Pats-Ravens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Re: Pats-Ravens Game Thread

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 1/10/2010
    Geez. Can't even get a FG. Just depressing.

Looking forward to RS opening day.

Really, that will be even worse....at least the patriots made the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

I agree agcsbill... it seems that unless they blow teams out, this board is full of "they s.uck" comments.

I am sad they lost today... but I loved what I saw out of Edelman, and REALLY REALLY hope Wes returns to healthy quickly, as they should be great on the field together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Nice screen for no yards, down by 3 TD with 2 minutes left.  Put the backups in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

"Am I saying he had a great game? No. But to pin this on Brady is ridiculous."

Your kidding right? All of his picks were his own fault. The tipped balls were tipped because they were ducks. Didn't step up in the pocket against a 3 man rush when the outside man on his left penetrated that resulted in the strip fumble. Brady played more like Marsha Brady than Tom Brady today.
    At least we found a tough as nails receiver today. Edelman is as real as it gets. Double slots next year with Welker and Edelman, speed on the outside, and a tight end who can catch. Unstoppable short passing game. Get a pounder at RB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Jdon, Let's hope all those guys plus Thomas, Wilhite, Aiken, Woods, Etc. It's time for an overhaul and some coaching changes. Out with the bad, in with the good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/10/2010 4:03 PM EST
    First: 8/21/2009
    Last: 1/10/2010
    Why didn't Fred Taylor get more of a chance today?  They benched Maroney early, and did not even look at Taylor?

So who are seeing for the last time in a NE jersey?
    Watson, Maroney, Burgess . . . ?

I'd like to think Mankins and Wilfork will be back, but who knows.

Major changes are needed across the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

acgsbill you're absolutely right. thats aid, it's not 33 14 with 10 to go. i think it's inevitable that we are all talking about the draft starting this afternoon.

walton, the problem was both coaches and players.

players:

you can actually see that the ravens players are faster. ravens cover well, ne receivers are unable to separate. when ne completes a pass, ravens don't give up a lot of yards after catch. they get to the receiver quickly and man do they tackle well. on the other hand, a few times oday, rice stayed up despite four tackles s by ne defenders.

part of it is the they also are stronger...at the legs especially. ne really had difficulty getting to where they needed.

coaches:
    that start could not have been just because ravens players were better. ravens knew what all the plays that ne was going to run to start their game.

also, the sloppiness in excution on that qtr is partly inadequate attention to detail during practice. maybe i am wrong, but it sure did not look like those mistakes happened during those good years. and i remember the comments back in those years about how well the coaches taught the players. i am not sure it's happing as well now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Ravens deserve to win this game. Now, my NFL watching days are over. Nice adventure, laughs, drama, etc. Thanks guys and the Patriots! see you next year ^_^

..pass rush and the DB that's the key oh and a 3rd WR hehe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Pats Players that Deserve a Passing Grade today....

Edleman
    Faulk
    Morris
    Butler
    Slater
    WILFORK - Double Teamed all day long...
    TBC

Everyone else.... a big Fat "F".....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Fitting way to end the game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mercifully, it ends

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

PATHETIC PERFORMACE.........certainly not what we are used to!!!

EXPECT LOTS OF CHANGES THIS OFFSEASON

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Now I can start focusing in on the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

Cant wait till the draft and watch us trade out of the first Rd. and pick up some VALUE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

BB.................  please please... sign, draft or trade for something we do not have:

PLAYMAKERS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Hey Rick4Colts, you are about as pathetic as it gets.... If you are a colts fan, why are you here?  Get a life, you loser......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

that horrible 1st quarter did them in  and it was too much to come back from it just wasnt meant to be this year gotta take what we can from this game if anything and  come back locked and loaded for next season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

BB... your schemes aren't worth a S##T without the talent to carry them out..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Hopefully the Ravens win the AFC - they are the only team left that I can stand to see win it.

Brady didn't manage the game.  gave them a 24 - 0 lead. 

Hopefully Tom will cancel the GQ cover stories this off season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

OMG. Is this how the saeson ends? God I hope some big moves are in store for this off season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

It's really coaching more than anyhting else. When Charlie was calling the plays, Brady threw the ball around to the open man - seven or eight receivers caught the ball every game and it was someone different standing out each week. With Moss, the offense has become nearly one-dimensional (especially with Welker out). Not really all that hard to defend against, since the Pats' don't have any other features to the offense.

On defense, they haven't had a pass rush all year, and haven't been able to get off the field on 3rd down all year. They can't tackle. Their DB's never make plays on the ball. They never make halftime adjustments.

This is what you get without decent coordinators. And BB is to blame for that.

They didn't beat a good team ever this year. So now in the playoffs, it's not really all that surprising.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Yeah.... I can't stand the JETS, COLTS, CHARGES  .. In that order.
    I usually throw up in my mouth when I try to utter those 3 teams.

So.... go RAVENS next week !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

RXSMG.....You got it right. NO PLAYMAKERS. NONE. Youre not going to find a playmakers on the waiver wire. No passrush. No running game===No playoff wins. We won the division at 10-6.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hornet. Show Hornet's posts

This was not a team that was going to the Bowl, but everyone in New England believed they'd get to the second round.  And everyone everywhere else thought they'd be competitive with the Ravens.  Well, they weren't.  They looked like a team that didn't belong in the first round.  And maybe they didn't.

The silver lining is that maybe the region as well as the team will recognize that it's time to rebuild.  Brady won his first SB nine year ago.  He's got cracked ribs, a busted thumb, and a rebuilt knee.  These things don't heal in your thirties like they do in your twenties.  Maybe he has a couple good years left, but that's it.  Even at his healthiest, he needed runners and receivers that he doesn't now have.

The defense isn't what it was, either.  No way the Ravens scores thirty plus points on the defense of two to nine years ago.  No way. 

A tweak here and there is no longer enough, which is to say that the front office may no longer be what it was, either.  Do they see a rebuid is in order?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

The 2009 NE Patriots showed nor intensity...no heart

This is how it ends?  OMG  What an awful taste this season leaves in my mouth.

I was quite proud of the 2008 team and we didnt even make the playoffs.

Chr**t's sake.. you play all seaon to get into th playoffs and then you don't even show up?  It looked like this team as whole could not wait for ths season to end and go home.

NE fans dont expect a SB trophy every year BUT we do expect effort and heart..
    I saw neither all season.