Pats trade up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Pats trade up?

There's no reason to be a d!ck gazzzman. ZRob has a point and I have to agree with his logic.

Maybe the Texans would be a good trade partner at 15. We have too many picks this year, and not enough slots on the roster to keep all of them. Sure, BB has made it his MO to trade for more picks the following year but he also keeps his eyes open. You never know what he will do. I think that trading up is quite a possibility if he really wants a player. He tends to do that in later rounds, bu he's full of surprises.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pats trade up?

I think if the Patriots move up it might be in the 2nd round or 3rd round. They will not have 11 rookies make the roster this year, so they have to make some trades. Or they will trade for picks in 2010.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

Pats trade up?

i knew someone would make that argument and quite frankly its stupid. you say they wont keep all the picks they have...WELL DUH, you'd be trading 2 picks for 1, so instead of paying 2 people, you'd only be paying one. And that 1 player you'd be paying (maualuga) would be worth it (in my opinion, in the pats opinion?). Not to mention that the difference in signing bonus from the 23rd slot to the, say, 13th, is not drasticly franchise altering, its the top 10 picks in the draft that have a huge signing slot.

for example...in 2007 the st louis rams selected 13th overall, adam carriker, and he had a 2008 cap hit of $1,755,760. that same year, the 23rd overall selection was dwayne bowe by KC, his cap hit was $1,276,240.

so it may be trendy to point to the rookie wage scale, and doing so you may feel like you are more intelligent than you are, but lets get facts straight first and sound cool later

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

Pats trade up?

[Quote]DuH there is a salary cap they have 4.6 million to spend on 12 picks thats it no more money[/Quote]

first of all, i believe its more than 4.6 million in the rookie pool for the pats to sign their draft picks. most important is the fact that these patriots will not have 11 or 12 rookies MAKE the team. therefore it is imperitive to trade multiple picks for higher single picks and/or trade present picks for future ones.

you keep saying that they only have a limited amount of money to sign 12 players, and that that is why they wont trade up, but that argument makes no sense and has so many holes in it that are obvious that im not going to even get into it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

Pats trade up?

the patriots have a history of not standing "pat" on draft day, trading current picks for higher future selections becoming seemingly common. The patriots need to get younger and have many picks in this upcoming draft. I haven't seen the possibility of the patriots moving up discussed much. What about the patriots trading the 23rd overall and their own second round pick, or the 23rd and their own 3rd round pick (likely getting a late 3rd rounder that can't be traded via compensatory pick anyways), to move up to the mid first round to select the ILB from USC Maualuga. This kid is a beast, a real nasty player, who has showed his toughness playing hurt in college. Having him next to Mayo for the next 5 years + would completely take care of that position and be a scary thought for opposing offensive coordinators. Doing this, the patriots would still have a hoard of draft picks to take other targets and continue to get younger.

I just think a kid like that, who is projected from around 12-20, is worth trading up for and its better when you have the picks to make moves, to get a guy you want rather than wait to see who falls to 23. the idea i'm floating would of course be on draft day, wouldn't make sense to trade up before you know the player will be at that spot. thoughts?