Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense:
    TexasPat3, why argue with TOOLS there inanimate objects.
    Posted by toolfinder

He isn't arguing....only a tool would think that a civil discussion was an arguement.....LOL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Here are the UFR: Pos Pos Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team Signed Team LS 1 James Dearth UFA 9 6-4/270 Tarleton State NY Jets   DE NR Marques Douglas UFA 8 6-2/292 Howard NY Jets   K 6 Jay Feely UFA 9 5-10/210 Michigan NY Jets   TE 19 Ben Hartsock UFA 6 6-4/264 Ohio State NY Jets NY Jets RB 3 Thomas Jones UFA 10 5-10/215 Virginia NY Jets Kansas City FB 4 Tony Richardson UFA 15 6-1/238 Auburn NY Jets NY Jets CB 5 Lito Sheppard UFA 8 5-10/194 Florida NY Jets   CB 26 Donald Strickland UFA 7 5-10/185 Colorado NY Jets San Diego There are 8, they lost 2 and resigned 2.....there are 4 more holes....A good LS, K and an ok CB. There are 2 RFA that are the only ones worth anything: Pos Pos Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team Signed Team QB 9 Kellen Clemens RFA 4 6-2/223 Oregon NY Jets   WR 5 Braylon Edwards RFA 5 6-3/215 Michigan NY Jets   MLB 16 Ryan Fowler RFA 6 6-3/250 Duke NY Jets   DT NR Howard Green RFA 5 6-2/320 LSU NY Jets   OT NR Wayne Hunter RFA 6 6-5/303 Hawaii NY Jets   WR 24 Brad Smith RFA 4 6-2/210 Missouri NY Jets   S 20 Eric Smith RFA 4 6-1/205 Michigan State NY Jets NY Jets RB 4 Leon Washington RFA 4 5-8/202 Florida State NY Jets   Washington and Edwards...... You are correct, they have not lost these players, I never assumed that they did....BUT they are FREE AGENTS...meaning that they are NOT ON THE TEAM ANYMORE.  Thus the Team HAS NOT IMPROVED! I still don't understand how you can say a team improved when it is missing people....It baffles me.
    Posted by m1021us

You are twisting words to suit your argument. You previously stated that the Ravens had 19 holes to replace...and something to the effect of "what are they going to do...replace them with 19 tackling dummies?"

Lets examine your list. First of all, there are only 8 unrestricted free agents. Only two were starters...and one of them...WR Derrick Mason, has resigned. The other 11 are restricted...which means that they may very well remain Ravens...or that, if the Ravens chose to let them go...they'll receive some sort of compensation, either in draft choices, or players.

According to your "logic", the Ravens gained two players, and lost 4. So...they are not any better...but worse. OK...What if the Patriots lost 4 guys on their roster...Aiken, Alexander, Crable, and Wheatley...and picked up Julius Peppers and Anquan Boldin? A bad move? Would the Pats be worse?

So...the Ravens, according to you, lost a good LS, a kicker, a decent CB...yet added a decent WR, and pro-bowl caliber WR. Are they worse off?? LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      You are twisting words to suit your argument. You previously stated that the Ravens had 19 holes to replace...and something to the effect of "what are they going to do...replace them with 19 tackling dummies?"      Lets examine your list. First of all, there are only 8 unrestricted free agents. Only two were starters...and one of them...WR Derrick Mason, has resigned. The other 11 are restricted...which means that they may very well remain Ravens...or that, if the Ravens chose to let them go...they'll receive some sort of compensation, either in draft choices, or players.      According to your "logic", the Ravens gained two players, and lost 4. So...they are not any better...but worse. OK...What if the Patriots lost 4 guys on their roster...Aiken, Alexander, Crable, and Wheatley...and picked up Julius Peppers and Anquan Boldin? A bad move? Would the Pats be worse?      So...the Ravens, according to you, lost a good LS, a kicker, a decent CB...yet added a decent WR, and pro-bowl caliber WR. Are they worse off?? LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

OOPS....I am confusing conversations.....I was posting the Jets free agents....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Texas

I'm suprised at your pesimism.

