pats = same old problem - defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

pats = same old problem - defense

The pats still have no pass rush!  The lack of pass rush dont help cover the opponents recievers! ugh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Re: pats = same old problem - defense

Agreed, i'm not seeing any of the aggressive play I saw in the preseason that we were all pretty excited about, so frustrating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

are you guys serious??? Rivers has been pressured every time unlike Brady who could throw down a picnic blanket before he has to throw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Do you know anything about football. Look at last weeks game thru the eyes of a knowledgeable fan and see that the total of sacks,hurries and pressures was amazingly high for a team that barely blitzed. Defense is more than sacks and big hits. The only weakness I see on this D ,besides jelling as a unit, is the young safeties. This unit wil be feared by mid season!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to pats = same old problem - defense:
    [QUOTE]The pats still have no pass rush!  The lack of pass rush dont help cover the opponents recievers! ugh
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]

what game you watching? did you just see big vince's INT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Wilfork got a nice INT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

hmmm...  how are you feeling about the Pats' D now?  Rush to judgement...  and the game isn't over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ahhh the crybabies, gotta love em

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

shut up, phony! Wagon fans, make me sick. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Don't get me wrong. I haven't seen a stunt or barely any complex line play at all from the front 7. It may take a while for BB to figure out what he has. As far as I can see, more Andre Carter on pass downs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

and you were saying......The defense gets sliced up again.....Still the defense is the problem

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

...I'll agree with the lack of a pass rush by saying it's more a product of the play calling. It's time for BB to be as aggressive on D as they are on O!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I bleed pats blue but this defense is terrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

When They've had to, they've come up big.I'll wait til this brand new D,team et all without a real offseason jell before I pass judgement.My THOUGHT is they'll be more than fine soon!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Geeze. SO MUCH NEGATIVITY!!!!

How would you feel about the Packers defense if I asked you about them? You'd probably say that they have an incredible defense. Oh wait, they gave up 23 points to the Panthers today, and 34 to the Saints. Does that mean that have a bad defense? No, they just happened to give up a lot of points. Two games don't define a defense.

Let me ask you this, if the game had been the other way around would be saying, "well, our offense STINKS - they only scored 21 points!" Hell yes we would be - let's try to keep it in perspective, the Chargers have one of the best offenses in the league and to hold them to 21 points (and some assistance for the 'Bolts from the refs) is very impressive. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

SD is supposed to be a pretty good team.  Holding that offense to 21 isn't bad.  They're supposed to be a good defense too.  Obviously they planned to take a away Gates and they did but Jackson was everywhere. 

Definitely room for improvement there, but 2 INT's a goal line stand and 2 fumble recoveries (one coming on a strip sack to end the game) are nothing to get broken up about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

its frustrating but they will improve. there were several plays that rivers was just about to be hit and he was able to make the throw. plus the chargers are a top 5 offense. not an excuse, they definately need work but imo they will tighten up. 

it didn't look like they blitzed at all, i may be wrong but it looked like more of the bend but dont break defense. the goal line stand was very good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I liked what we added in the off season, but thus far this defense and team looks a lot like last year - if our offense doesn't dominate - we will lose.

Rivers had an absolute picture perfect pocket to throw in all day. The safeties are not up to par. This guy Dawling has a history of injuries and he got hurt again. Arrington has a real problem jamming a guy at the line and they blow right past him. Ellis has done nothing to make the jets miss him.

I hope they improve, but man do they look the same. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

We gave up 21 points to one of the best offenses in the league...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I didn't think we played to bad. I saw several positives out there. Good game Pats keep it going.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Honestly I thought we did ok in coverage, but we nrrd to figure out how to cover the man out of the back field/dump off man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Obvious at this point that BB will call a less aggressive game plan and wait for opposing teams to make mistakes as Brady and the offense puts pressure on them.

Im too drunk to look up the stats but I'm sure we are near the bottom of the league in sending a blitz. It was all 3 or 4 man pressure for the entire game.

Looks bad as Rivers is throwing in the middle all day for junk yardage but again, it really is bend don't break!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: pats = same old problem - defense:
    [QUOTE]I bleed pats blue but this defense is terrible.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

Maybe all that blood loss has effected your eyes and brain. Calling giving up 3 TDs to the Chargers terrible D? Please jump back offof the bandwagon with the other whiners.