Pats Sign DT Gilbert Pena

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pats Sign DT Gilbert Pena

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cant wait to see him against the Giants,  otherwise he is PS

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

If this pick up works out, then great. I have low expectations on it. Contrary to those scouting reports

Rusty posted, Pena does not play with leverage (tends to play tall) has no moves to shed of blocks. It's good to root for him, becasue he actually is a high effort guy - willing to try to run down a faster runner on open field. That said, he barely has ability to do what he need to do a lot in a game - beat a decent blocker or push the blocker back, one on one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Sounds like Ron Brace 2.0

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Sounds like Ron Brace 2.0

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

Yes. Only difference is Pena went undrafted.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Probably bound there anyway.  Big kid. Athletic. Probably an upgrade over Grissom and maybe Forston.

This might be a stretch... it's hard to judge him since he played so little in college, the positive is the Miss defense played better when he was on the field, they often played in the opponent's backfield ranking nationally in tackles for a loss per game, in the SEC that's pretty impressive.  He is pretty massive, athletically average... it would take an enormous show of heart for him to make the team and be a contributor but weirder things have happened and many players have made it in the NFL on effort and hard work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Hey, Queenie, remember when you said Corey Dillon should be in the HOF because he has 5 more yards than the Juice  becasue you didn't realize that not only did Dillon play longer, but OJ had fewer games per year? That was awesome!

Hahahaha, that sounds like the logic he would use.   My gosh, did he really say his IQ was 157?  More lies!!! Lies!! Lies!! Lies!!  He must have meant to say 57.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just because this needs repeated concerning this pick and Rusty feeling the need to make a thread about it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey, Queenie, remember when you said Corey Dillon should be in the HOF because he has 5 more yards than the Juice  becasue you didn't realize that not only did Dillon play longer, but OJ had fewer games per year? That was awesome!

Hahahaha, that sounds like the logic he would use.   My gosh, did he really say his IQ was 157?  More lies!!! Lies!! Lies!! Lies!!  He must have meant to say 57.

[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, you two idiots are too dumb to sense my sarcasm. I was mocking Curtis Martin padding stats with total yards accumulated in his carrer, with Bettis.

Christ, you two are so dumb I feel awkard responding.

The premise is that in a 16 game season, Bettis and Martin are better than far superior RBs before them who had far superior resumes. No, they are not.

Its; like saying Bert Blyleven is better than Lefty Grove. NOpe. He wasn't. Padding stats as the basis as your supposed HOF argument does not make you a HOFer.

Simple.

[/QUOTE]

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.