The pats retained key players and we have a lot of young players that will be going into years 2 and 3 of their careers.  The Pats are in fact in the midst of a rebuilding project that began for real last year.

The draft is coming up and several positions can be addresed and don't forget that we get the 1st round Seynoiur pick next year. 

I would say that the future looks pretty bright to me as does the present.

dboss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : OOPS....I am confusing conversations.....I was posting the Jets free agents....
    Posted by m1021us

The TOOLS forgive your ignorance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Texas I'm suprised at your pesimism. The pats retained key players and we have a lot of young players that will be going into years 2 and 3 of their careers.  The Pats are in fact in the midst of a rebuilding project that began for real last year. The draft is coming up and several positions can be addresed and don't forget that we get the 1st round Seynoiur pick next year.  I would say that the future looks pretty bright to me as does the present. dboss
    Posted by dboss

dboss:

I'm not saying that the Pats are done, or that they sux. What I'm saying is that, as currently constructed, they are not a legitimate SB contender. Call it pessimism if you like...but I call it being realistic, and objective. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : The TOOLS forgive your ignorance.
    Posted by toolfinder

Thanks tool.....ignorance is a bliss....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      Still waiting for the names of this alleged list of 19...and, if this alleged list of 19 does indeed exist...information as to whether the 19 are restricted or unrestricted free agents? You can't get away with just saying things, and not backing those statements up. So...please do...if you can.      Furthermore, even if what you're saying is true, how do you know that they are going to lose some, or any of these players? Assuming that they'll lose them all is silly.      
    Posted by TexasPat3

Here you are, Baltimore's Free agent list:

PosNameTypeYrHt/WtCollege2009 TeamSigned Team
    DT7Justin BannanUFA86-3/305ColoradoBaltimoreDenver
    DE18Dwan EdwardsUFA66-3/315Oregon StateBaltimoreBuffalo
    WR9Derrick MasonUFA135-10/192Michigan StateBaltimoreBaltimore
    TE8L.J. SmithUFA76-3/258RutgersBaltimore 
    WRNRDavid TyreeUFA76-0/206SyracuseBaltimore 
    CBNRFrank WalkerUFA75-11/196TuskegeeBaltimore 

They have 6 UFA, lost a good DT and an average DE, resigned Mason, and still have a decent TE out there....the other 2 are not worthy.

PosNameTypeYrHt/WtCollege2009 TeamSigned Team
    OLBNRAntwan BarnesRFA36-1/240Florida InternationalBaltimore 
    QBNRJohn BeckRFA36-2/216BYUBaltimore 
    OGNRChris ChesterRFA46-3/302OklahomaBaltimore 
    WR16Mark ClaytonRFA55-10/195OklahomaBaltimore 
    K12Billy CundiffRFA76-1/207DrakeBaltimore 
    OT5Jared GaitherRFA36-9/330MarylandBaltimore 
    TENREdgar JonesRFA36-3/263Southeast Missouri StateBaltimore 
    P2Sam KochRFA45-11/225NebraskaBaltimore 
    S5Dawan LandryRFA46-0/220Georgia TechBaltimore 
    FB1Le'Ron McClainRFA36-0/260AlabamaBaltimore 
    OTNRTony MollRFA46-5/306NevadaBaltimore 
    QBNRTroy SmithRFA36-0/215Ohio StateBaltimore 
    OT27Adam TerryRFA56-8/330SyracuseBaltimoreIndianapolis
    CB4Fabian WashingtonRFA55-11/180NebraskaBaltimore 
    WRNRKelley WashingtonRFA76-3/215TennesseeBaltimore 
    WR22Demetrius WilliamsRFA46-2/197OregonBaltimore 
    OT29Marshal YandaRFA36-3/310IowaBaltimore  

As for the RFA, they have 17....but lost an OT to Indy.

So, out of the 23 free agents, 3 are gone and 1 resigned....that leaves 19 people who are still FREE AGENTS. 

They have not improved with this many people in the air.....

