Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

The PATS will be focussed and ready this coming Sunday which is bad news for the Steelers....  The loss to Cleveland, in the big picture could be a blessing in disguise.  The younger players needed a reality check...

Many regard Pittsburgh as the top team in the league.  BB will be sure to remind his players all week.

The Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers (as long as #12 is behind center).

I hope to see the Pats with a spread offense, lots of short to imtermediate passes & Screens.  This is how we have beaten Blitzburg in the past and this will set up our run game.

Defensively, as long as we can keep Rothlesburger in the Pocket, I think we can keep the passing game in check.  Red Zone D is the KEY!

If Cincinatti can give Pittsburgh a game, the Pats should be a formidable foe.

One day of extra planning and rest for the PATS, with a sour bunch of veterans will serve us well.

Predicting a final score of 27-20 Pats

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

27-17 Patriots.

Branch is healthy. Tate and Gronkowski are both aware they made mistakes that cost the offense points against Cleveland. I doubt they come out and have two stinkers.

Brady will more alert than ever because even he knows that he missed some easy throws against Cleveland. Yes, the passes hit Gronkowski's hands but a target that big means you have to be a bit more accurate.

They'll eliminate "bad football" and not hand 14 points on turnovers.

Primetime game and so far we've handled that well.

Big day for Woodhead, Branch and Hernandez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    [QUOTE]27-17 Patriots. Branch is healthy. Tate and Gronkowski are both aware they made mistakes that cost the offense points against Cleveland. I doubt they come out and have two stinkers. Brady will more alert than ever because even he knows that he missed some easy throws against Cleveland. Yes, the passes hit Gronkowski's hands but a target that big means you have to be a bit more accurate. They'll eliminate "bad football" and not hand 14 points on turnovers. Primetime game and so far we've handled that well. Big day for Woodhead, Branch and Hernandez.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Let's hope that you are right.... Somehow I would like to see Edleman get some snaps and go 3 or 4 wide....have him and Welker in at the same time....and spread the offense...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Agreed on Edleman, would be great to see him get involved.  Not sure what has happend to him or ahy he's disappeared.  He showed a lot in preseason and last year.  If he's healthy, throw him the ball.  Maybe he's not fully healthy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Just heard on ESPN, 5 Pittsburgh Starters hurt in last night's game against the Bengals.... All Questionable for game against Pats... Short week..... All good...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Steelers safety Will Allen and running backs Mewelde Moore and Isaac Redman sustained concussions during Monday night's game in Cincinnati and must pass tests before being cleared to play.

The Pittsburgh Steelers expect to place starting left tackle Max Starks on injured reserve Wednesday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Starks suffered a significant neck injury during Monday night's 27-21 victory at Cincinnati. The injury is not career-threatening, but it is serious enough to end his season.

Steelers LG www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/Chris_Kemoeatu/">Chris Kemoeatu had to leave Monday's Week 9 game with an ankle injury. Kemoeatu limped off the field and was replaced by Doug Legursky. He's now the third member of the offensive line hurt tonight for the Steelers

www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Chris_Kemoeatu/1283326#ixzz14qbkNEPW">

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers safety Will Allen and running backs Mewelde Moore and Isaac Redman sustained concussions during Monday night's game in Cincinnati and must pass post-concussion tests before being cleared to play.

The Steelers (6-2) had numerous injuries during their 27-21 victory in Cincinnati, with left guard Chris Kemoeatu's sprained right knee apparently the most serious. He could be limited in practice.

"We'll see if we can get him going, get him enough snaps in preparation to be available to us," coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Kemoeatu's injury, plus those to center Maurkice Pouncey (bruised right leg) and left tackle Max Starks (neck, shoulder), forced the Steelers to shuffle their offensive line from series to series against the Bengals.

Doug Legursky played guard and center before Pouncey returned. Starks left the game during the second half and didn't return. Jonathan Scott, normally a tackle, played that position and guard.

Starks' injury could sideline him the rest of the season, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Starks is scheduled to get a second opinion this week. Steelers safety Ryan Clark tweeted On Tuesday: "Prayers and thoughts with Max Starks. He's going to be missed. Injuries are a terrible part of this game."

