PATS / TITANS ~ TRADE BREAKDOWN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

PATS / TITANS ~ TRADE BREAKDOWN

Talk about a potential JACKPOT ?!

As most NE fans are aware... The Pats traded out of the 1st round of this past Draft and aquired the Packers two 3rd rounders giving them a total of three 2009 3rd rounders .

The first aquired GB 3rd rounder went to JAX ( # 73 overall ) for their 2010 2nd rounder .

Their next aquired GB 3rd rounder ( #83 ) went for Brandon Tate .

Finally  , their last "natural" 3rd rounder ( # 89 ) was traded to the Titans for their 2010 2nd rounder .

Considering the Titans are 0-6 and floundering with a tough remaining schedule ( Bills / Rams are looking like their only ez W's ) - It's entirely possible that the Pats could be looking at harvesting one of the first picks in the 2nd round of a Draft that by all accounts is scheduled to be very deep .

So the Pats give up #89 to get a potential # 33 ?

SWEET !

Note : Though Jags are off to a mediocre start ( 3 -3 ) their remaining schedule is fairly ez with Cheifs / Jets / Bills / Browns / Titans so it's likely they'll finish @ .500 - but this still puts the Pats haul at somewhere around middle of the 2nd round ... # 48ish ...Not bad for a #73 pick .

IN BILL WE TRUST !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Re: PATS / TITANS ~ TRADE BREAKDOWN

Just wanted to add that the Pats also got a second rounder in GB trade and selected Darius Butler .
      GB got the Pats 1st rounder ( #26 ) and selected Clay Matthews and a 5th (#162 ) and selected Jamon Merideth ( The mammoth OT was eventually placed on their practice squad and then subsequently signed by Bills )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

For those keeping score  - Butler pick was #41 overall .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

One final note -
    Jax trade was Pats 2009 3rd rounder for Jax 2010 2nd AND 2009 7th rounder .

With that pick the Pats selected JULIAN EDELMAN (#232 ) .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I love Darius Butler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting to look at those trades right now and see how much better positioned the patriots are in upcoming draft then they would have been, and add to that the picks they kept and who they took with those picks and WOW! I say this every year and with the exception of Mayo I will say it again... DRAFT A *&%@!#^ linebacker HIGH!
    This is looking like the draft to take one maybe even two in the first 3 rounds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Hey after all the moves bringing in guys and using draft picks to bring them in what do we have left? All I am relatively shore of is...
    1st round= our own
    2nd round= our own, Titans and Jags picks
    3rd round=?
    4th round= I think we still have our own but this is all I can say with any certainty... anyone else fill in the blanks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If I remember right it's

1st - ours
    2nd - Jax, Ten, ours
    4th - ours
    6th - ours
    7th - Philly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The 2nd rounders will come in handy if more underclassman declare in 2010 than they did in 2009. This could happen with the idea of an uncapped year for the vets and the perception that rookie salaries will slightly decrease in 2011 when the CBA is negotiated (ratified).....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Pats will likely have 2 or 3 6th or 7th round picks added as compensatory picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

and being that most of the clubs will be worried about money after the season.you have to wonder how many picks will be traded for 2011 picks like the raiders no.1 pick for seymour.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

This is schedule to be one of the deepest drafts in a long time, so I think Bill knew what he was doing when he was trading to get all of those 2nd round picks.  He must have looked at the upcoming drafts and saw some players (seniors and juniors that might come out) that he really thought would be good to get (or just thought he'd have a better chance on finding a gem in the vast amount of depth of the draft) and traded for the future since they're still re-doing the defense and part of the offense.  I think he'll come away with a couple VERY solid future starters and some special teams guys (who are always very important, due to field position battles). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

The first 2nd-rounder (Titans' pick) could very well be Brandon Spikes.  I know, sliding that low, out of first round altogether does not seem likely at all...

However, remember that Malauga and Laurinaitis were supposedly the next Patrick Willis (or Singletary even), but they BOTH slid out of the first round - #38 and #35, respectively.

So I am thinking they can grab Spikes with that early Rd 2 pick.

Sweet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

mosseffect43  "and being that most of the clubs will be worried about money after the season.you have to wonder how many picks will be traded for 2011 picks like the raiders no.1 pick for seymour. "

I could easily see BB going SuperTrader from now on on Draft Day .
      He seems to have the golden touch whenever a Draft Day Trade is involved
    (not so much when a "natural" pick is used )

I also think those two 2009 3rd rounders were traded in part cuz he knew there was no way ALL the picks could make the team .

AMAZINGLY , as it turns out ...
     ALL the 2009 Pats Draft picks made the team in some capacity
    (Including practice squad or IR  ) 

My guess is this might be an unofficial League record...

12 picks and ALL are still the property of the same NFL team !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Pats play Jax at end of season too ...so they 'll have another chance to better their Draft position this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

That's what I like about the Patriots since Belichick came to town. We have action almost all year round. The NFL Draft is almost like a holiday to me now. You have no idea right now what moves they will make with the picks they have but you know they "will" make moves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Good post.  I didn't realize we had the Titans' 2010 2nd round pick.  I know they look horrible but something just leads me to believe that they will get a second wind.  Not talking about them making the playoffs - just getting 5 or 6 wins.  With that said...

1st Round
    2nd Round
    2nd Round (Titans)
    2nd Round (Jaguars)
    4th Round
    6th Round
    7th Round (PHI - Greg Lewis)

Would be great for once for them to trade one of those second rounders to get back into the first.  We picked up so many new guys last year, we really don't need any more mid level players - we need dominance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Did BB get lucky or did he know the Titans were going to sukkk?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

nvm wow

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Capn,  good reminder.  That will turn out to be a great pick for us.  The King of the Draft day trade scores big again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

I haven't seen spikes play - he's on the sidelines.

Early second round - Javier Arenas, Alabama or Aaron Webster, Cincinnati or Malcolm Sheppard, Arkansas or Brandon Graham, Michigan. all these guys could prob be first rd too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: PATS / TITANS ~ TRADE BREAKDOWN:
    [QUOTE] One final note - Jax trade was Pats 2009 3rd rounder for Jax 2010 2nd AND 2009 7th rounder .  With that pick the Pats selected JULIAN EDELMAN (#232 ) .
    Posted by CapnFoxboro[/QUOTE]That what I call highway robbery!! Wow BB and Reese cleaned them both out on those trades! Just guessing but the best that the Titans can do with their remaining schedule is break even so the Patriots are looking forward to no worse than a top 5 pick in the second round....So with that in mind the patriots could wind up with an early,a middle and a late second round pick...Yikes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don't think Belichick will trade up and that might be what he'll have to do to get Spikes. Its more likely he'll trade down or out rather than up. There is always great value in the 2nd round and the titans pick is essentially similar to a late 1st. The Raiders 1st in 2011....Belichick can do anything with that pick EG: trade for an established good player; trade down and acquire more picks (and still get the 1st rounder he wants.....see Mayo pick) trade it for some one else's 1st in 2010.....literally anything within reason if he thinks it will improve the team.