Pats release Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Pats release Washington

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-DB-Justin-Green-to-active-roster-Release-RB-Leon-Washington/341f9ff6-675d-4a29-b81b-04cf34fed6c8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Pats release Washington

what a bust that turned out to be. guy just couldnt stay healthy. injury bug hit his age... sad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I actually forgot he was on the team, did any of the free agents from this off season work out?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-DB-Justin-Green-to-active-roster-Release-RB-Leon-Washington/341f9ff6-675d-4a29-b81b-04cf34fed6c8

[/QUOTE]

Certainly can understand this move. Wouldn't it have been nice to have Danny Woodhead still on the team?

The Pats need CB depth. But, really...is Justin Green the best option there that they can find? He's terrible.

What's Earthwind Moreland up to these days?...LOL!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Glad to see Boyce starting to return kicks last week.   Washington added ZERO to what Vereen/Boyce offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

It is about time.  Should have got rid of this guy long ago.  Would have loved to have kept Woodhead over him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Good i'm glad, he has provided nothing. Plus I liked Green in the preseason. I think he'll turn into a reliable backup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is about time.  Should have got rid of this guy long ago.  Would have loved to have kept Woodhead over him. 

[/QUOTE]

B-U-S-T-C-H-I-S-E

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the attention RUSTY/MELSWITT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

50% chance that Washington gets re-hired in perhaps a week or two.  BB needs one more working defensive back especially versus Peyton Manning, and to make it worse a bunch of DBs are somewhat injured.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This guy makes the Horrible signing Hall of Fame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Ty Law would be a better option than anyone they have now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually forgot he was on the team, did any of the free agents from this off season work out?

[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, Sudfeld emerged.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Washington's year rivaled that of Adrian Wilson's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Washington's year rivaled that of Adrian Wilson's.

[/QUOTE]

Bwhahaha!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

This guy makes the Horrible signing Hall of Fame.

[/QUOTE]

never liked or understood why they signed him in the first place. not a very good offseason for free agent signings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Leon had the fourth highest average last year of all players with more than 10 kickoff returns, and the second highest of players with more than 20 returns, with a 29.7 average. Pats couldn't risk the injury of having McCourty returning kicks this year. Thats why he was signed, not to be a Woodhead replacement (Vareen gives that and much more when healthy). But he has been injured all year and hasn't contributed. Someone posted earlier this week that they hope he is available to return kicks for the playoffs, thats what I was hoping for as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he is resigned in a week or two if the DBs get healthier, as BB has been known to do. Not sure he would have been kept this long if there wasn't something there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I can't kick a guy when he is down with injury. I did not like the signing pre camp due to Washingtons age, but after watching him this summer, he definitely still had his speed and change of direction without losing a step, and I suspect if he was healthy, he would have contributed.

I also  agree, this may be a simple week with Green, and Wash is back next week finally healthy. I think Wash can contribute if healthy....

Same old same old however, pats signing aging players and 1 in 10 work out, yet we as fans blame the player?? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm also of a mind he'll be back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The best off season signing Will Svitek and yes he's been a good signing. The rest not so much! Green is needed and he has won the black jersey a couple of times. This is the one week where BB couldn't leave Washington on the squad with all the injuries in thew secondary. They might sign him back after this week, but then again they may have finally moved on from the Washington experiment. After checking all the transactions for the off season only two guys are left Amendola and Svitek. Wow! Not a good!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't kick a guy when he is down with injury. I did not like the signing pre camp due to Washingtons age, but after watching him this summer, he definitely still had his speed and change of direction without losing a step, and I suspect if he was healthy, he would have contributed.

I also  agree, this may be a simple week with Green, and Wash is back next week finally healthy. I think Wash can contribute if healthy....

Same old same old however, pats signing aging players and 1 in 10 work out, yet we as fans blame the player?? 

[/QUOTE]

And this is just it, he DID have his speed/quickness in camp this summer...caught the ball very smooth on kickoffs, but this is what you get when you keep dipping into the bargain basement old age bin. This is what you get.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

And this is just it, he DID have his speed/quickness in camp this summer...caught the ball very smooth on kickoffs, but this is what you get when you keep dipping into the bargain basement old age bin. This is what you get.

I know, right? Why can't we get a real GM who puts together winning teams consistently like the Giants and Steelers have?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Washington's $360,000 signing bonus and 1.2 million dollars contract could have been used a lot more productively to re-sign someone like Woodhead. What a waste.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I don't know why folks think Washington will be back.   BB finally trusts Boyce enough to have him return kicks.  Vereen is the 3rd down back (and more).  

Count me surprised and disappointed if we see Washington again.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.