Pouncey, the Steelers' first-round draft pick, had not missed a snap all season until he was hurt while apparently being kicked in the shin. Pouncey makes all the offensive line's blocking calls, so having him out of the game could have proven disruptive. He felt better after getting a painkiller and was able to resume playing.

"There was a time that we thought [tight end] Matt Spaeth was going to have to play right tackle for us," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "Guys answered the bell."

Defensive end Brett Keisel (left hamstring) played limited snaps in his first game since Oct. 17, while tight end Heath Miller has fluid on a knee.

The Steelers don't have much time to get well; Tuesday was their only day off of the week, and they'll resume practicing Wednesday.

"We've got somewhat of a laundry list," Tomlin said. "Working off a short week, it's important that we prepare smart in regards to working around these injuries. I'm sure many of these guys will be available for the contest, but they have limited preparation. We have to prepare smart with these guys."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Pittsburgh is a tough place to play right now.  I'm not saying the Pats don't have a chance, but right now I see it being a very difficult matchup. 

But I think the Pats will match up well with Indy in Foxboro and should get revenge against the Jets.  I also see Detriot as a big "W".  If the Pats can have 9-3 record after November, then I see them running away with the AFC east, because the Jets are frauds on the verge of falling apart in the 2nd half of the season.

So if the Pats don't get the win this Sunday, let's not all go nuts or start jumping ship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Grogan.. I couldn't disagree more.
    They have a chance against Pittsburgh but they'll need the help of a TD from special teams/DEF to do it.  24-21 kind of game.  New England does NOT match up well against Indy.  The only saving grace is that they play in Foxboro.

Detroit is NOT and automatic W.  See Cleveland.

Beating the Jets at home will be the defining moment of the season.  Do that and take care of  CHI,GB,MIA, BUFF 3 out of 4, you got 11-5 a likely outcome.  That may be enough to win the division and get a home game as a #3 seed.

The problem with that position is you will likely get NYJ/BALT/PITT for the Wild Card Round. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Max Starks in on IR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Pats could lose @ Pitt or @ Detroit.

12-4, best case.

I don't see them losing to Indy or NY at home.  Nor Miami.  @ Chicago will be interesting.

Same with Buffalo, but I can't see them laying an egg at that point. 

This game is huge. It will either give them a second wind for the year or put them in a tough spot for 12-4.

Interesting season, no doubt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

At this point, Pittsburgh is the more talented team, no doubt there. They have a better RB, better WRs, better LB's, better safeties. Plus they are at home. Honestly, as much as I would love to say that the Pats rebound, I just don't see it. 

The only hope is that Pittsburgh came off a short week and are incredibly dinged up on the O and D lines. I'm not sure that is enough though. 

I think Pittsburgh wins it 31-20. And yet another crappy Monday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Better WRs?  Absolutely not.

Name their 3rd WR.  Randel El?  Please.

Branch, Welker, Hernandez (a WR essentially), Tate and Edelman?    Edelman can't even see the field because of Hernandez.

Pitt does not match up well against NE. Even their own fans concede this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

This week would be the perfect game for Julien Edelman to start displaying his talent. I was really high on this guy after last season. Especially with the way it ended, he was one of the few guys to play well in that playoff game last year,(2 TD's) and he looked great in the preseason. I know he's battled some injuries this year, but it's time to STEP UP.
    This Sunday night the Patriots will play a tough, smart, physical game and win 24-20, and everybody will realize that losing that game to Cleveland was an aberration, and in retrospect - the best thing that could happen to this young Patriot team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's not him.  He's healthy, they just won't put him on the field.  It's the gameplan and thinking there is only room for two slot types.

I think they should try using Hernandez wide once in a while and use Welker and Edelman in the slot, in a 4 wide, lone setback situation. Or, just take Welker off the field for some snaps and try a Hernandez/Edelman duo.

No shotgun.

Edelman is a bear to cover and to take down once in open field. That's on the Off Coordinator, not Edelman.

