Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks

Mike Florio of Sporting News estimates that Pats could trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks. 

In the purely hypothetical scenario that Brady gets traded, would you believe this would be fair compensation for Brady or is he worth less or more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Re: Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks

Yea I read that today and still think it's as dumb as I did earlier today. No team would ever give up anything close to that and sacrifice 3 years worth of drafting. Especially since he only has one more year on his deal. I wouldnt trade him for that anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not sure a team would give up that much for Brady or Manning in their prime.  Kinda why I think I think Florio is a blowhard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

thats not what he said.  He was pointing out that if a team gave up two firsts for him they would then have 5 firsts over the next two years 3 in 2011 and two in 2012, not that a team would give up 5 picks in the first two rounds for brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No one player is worth 3 first round picks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Wait till Rusty gets ahold of this one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Kraft has spoken:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/11/kraft-wants-to-solve-the-problem-with-brady/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I think that they trade Brady straight up for either Peppers or Jason Taylor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

what if we did the trade got the 3 firsts and 2 nds and had brady in on it! then after the 1 year contract was up he resigns with us and we have 3 years of amazing draft picks and are ready for another 10 years of being on top of the league. (renting brady for 1 year for alot of draft picks)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks:
    In Response to Re: Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks : This deal will get done. It's just too bad some of the writers who you would think would have some connections are choosing to try and make headlines with it instead of understanding the relationship between TB and Mr. Kraft. Just because they're not getting the meeting minutes from every sit down doesn't give you the right to print speculation.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Honestly Sam, I think the other orgs had made public statements very recently where the pats had not.  Kraft has now taken care of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Florio's an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

It is hard to believe that any team would be that crazy and daring to give away those kinds of draft picks.  A few years ago - yes - but let's face it - though brady has some good years left - he is older and what team could put the kind of talent around him like the Pats did for the last 8 years give or take a few.  2007 will never happen again - we could get close to it - but Brady really excelled that year.  I think Brady has been patient with the contract situation - inferior QBs are making more money than him.  I think the Pats think-tank have to be very careful with this one - he is the face of the franchise, a hall of famer, three-time SB champ, 2 time MVP, all star, QB of perfect regular season ....PAY THE MAN - but don't be silly and give him the farm - just make a solid fair market offer.

In Response to Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-06-09/tom-brady-peyton-manning-contracts-could-make-things-interesting-2011 Mike Florio of Sporting News estimates that Pats could trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks.  In the purely hypothetical scenario that Brady gets traded, would you believe this would be fair compensation for Brady or is he worth less or more?
    Posted by murghkhor

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks:
    It is hard to believe that any team would be that crazy and daring to give away those kinds of draft picks.  A few years ago - yes - but let's face it - though brady has some good years left - he is older and what team could put the kind of talent around him like the Pats did for the last 8 years give or take a few.  2007 will never happen again - we could get close to it - but Brady really excelled that year.  I think Brady has been patient with the contract situation - inferior QBs are making more money than him.  I think the Pats think-tank have to be very careful with this one - he is the face of the franchise, a hall of famer, three-time SB champ, 2 time MVP, all star, QB of perfect regular season ....PAY THE MAN - but don't be silly and give him the farm - just make a solid fair market offer. In Response to Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks :
    Posted by canpatfan

