Pats release TE Chris Baker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Pats release TE Chris Baker

That's quite a strange move considering their TE situation. 

Any idea?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Pats release TE Chris Baker

link?

wow if they did I would be really confused to why do it now?  The only reason I can think of is them taking his money and giving it to watson on a long term deal and then go after some players in the draft or some low rate fas

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

The Patriots and the TE position continues to baffle.  What are they looking for in a TE?  A blocker?  A reciever?  Something else?  Ben Coates and Russ Francis ain't walking through that door. 

Can anyone figure this out?  No Watson, no Baker, so who plays the position? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

They're not going to re-sign Watson either. This pretty much means we're drafting TE in April, which is great news. There are quite a few candidates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

AD and 2nd round for Olsen and a 5th?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Baker was a little dissapointing......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You don't need too link this breaking news,just read the front page of the Patriots site here at the Globe. The Patriots don't need Baker and his 2 million dollar contract for no production they could get that by keeping Watson! They have 2 TE's on the roster Rob Myers and Robbie Agnone,though limited in experience both spent the entire season on the Practice squad last year. Stephan Spach is a FA again, I'm pretty sure the Patriots are considering drafting a TE or they are planning on acquiring one,in either case neither Watson nor Baker are big losses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

that was the last thing i expected to happen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maybe BB is planning on getting Line men that can actually hold a block thus rendering the Blocking TE and the Colander Watson useless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I told you that they dont use the TE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Wow, another great signing in a long line of great singings!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

That's a terrible new. It means the Pats will draft a TE rather high and most probably waste a pick (ala Graham, Watson, Thomas, etc...). Cry

Like Rob, I also don't get how BB wants his TEs. Blockers? Receivers?
    Better use the pick on a lineman or a receiver.
    Someone should tell BB that Clark Kent will never be eligible for the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

We should have just kept Thomas. I don't understand it either because that's the last position we need to waste a pick right now considering we were loaded with talent there the past couple of years. 

What are we doing now? Just going to stick a lineman there and have an extra blocker for Brady? May as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Strange....who does Brady have now besides Moss?  Not too many veterans under contract as WRs, no TE's and Faulk is also a FA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Folks, WE ARE NOT GOING INTO SEPTEMBER WITH THIS ROSTER! Don't lose sight of that. I see people whining about who Brady has left now and who's going to pass, punt, kick, receive. Seriously, we're still ONE MONTH from the DRAFT!!!!!!!!

I also don't think they're stupid enough to waste a high pick on a TE so they're either looking middle rounds (this year is loaded with TE's from what I hear) or keep Watson (hope not)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IN AN EARLIER POST,I SERIOUSLY QUESTIONED THE MOVE OF TENDERING GOSTKOWSKI ONLY AT THE SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK LEVELNOW THE CUTTING OF BAKER WHO DID WHAT WAS ASKED OF HIM(BLOCK..TOTALLY NEGETING HIS RECEIVING SKILLS),AND OFF HE GOES JUST LIKE THOMAS LAST YEAR.BEN WATSON IS IN ALL LIKELYHOOD HEADED ELSEWHERE AS WELLONE CAN ONLY HOPE B.B. HAS THREE BETTER T.E.'S ON THEIR WAY.BAFFLING HIS SEEMING DISDAIN FOR HIS ON PLAYERS,INCLUDING GOSTKOWSKI AND,OF COURSEWILFOLK.ALSO,I MENTIONED EARLIER THAT IF THE PATS CONTINUE ON THIS TACK I WON'T BE ABLE TO THROW"IN BILL WE TRUST"IN THE FACE OF THE ANTI-PATS FANS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

dont know anything about these guys, but the pats still have tightends Rob Myers and Robbie Agnone... anything?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

they must be close to a deal with that bobby bouchard kid

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Does Olsen block?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Chris Baker is just another NFL tight end.  Nothing special about any aspect of his game.  Dime a dozen.  If its true that he had a bad attitude in the locker room, then the move makes sense.  None of us spent a single second in the Patriots locker room so we can't write off the impact that a bad attitude can have.  BB doesn't just release players for no reason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amazing that during training camp TE was a position of strength. Thomas, Watson, Baker, the bust they traded for from Tampa and a couple of practice squad guys that looked pretty good. If they draft a TE in the first round I'm going to hang myself, Brady won't throw to him anyways. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Pats release TE Chris Baker:
    I just dont get this, we trade for Alex Smith and we cut him. We draft David Thomas he has two injury seasons and we trade him and he wins a super bowl. We plan on letting Ben Watson take a walk and then we cut the best TE we have? And dont kid yourselves Chris Baker was the best TE we had, he was not a Dallas Clark but the man could block and catch it in the redzone and really what else are we looking for? This was a bad move.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Didn't we draft a promising kid Mills or something who we cut a couple years ago and the Vikings jumped on?

If so just another name to add to the the long list of W T F, do they have any clue what they are doing when it comes to the TE position?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Yeah that's weird. From a position of strength to they are all gone

Amazing that during training camp TE was a position of strength. Thomas, Watson, Baker, the bust they traded for from Tampa and a couple of practice squad guys that looked pretty good. If they draft a TE in the first round I'm going to hang myself, Brady won't throw to him anyways. 
    Posted by mthurl

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We don't need TEs, we use them to block anyway. Might as well sign an OLman and call him a TE. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

AD and 2nd round for Olsen and a 5th?
    Posted by Pats7393

How about AD and #53 to Chicago for Olsen and a 3rd?  Or Light for Olsen straight up?