Then again, maybe he's been dinged up?   He's active and is there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm still itching to see Edelman come around on a reverse, stop, and chuck it downfield to an open Hernandez. I mean is that SO HARD to call!?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

In Response to Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    [QUOTE]It's not him.  He's healthy, they just won't put him on the field.  It's the gameplan and thinking there is only room for two slot types. I think they should try using Hernandez wide once in a while and use Welker and Edelman in the slot, in a 4 wide, lone setback situation. Or, just take Welker off the field for some snaps and try a Hernandez/Edelman duo. No shotgun. Edelman is a bear to cover and to take down once in open field. That's on the Off Coordinator, not Edelman. Then again, maybe he's been dinged up?   He's active and is there.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Time for Bill O'Brien too get a liitle more creative, although that may be a tough concept for him. Btw, Fred Taylor is back at practice today, that's good news.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ok, so with taylor back, maybe now they start bringing in the reserves?

Agreed on the creativity.  I don't get why he can't interchange Edelman and Welker more. Welker is not 100%.

Also, that triple stack alignment is impossible to defend. Even if you just hand it off when they are in that slot alignment, it's a going to be a big run.

O'Brien better be holding out for some new infusion for the 2nd half of the year, because the first half has been very inconsistent, especially early in games.

Time to start dictating with personnel.

Mankins and Taylor are now back. Let's go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Grogan & Caesar have it right.  I believe that Steelers D will really show our OLine and RB and WR weaknesses of Pats.  Loss of Gost will hurt in kicking/field position big-time.  This will be a good measure to where we have to go to become an elite team once again, which Pittsburg is right now.  Or at least as much a one as there is in this up and down NFL this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Disagree completely.  Graham is a solid kicker. I can't believe how overrated the concept of a kick off is.  Graham has been around and can kick.

Mankins is back.

Do people watch the Pitt games this year?  Atlanta took them to OT, Baltimore handled them in Pitt and New Orleans handled them in NOLA.

They beat up on Cleveland. Ok. Nice job.

If Shipley does not fumble, they lose to Cincy, a team NE plastered.

Huge game, NE plays better in games like this than against a team they should beat. NE will be the underdog, BB will have them ready.

Pitt's run game is able to be contained and they can gameplan for Roethlisturd.  Keep him into a pocket. He likes to try to slither through, so they;ll need to keep a spy on him underneath.

Is Chung ready?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

An angry and motivated TB is not good news for Pitt.  If Brady and the Pats don't come out highly motivated (this is a statement game) I'll be shocked.  This team is so loaded with talent - but the play calling has to get better and the D will hopefully return to some of its early promise.  They simply have to be able to contain Mendenhall though.  He will gets yeards but they can't let him pull a Hillis on us again or we are dead!! 

In Response to Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    [QUOTE]The PATS will be focussed and ready this coming Sunday which is bad news for the Steelers....  The loss to Cleveland, in the big picture could be a blessing in disguise.  The younger players needed a reality check... Many regard Pittsburgh as the top team in the league.  BB will be sure to remind his players all week. The Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers (as long as #12 is behind center). I hope to see the Pats with a spread offense, lots of short to imtermediate passes & Screens.  This is how we have beaten Blitzburg in the past and this will set up our run game. Defensively, as long as we can keep Rothlesburger in the Pocket, I think we can keep the passing game in check.  Red Zone D is the KEY! If Cincinatti can give Pittsburgh a game, the Pats should be a formidable foe. One day of extra planning and rest for the PATS, with a sour bunch of veterans will serve us well. Predicting a final score of 27-20 Pats Thoughts?
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't think Mendenhall will give us as much trouble; for some reason, we have trouble with the bigger backs. Gang tackling, just can't do it.

I see Fred Taylor's back at practice so maybe he'll suit up this week?

Hope Chung's ready too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Great to be playing the steelers when their injury list is longer than ours, for once. Only difference is that the announcers (al michaels, unfortunately) will be mentioning it every 15 seconds for the entire three hours. Watch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i posted on espn they would win as well pats traditionally respond well after games like that...

it doesn hurt pittsburg took a beating against the bungels either... we just need to play better and not make mistakes...we are not good enough yet to overcome them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pats Players don't want a second helping of BB HUMBLE PIE!...