I agree completely but I don't think they're intentionally waiting and asking Brady to play out his contract. They're waiting more for the CBA issue to play out and fortunately, they have a year to play with for Brady's deal anyway. I know he'll get paid but it's a matter of other chips falling first. Luckily for us Patriots fans, we know Brady will still give his absolute best effort and not whine about his deal or lack of one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It is hard to believe that any team would be that crazy and daring to give away those kinds of draft picks.  A few years ago - yes - but let's face it - though brady has some good years left - he is older and what team could put the kind of talent around him like the Pats did for the last 8 years give or take a few.  2007 will never happen again - we could get close to it - but Brady really excelled that year.  I think Brady has been patient with the contract situation - inferior QBs are making more money than him.  I think the Pats think-tank have to be very careful with this one - he is the face of the franchise, a hall of famer, three-time SB champ, 2 time MVP, all star, QB of perfect regular season ....PAY THE MAN - but don't be silly and give him the farm - just make a solid fair market offer. In Response to Pats trade Brady for 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks :
    Posted by canpatfan
    Though I doubt that the Patriots would trade him even at that price.There are suckers who would give a lot for Tom Brady just look to the Bay area both Oaklnad and SF would probably give a lot too acquire a QB of his abilities,especially a home grown boy! Between him and Peyton Manning they would command a Kings ransom to acquire,as they are the top 2 QB's in all of the NFL.  So though Florio may have put to high a price on him he's probably not far off,though any trading scenario from imagination the possibility would exsist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

IT'S NOT 5 PICKS GIVEN UP IN THE STORY.  WE ALREADY HAVE 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.  HE IS POINTING OUT THAT IF WE GOT TWO FIRSTS FOR HIM WE WOULD THEN HAVE A TOTAL OF FIVE.  LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Brady is worth 6 first round picks! You ain't nothing in this league without a stud at QB.

Now that being said nobody is giving up 6 first rounders or even 3, it hurts your team too much down the road to give up too many first and second rounders. Without those picks a stud QB can't do a whole heck of a lot.

Anyway, Brady ain't going anywhere. I sometimes wonder if the Colts are waiting for the Pats to sign Brady or if the Pats are waiting for the Colts to sign Manning. Regardless, Brady is a lock to stay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Florio's an idiot.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I could not have said it better myself.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Brady is worth 6 first round picks! You ain't nothing in this league without a stud at QB. Now that being said nobody is giving up 6 first rounders or even 3, it hurts your team too much down the road to give up too many first and second rounders. Without those picks a stud QB can't do a whole heck of a lot. Anyway, Brady ain't going anywhere. I sometimes wonder if the Colts are waiting for the Pats to sign Brady or if the Pats are waiting for the Colts to sign Manning. Regardless, Brady is a lock to stay.
    Posted by 183CLV

I think that it maybe that AND they are waiting for the CBA to get resolved.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I never said I hoped Brady left the pats.  Personally, the pats are identified by him.  seeing him elsewhere is not attractive (like Montana in KC). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Even if they could trade Brady and get all that in return they would have to pay all of those high draft picks and its probably just cheaper and more conservative to pay Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

3 1st rd and 2 2nd rd picks for one player, no matter how good (and Brady is great) is absurd.  No GM would make such a trade.

The Brady contract will get done.  It's been made abundantly clear that it is not a simple matter but both Kraft and Brady want it resolved and they have as good a relationship as an owner and a player could have.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

No one would give that up for a player with one year left on his contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For one year of Brady, the price is about fair.  Nobody has an infinite value.  Two of those first rounders had better be good ones close to the #1 pick in the whole draft, because the 2011 first rounder won't be that useful if Brady plays in 2010.

Would the Patriots settle for this price?  No way!  Not this year.  Brady's at the top of his game now, having him in hand means that maybe he could be franchised for a second year, the team is loaded from top to bottom and poised for a Super Bowl year, Brady is all familiar with Moss, Welker and Kevin Faulk, it's important to show the rest of the NFL how the Krafts take care of their really loyal guys, and there's no one at all to take his place right now, unless Hoyer takes super energy pills.

Would somebody else pay this price?  In a minute!

Would somebody else pay a lot more?   That's the question.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sure a team would give up that much for Brady or Manning in their prime.  Kinda why I think I think Florio is a blowhard.
    Posted by carawaydj

Observe this post.

Pay particular attention to the last four words.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

12 is not going anywhere. Ill say it again , name me an elite , franchise QB that has ever left via F/A? Brady is a Pat for life.