Pats/Ravens flexed to 4:25pm game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pats/Ravens flexed to 4:25pm game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/10/bears-eagles-flexed-into-prime-time-week-16/

Interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Pats/Ravens flexed to 4:25pm game.

Yeah that makes zero sense. NBC should fire the computer that told them they'd make more money with that game 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I guess this is ratings driven, but the weird thing is that the Pats/Ravens game has far bigger implications for the AFC than the Bears/Eagles in NFC. 

In other words, Pats and Ravens are two teams besides the Broncos most likely to do damage in the AFC, whereas in the NFC the Saints, Seahawks, and others are more important than Bears/Eagles

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am shocked by this to be honest.  Pats/Ravens has always been a pretty big draw and it will probably have the same if not more playoff implications than Eagles/Bears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I can understand people want to see Eagles/Bears but Pats/Ravens is huge as well. Ravens won 4 of their last 5 I believe. Makes no sense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Doesn't really matter to me but I would have liked to see them play at the original time, love those Sunday evening Pats games.  As long as the Pats vs Dolphins game this week remains at 1pm est then I am good.Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

That's a surprise. The Pats/Ravens will be a big game. The Pats trying to hang on to the #2 seed, the Ravens trying to hang onto the #6 seed and the fact that the two teams hate each other makes it a fantastic match up.

I was thinking the Pats/Miami game would be bumped up to 4:25 as it's also a big game.

Now my Wife is very happy that I don't watch the night games as she says she can't sleep with me yelling and swearing at the TV.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Will this then be nationally televised?  I'm going to be out of town for the holidays?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm just going to throw this out there, probably a silly comment/question,  but do you think the injury to Gronk had any hand in this?  Maybe thinking the Pats Ravens game would be less thrilling?

Ok, flame away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm just going to throw this out there, probably a silly comment/question,  but do you think the injury to Gronk had any hand in this?  Maybe thinking the Pats Ravens game would be less thrilling?

Ok, flame away.

Interesting theory although my first reaction is that it is unlikely.  Was this the earliest they could flex?  If not I'll admit it seems a little strange that they flex it only after Gronk gets injured.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Will this then be nationally televised?  I'm going to be out of town for the holidays?

Check 506sports.com to see if it is on in your area. There are only a couple games in this time slot and I'm sure this game will have widest reach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It's likely to be a regional game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Check 506sports.com to see if it is on in your area. There are only a couple games in this time slot and I'm sure this game will have widest reach

[/QUOTE]

Would I be outta line asking why the Oprah picture?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

saw this bs eariler on twitter. what a joke. last two AFCCG games were these two teams... the last 4 regular season meetings have been decided by at least FGs. doesn't make sense. primetime games fire me up this is kind oof a let down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, flame away.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting theory although my first reaction is that it is unlikely.  Was this the earliest they could flex?  If not I'll admit it seems a little strange that they flex it only after Gronk gets injured.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for going easy on me there, pcmIV.  Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just did it as a joke - but it really bothers lots of people

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In Nj I am very happy

but Eagles Bears is on Fox and Raven - Pats on CBS

Do I don't understand why the eagles bears would mattter??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just did it as a joke - but it really bothers lots of people

[/QUOTE]

I'm not bothered by it...just was trying to figure out the connection.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In Nj I am very happy

but Eagles Bears is on Fox and Raven - Pats on CBS

Do I don't understand why the eagles bears would mattter??

[/QUOTE]

eagles bears is now on NBC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, flame away.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think your question was that far out there, TFB.  Gronk is an international phenomenon and networks have done more bizzare things with less reason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Apparently too early for that game but I'll check periodically.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, flame away.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think your question was that far out there, TFB.  Gronk is an international phenomenon and networks have done more bizzare things with less reason.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ATJ, I don't think it is totally off the wall but I could certainly see where some might think it is laughable to think that it is.  I too think Gronk is a big name, big attraction so I was just curious if anyone else might think this had at least a part of the decision.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I don't like to see this.  Playoff spots will be on the line and the 1pm games will be ending or just ended.

That gives the co-conspirators time to see how they can manipulate the game and rob the Pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I was perplexed and outraged when I got a text saying they flexed the game.  I have a few relatives from Mass. coming down to catch this game and they too are bummed that it was flexed. I was looking forward to an entire day of tailgating and a nice, brisk sunday night ass-whopping of the crows.  At least the chances of me being shot when leaving just got a bit slimmer.

Serious question: how does the Bears/Eagles game have greater playoff implications than the Pats/Ravens?  I could understand if either team was completely out of it, but they're not!!  The Pats are fighting for the #1 seed and the defending champion crows are getting hot like last year.  Just dumb.  I'm pissed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok, flame away.

[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking the same thing especially since most everyone think the Pats are toast now.