Pats top 5 Players not named brady are injured.... Is this unprecedented?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Pats top 5 Players not named brady are injured.... Is this unprecedented?

Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork, Talib, Amendola.  

Comments?  I don't think Ive ever seen this before.  It would be like in baseball losing your shortstop, centerfielder, catcher , top starter and reliever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Pats top 5 Players not named brady are injured.... Is this unprecedented?

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Comments?  I don't think Ive ever seen this before.  It would be like in baseball losing your shortstop, centerfielder, catcher , top starter and reliever.

[/QUOTE]

DA does not belong on that list (yet).  If the Pats had Ridley last week and DA was out instead they might have won.

You make a good point though.  They've been hammered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'll put DA on that list in a heartbeat.  Did you see game 1???  It's clear he's our best receiver, he just hasn't been on the field long enough for the what have you done for me lately crowd to realize that.  As it stands here is our critical mass injury list:

1.  Danny Amendola - Best receiver

2.  Akeem Talib - Best corner having a Probowl year

3.  Shane Vereen - Arguably our most explosive and greatest mismatch player at both RB and WR

4.  Vince Wilfork - Best defensive lineman by far

5.  Tom Kelly - Second best defensive lineman

6.  Jerod Mayo - Best Linebacker and having a Probowl year

7.  Rob Gronkowski - When healthy, arguably best TE in league

So yes, in answer to your question I would say this is unprecedented. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DA does not belong on that list (yet).  If the Pats had Ridley last week and DA was out instead they might have won.

You make a good point though.  They've been hammered.

[/QUOTE]

What if you did it only based on salary...?   Which is a pretty good indicator on BBs teams...  pretty sure DA is signed for more money than Ridley,  but agree that ridley is a beast this year...  Quicker to the hole, more slippery.  Oh...  and yeah he was out too...!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll put DA on that list in a heartbeat.  Did you see game 1???  It's clear he's our best receiver, he just hasn't been on the field long enough for the what have you done for me lately crowd to realize that.  As it stands here is our critical mass injury list:

3.  Shane Vereen - Arguably our most explosive and greatest mismatch player at both RB and WR

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Kelly, anyone hear anything on him? Or should I just leave it to our news breaking local beat writers to fill us in?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

akeem talib? who's that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WOW...   Forgot about Vereen... and then Kelly   .  So you could say "Top 6 players or even 7 injured..  and then you have Armstead who is an unknown but a potential top player. 

the thing you run into is mccourty.   Since he has to be ranked pretty high so maybe keep it at Top 5A and 5B.  But its getting ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I wouldn't put Armstead on that list simply because he is such an incredible unkown.  Not a single NFL snap played, and though he has a lot of hype around him could hit the turf make us wish Love or Deadrick was still here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes.  Patriots are dealing with an outrageous number of injuries to top impact players. I can't recall such a number of key cast of players beeing out at once- or moving in and out through the injury revolving door. 

Overcoming adversity is defintely this year's theme song.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Talib and Mayo injuries can heal quickly.

Hope to see Kelly back soon.  Amendola's hit to the head looed brutal. He really should take the time to heal.

Gronk? Should be back sometime this season.

O Line needs to do everything they possibly can and more to protect TB. Getting nervous on the # of hits he's taking.  Very physical game yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Oh and I forgot Dan Connolly.  Let's not pretend Cannon is as good as he is please.  So that makes 8!  Good Lord I need a drink. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Oh yeah Dan Connolly was sorely missed.  Can't forget him! Yikes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes.  Patriots are dealing with an outrageous number of injuries to top impact players. I can't recall such a number of key cast of players beeing out at once- or moving in and out through the injury revolving door. 

Overcoming adversity is defintely this year's theme song.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Talib and Mayo injuries can heal quickly.

Hope to see Kelly back soon.  Amendola's hit to the head looed brutal. He really should take the time to heal.

Gronk? Should be back sometime this season.

O Line needs to do everything they possibly can and more to protect TB. Getting nervous on the # of hits he's taking.  Very physical game yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

The Mayo injury has to be very concerning. the way it looked and the way they were checking him on the bench it looked like it could be the collarbone. I really hope I am wrong and it is some sort of shoulder strain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New Orleans had a well-deserved reputation of being a thug team, of paying for certain players to be injured during their super bowl run.  The head coach of N.O. was banned for a year for this scandal, other coaches served bans and N.O. lost a first rounder.  Now Sean Payton is back as coach. 

Amendola went down in a straight-up thug hit, helmet to helmet against a little guy.  The offender should be sanctioned by the league.  Hopefully the player's fine will be more than his payout but somehow I doubt it.

