Re: Pats top 5 Players not named brady are injured.... Is this unprecedented?
posted at 10/15/2013 11:28 PM EDT
In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
In response to agill1970's comment:
I'll put DA on that list in a heartbeat. Did you see game 1??? It's clear he's our best receiver, he just hasn't been on the field long enough for the what have you done for me lately crowd to realize that. As it stands here is our critical mass injury list:
1. Danny Amendola - Best receiver
2. Akeem Talib - Best corner having a Probowl year
3. Shane Vereen - Arguably our most explosive and greatest mismatch player at both RB and WR
4. Vince Wilfork - Best defensive lineman by far
5. Tom Kelly - Second best defensive lineman
6. Jerod Mayo - Best Linebacker and having a Probowl year
7. Rob Gronkowski - When healthy, arguably best TE in league
So yes, in answer to your question I would say this is unprecedented.
Yeah, I've seen all the games. I'm not saying DA is a scrub or something. He's just not one of the top 5 Pats yet. He's played the total of about 2.5 games. They lost against CIN with him. I'd rather have had Ridley in that weather.
I'd certainly put DMC ahead of what DA has actually shown so far. I don't rate people on potential. DA is proving to be somewhat like Collie - very talented, but undependable for a 16+ game season.
DA is the best receiver when he's on the field