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Re: Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!!:
    [QUOTE]Ok, saying he is the best is excessive. Yes he had amazing numbers in 2010, but he was not the best (past statistics). However, I will say this: I think the people who say "He only had one good year" haven't looked close enough at his play last year. He switched teams midseason, going from a Broncos team that was a mess to a Rams team with no consistency at the QB position (Bradford constantly hurt, stuck with backup QBs throwing the ball to him) and a poor o-line that couldn't give their QB proper time to throw. Yet in 15 games, the guy still managed 70 receptions for 966 yards. I'd call that a good year IMO. I think he will have a big impact on this offense with his ability to go deep and work the sidelines. I still want to see us establish a running game that people need to plan for (maybe check on what the Panthers want for J. Stewart). Can you imagine Lloyd and a threatening run game combined? Good luck to opposing defenses stopping the run, covering Lloyd AND protecting the middle from Gronk, Wes, and Hern.
    Posted by AyyyBoston[/QUOTE]

It would be an offense that's not only balanced but dominating! Bill knows the teams weaknesses and each year he attempts to fix them. He's done a great job building this team but it takes time.

Hopefully the new group of guys that join the team add to the great chemistry they had last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Gaffney looked like a superstar? Really? Quit while your ahead. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

[QUOTE]Gaffney looked like a superstar? Really? Quit while your ahead. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Thought you would get a good laugh out of that one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]Overreact much. It was a great signing. Best WR in football? Yeah. No.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have to be great. He just needs to be where Brady expects him to be and most likely he'll be open. Everything I've read on him is that he's a great route runner. So when the other team's defense has to double Gronk and Welker they'll still have to deal with Hernandez and Lloyd. Like many here have said it's what we expected from Chad and didn't get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is impossible. You can't have just picked up the best receiver in football when you already have him. His name is Gronkowski.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

love sandyload's enthusiasm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Ok, I bit.  I was excited when I saw the title of this thread.

I thought the Pats had just acquired Calvin Johnson.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Let's put it this way, we have the best TE in football in Gronk.  The best QB in football, the best slot receiver and a top 6 WR in Lloyd.  Now if we can just keep other teams off the score board, we should be fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I bit.  I was excited when I saw the title of this thread.  I thought the Pats had just acquired Calvin Johnson.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Megatron is not human. You would have to kill someone to get him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'll assume you're being sarcastic as Brandon Lloyd never has been and never will be the best receiver in football.

What he is, is a quality receiver that can play outside the numbers and has a good track record of production in McD's offense... which is all I really care about.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats just picked up the best receiver in football, and nobody seemed to notice. Wow!!! : His name is Calvin Johnson actually
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have to agree with you on that. Larry Fitzgerald isn't bad either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Man I thought you was talking bout MooneyMan. You disappointed me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zchowdary. Show Zchowdary's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvyQuLPKDM

Enjoy.