This is like saying that New Orleans has not improved or lost anything...when they have 28 Free agents....

I would also like to add this from Yahoo:

While the wide receiver position grew stronger, Baltimore's defensive line got depleted. Starting defensive end Dwan Edwards signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent, and backup defensive tackle Justin Bannan joined the Denver Broncos. The departure of Edwards creates the only hole in the Ravens' starting lineup. Baltimore will either replace Edwards with Paul Kruger, a second-round pick in 2009, or a draft pick. Top defensive end prospects such as Penn State's Jared Odrick, Florida's Carlos Dunlap and Michigan's Brandon Graham should be available when the Ravens pick in the first round (25th overall selection).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      dboss:      I'm not saying that the Pats are done, or that they sux. What I'm saying is that, as currently constructed, they are not a legitimate SB contender. Call it pessimism if you like...but I call it being realistic, and objective. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Then neither is Indy, Pitt, or New Orleans.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Here you are, Baltimore's Free agent list:   Pos Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team Signed Team DT 7 Justin Bannan UFA 8 6-3/305 Colorado Baltimore Denver DE 18 Dwan Edwards UFA 6 6-3/315 Oregon State Baltimore Buffalo WR 9 Derrick Mason UFA 13 5-10/192 Michigan State Baltimore Baltimore TE 8 L.J. Smith UFA 7 6-3/258 Rutgers Baltimore   WR NR David Tyree UFA 7 6-0/206 Syracuse Baltimore   CB NR Frank Walker UFA 7 5-11/196 Tuskegee Baltimore   They have 6 UFA, lost a good DT and an average DE, resigned Mason, and still have a decent TE out there....the other 2 are not worthy.   Pos Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team Signed Team OLB NR Antwan Barnes RFA 3 6-1/240 Florida International Baltimore   QB NR John Beck RFA 3 6-2/216 BYU Baltimore   OG NR Chris Chester RFA 4 6-3/302 Oklahoma Baltimore   WR 16 Mark Clayton RFA 5 5-10/195 Oklahoma Baltimore   K 12 Billy Cundiff RFA 7 6-1/207 Drake Baltimore   OT 5 Jared Gaither RFA 3 6-9/330 Maryland Baltimore   TE NR Edgar Jones RFA 3 6-3/263 Southeast Missouri State Baltimore   P 2 Sam Koch RFA 4 5-11/225 Nebraska Baltimore   S 5 Dawan Landry RFA 4 6-0/220 Georgia Tech Baltimore   FB 1 Le'Ron McClain RFA 3 6-0/260 Alabama Baltimore   OT NR Tony Moll RFA 4 6-5/306 Nevada Baltimore   QB NR Troy Smith RFA 3 6-0/215 Ohio State Baltimore   OT 27 Adam Terry RFA 5 6-8/330 Syracuse Baltimore Indianapolis CB 4 Fabian Washington RFA 5 5-11/180 Nebraska Baltimore   WR NR Kelley Washington RFA 7 6-3/215 Tennessee Baltimore   WR 22 Demetrius Williams RFA 4 6-2/197 Oregon Baltimore   OT 29 Marshal Yanda RFA 3 6-3/310 Iowa Baltimore   As for the RFA, they have 17....but lost an OT to Indy. So, out of the 23 free agents, 3 are gone and 1 resigned....that leaves 19 people who are still FREE AGENTS.  They have not improved with this many people in the air..... This is like saying that New Orleans has not improved or lost anything...when they have 28 Free agents.... I would also like to add this from Yahoo: While the wide receiver position grew stronger, Baltimore's defensive line got depleted. Starting defensive end Dwan Edwards signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent, and backup defensive tackle Justin Bannan joined the Denver Broncos. The departure of Edwards creates the only hole in the Ravens' starting lineup. Baltimore will either replace Edwards with Paul Kruger, a second-round pick in 2009, or a draft pick. Top defensive end prospects such as Penn State's Jared Odrick, Florida's Carlos Dunlap and Michigan's Brandon Graham should be available when the Ravens pick in the first round (25th overall selection).
    Posted by m1021us

Thanks for the info.. The Ravens offense should be much more balanced in 2010...which makes the Ravens a better team...sorry. Their DL losses are somewhat of an issue, but Paul Kruger should be able to plug the gap left by Edwards. The great majority of the 19 are restricted free agents. So...they'll be able to keep them if they want to...or elect to accept compensation.