It's curious that three high-rated New England players went down -- Amendola, Mayo, Talib. 

If the NFL wants to stop this League of Denial plague, the answer is simple and straightforward:  you break it, you pay for it.  If one of your players intentionally injures an opposing team's player, your team gives an equivalent draft choice over to the victim team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New Orleans had a well-deserved reputation of being a thug team, of paying for certain players to be injured during their super bowl run.  The head coach of N.O. was banned for a year for this scandal, other coaches served bans and N.O. lost a first rounder.  Now Sean Payton is back as coach. 

Amendola went down in a straight-up thug hit, helmet to helmet against a little guy.  The offender should be sanctioned by the league.  Hopefully the player's fine will be more than his payout but somehow I doubt it.

It's curious that three high-rated New England players went down -- Amendola, Mayo, Talib. 

If the NFL wants to stop this League of Denial plague, the answer is simple and straightforward:  you break it, you pay for it.  If one of your players intentionally injures an opposing team's player, your team gives an equivalent draft choice over to the victim team.

[/QUOTE]

The only injury that fits your argument is the amendola hit.  It was eerily similar to Edelmans cocussion last year against the Jets ....  on yes the exact same play-- end around.

the other injuries were freakish ... Talib just running or making a tackle and then Mayo was careless getting too extended when friendly fire from Gregory hit the receiver.

So pretty hard to Blame the Saints although Bush looks like a headhunter type a la Pollard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Well, at this point Wilfork is the only one I know,who is out for,the year.  Hopefully all the rest will return over the course of the year and we will have a strong team for the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

As I mentioned on Mighty's confession thread, I just caught the last 3 minutes of the game.

However, I was looking at the box scores and the one name I was missing was Hightower. Did he not play too? What's up with him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I mentioned on Mighty's confession thread, I just caught the last 3 minutes of the game.

However, I was looking at the box scores and the one name I was missing was Hightower. Did he not play too? What's up with him?

[/QUOTE]

guarantee he'll be playing next week if Mayos out.................................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Interesting to project the starting lineups based on these injuries...

Who replaces Mayo...?  It looked like he did a shoulder separation/sprain.  LOoked harmless really,  but having recently had a few shoulder injuries myself...  There are a lot of moving parts in there and the all important socket joint.

his shoulder was jerked backward by the hit as his arm was extended.  To me this would be the most harmless sprain since the straight on hit might not bother it... meaning he might come back and play....   If not ,  we get to see Spikes calling the plays ? or will it be Fletcher inside and Spikes doing his regular thing...?  Or is hightower capable of doing it?

Good thing is the depth at linebacker that was established with the opening day roster.  Will we see Beauharnais...?

Mccourty will be the stud at CB to replace Talib like we saw at end of game.  Unless lack of real threat among jets receivers keeps MCC at safety.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting to project the starting lineups based on these injuries...

Who replaces Mayo...?  It looked like he did a shoulder separation/sprain.  LOoked harmless really,  but having recently had a few shoulder injuries myself...  There are a lot of moving parts in there and the all important socket joint.

his shoulder was jerked backward by the hit as his arm was extended.  To me this would be the most harmless sprain since the straight on hit might not bother it... meaning he might come back and play....   If not ,  we get to see Spikes calling the plays ? or will it be Fletcher inside and Spikes doing his regular thing...?  Or is hightower capable of doing it?

Good thing is the depth at linebacker that was established with the opening day roster.  Will we see Beauharnais...?

Mccourty will be the stud at CB to replace Talib like we saw at end of game.  Unless lack of real threat among jets receivers keeps MCC at safety.

[/QUOTE]

News flash ... it wasn't a shoulder after all....   Torn pectoral....  outstretched arm.    Yep.  Didnt llook like a shoulder injury...  Man that right there is a freak injury.   maybe he's like danny A.....  can't stay ion the field...  (SARCASM)......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen all the games.   I'm not saying DA is a scrub or something.  He's just not one of the top 5 Pats yet.  He's played the total of about 2.5 games.  They lost against CIN with him.   I'd rather have had Ridley in that weather.

I'd certainly put DMC ahead of what DA has actually shown so far.   I don't rate people on potential.  DA is proving to be somewhat like Collie - very talented, but undependable for a 16+ game season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen all the games.   I'm not saying DA is a scrub or something.  He's just not one of the top 5 Pats yet.  He's played the total of about 2.5 games.  They lost against CIN with him.   I'd rather have had Ridley in that weather.

I'd certainly put DMC ahead of what DA has actually shown so far.   I don't rate people on potential.  DA is proving to be somewhat like Collie - very talented, but undependable for a 16+ game season.

[/QUOTE]

DA is the best receiver when he's on the field