The main problem that I see with the Ravens is age of the defensive side of the ball. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are both in their middle thirties...and can't go on forever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      Thanks for the info.. The Ravens offense should be much more balanced in 2010...which makes the Ravens a better team...sorry. Their DL losses are somewhat of an issue, but Paul Kruger should be able to plug the gap left by Edwards. The great majority of the 19 are restricted free agents. So...they'll be able to keep them if they want to...or elect to accept compensation.        The main problem that I see with the Ravens is age of the defensive side of the ball. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are both in their middle thirties...and can't go on forever.
    Posted by TexasPat3
    texas- m1021 wont anwser your question.he will by-pass it with an insult.this is his way of doing things when you put him in a spot.this is why he throws the insults because he dosent have a good anwser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : texas- m1021 wont anwser your question.he will by-pass it with an insult.this is his way of doing things when you put him in a spot.this is why he throws the insults because he dosent have a good anwser.
    Posted by mosseffect43

moss:

Lets' cut m1021 some slack. He, like some other posters, get a bit defensive when you differ with them. I guess they interpret that as some kind of personal attack. Its' OK to disagree, so long as the discussion stays civil...and 1021 has shown more civility, at least towards me, in his last few posts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont have anything against anyone.i like everyone here,and everyones input.and respect everyones opinion,but dont blast someone if your views are diffrent then there's.I could see if it was a subject that if someone was to say brady or BB needs to go,but when it comes to talking about other teams or players.then share your opinions.no reason to insult a person over it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Also, be prepared for teams to cut some players they couldn't trade. This is where BB thrives. They have dossiers on players they have liked through the years who fit the mold. Now, when they get cut at age 30 and need a team and want a chance at a ring, they all of a sudden become available.   Some teams have two 1st round picks in this draft, which actually is not a good thing in a DEEP draft.  Those will be expensive picks, for example.  I don't think some people truly understand the cap strcuture, the big picture, and how they manage/approach things in NE.   There are some teams that make splashes year after year, overpay and then end up .500. Look at the Jets. That's a .500 team.
    Posted by russgriswold

Couldn't agree more, Russ. Sometimes, the best moves are the ones you don't make. Boldin and peppers both fall into that catagory, IMHO.

So many on this board have been crying the blues because the pats haven't signed every FA out there. But just as important we didn't loose anyone to FA either. We signed all of our own FAs and finally got rid of others ( like the perennial underachieving watson).

We made a good pickup with crumpler as a blocking TE, and I'm sure we'll pick up a pass catching TE in the draft. I have a feeling that BB covets Gresham. 

We're in the cat-bird seat for this draft and next year's draft. What's everyone complaining about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Isn't this what happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR?  The times we went out and busted the bank for a some FA, did it work?  I can't think of any, and no, I'm not counting Moss because he was a trade.  Last one I can remember was Rodney, and he didn't cost us alot.  Even so, I can remember people SCREAMING MAD because we didn't get Lawyer Milloy and new contract and let him go, keeping the "washed up has been" safety instead.  Milloy got his big contract from Atlanta, we got 2 more superbowls and Rodney was an important part of those teams and a true leader.  I was one of those ignorant morons then, but I have learned.  I have also learned that teams wax and wane, and we had two down years, I think we are done with that.  Brady looks to be fully recovered, I don't think Welker will be back but Edelman will have another year to "become" him. Tyrone McKenzie finally ready to take the field, and we now will be ready to move on from Wilhite/Wheatley. WE KEPT LEIGH BODDEN!!!!!!!!!!!    Lots of new players coming into their second year, big HUGE draft class, we are sitting on a mountain of picks, IM HOT FOR 2010 AND LOVING WHAT WE HAVE DONE.