Pats vs Jets predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

Pats vs Jets predictions

Pats 31 - Jets 24

Defense comes up with a couple of turnovers to seal the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Pats vs Jets predictions

I am not making a prediction because they always seem to backfire on me. I know what I am hoping for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Patriots 35 Jets 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

31-10 Pats. 3 Patriot takeaways, LT < 50 yards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Pats 28, NY 17.

If the Jets lose this game, they may be in bigger trouble than they want to admit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You're gonna take a walk in the rain, and you're gonna get wet . . .

I predict

You're gonna eat a bowl of Chow Mein and be hungry real soon . . .

I predict

Cool

Pats 33
    Green New Jersey 9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

small bowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Pats 58, Jets -2

By halftime.

Officials make Brady throw left handed and let Jets D have 13 men onthe field to give the Jets a chance

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

LMAO HAHAHAHA you guys are awsome ...Jets -2??? Seriously tho.....
    I say Zolak starts the second half...the score to begin the 3rd will be 97-2 (the safety will be caused by a fumble in the enzone by Dave Meggett), and I smell a Teddy Bruschi Cameo...It is Teddy Bruschi night for a reason ya know... just sayin...Overall I say Pats 105, Jets 2..  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

I like 28 - 12

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Pats OT win 34-31

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Pain.  Lotsa pain.  And a bunch of disappointed fans on Tuesday morning.

NEP:  42
    GNJ:  24

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

87-3
    Our defense, once again, can't stop anybody in the 4th qtr and gives up the 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats will come at this like it's the be-all-end-all & so will the Jets....Pats 34-27

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

All I can say is keep disrespecting this young D.

Pats 84 Jets -2 (Goodell will implement a rule change and give teams negative points for safeties) 

In Response to Re: Pats vs Jets predictions:
    [QUOTE]87-3 Our defense, once again, can't stop anybody in the 4th qtr and gives up the 3.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

31-13
    Patriots.

at the end when the two coaches meet at mid-field Bill instead of extending his hand for a handshake holds his right hand up to rex with the 3 superbowl rings and sez "kiss em buttmunch"

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]All I can say is keep disrespecting this young D. Pats 84 Jets -2 (Goodell will implement a rule change and give teams negative points for safeties)  In Response to Re: Pats vs Jets predictions :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

I think some are missing what is happening with the D.  We saw them use effective disguises against Gomer picking him three times, simply by using a hybrid of zone and man and disguising.

They did a similar thing in the second half of the Detroit game, where they play zone and man and mix it back and forth, where they bait the QB.

They started this in Miami and have had mixed results since, but overall, it's clear this option is now firmly on the table.

I don't think some fans here understand this is what they do or have done during the dynasty years.

So, the fact they can do it as a unit, even though it's not as good as those defenses, it still shows a HUGE progression within BB's confidence in being able to scheme with them.

It's all part of the process. 

So, we see troll idiots like Phat Rex babbling about yards allowed, as if that is a precursor to bad defense in this bend/don't break or the idea he never watched a BB defense that started to bring in new bodies starting in 2001.

After 2002, he had a base to work with that essentially lasted from 2003-2007.

BY 2008, he had an entire new secondary and in 2009, many of the front 7 players were gone with new ones learning as well.

Now, it appears to be slowly building, and this is the fear of the haters/trolls.

They know this can evolve again.  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Jets predictions : I think some are missing what is happening with the D.  We saw them use effective disguises against Gomer picking him three times, simply by using a hybrid of zone and man and disguising. They did a similar thing in the second half of the Detroit game, where they play zone and man and mix it back and forth, where they bait the QB. They started this in Miami and have had mixed results since, but overall, it's clear this option is now firmly on the table. I don't think some fans here understand this is what they do or have done during the dynasty years.   So, the fact they can do it as a unit, even though it's not as good as those defenses, it still shows a HUGE progression within BB's confidence in being able to scheme with them. It's all part of the process.  So, we see troll idiots like Phat Rex babbling about yards allowed, as if that is a precursor to bad defense in this bend/don't break or the idea he never watched a BB defense that started to bring in new bodies starting in 2001. After 2002, he had a base to work with that essentially lasted from 2003-2007. BY 2008, he had an entire new secondary and in 2009, many of the front 7 players were gone with new ones learning as well. Now, it appears to be slowly building, and this is the fear of the haters/trolls. They know this can evolve again.  lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

It is somewhat heartening when you consider one of Mannings greatest strengths is in his ability to read defenses and change plays at the line. The only thing that could counter that is that I don't know how much Sanchez is allowed to call audibles if at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patriots by, at least, 17.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Jets predictions : It is somewhat heartening when you consider one of Mannings greatest strengths is in his ability to read defenses and change plays at the line. The only thing that could counter that is that I don't know how much Sanchez is allowed to call audibles if at all.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

How is that a counter, though?  I still think the disguise concept can be effective without a QB knowing when to audible, etc.

I think the D can be very effective if the gameplan allows them to keep Hair Gel in the pocket.

I think we'll see an edge rush that comes wide and a Wilfork push, DEs push and the occassional stunt and blitz.

Couple that with the disguising, and I can see Sanchez panicking with his throws.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

At the risk of jeopardizing my creds as a Pats fan since the Mike Holovak days, I see this as a nail-biter with the Pats eking out a 24-20 win.  I hope I'm wrong and the game is safely in the Pats win column by the start of the 4th qtr but I don't think so. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

The Pats will score so many points, the scoreboard will have to display the Pats score as an exponent:

Patriots - 4.38E6
    Jets - 0

Of course, I'm kidding. Not going to give a number (for the fear of jinxing the game), but I'll be surprised if the margin of victory (for whoever) will be in double digits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE] I'll be surprised if the margin of victory (for whoever) will be in double digits.
    Posted by TheCommittee[/QUOTE]
    I won't.  Pats might easily get 10 ahead.

It's partly who the Patriots have been beating lately, and by how much.  It's partly that the rookies have been on a learning curve and I want to extrapolate where they've gotten to.  It's partly that BB has a big toybox, he's been building something for 10 days, and this time the Jets are a known quantity for him.

Do the Patriots have the bulls to stop up the Jets' running game?  Vince Wilfork, Brace is getting good, Deaderick, Spikes, Mayo, maybe Pryor. 

Do the Jets have a running game?  LaDanian Tomlinson is down to 3.4 yards per carry in his last 4 games.  Shonn Greene is a half-respectable 3.8 yards. 

Do the Patriots stop the pass?  I think they hurry and knock down quarterbacks ok lately.  They give up yards especially when they're way ahead and the other team throws in desperation, but also they get lots of picks.  Manning tossed three picks.  Is Sanchez as smart onfield as Peyton Manning? 

Can the Jets cover five receivers?  They only have one Revis Island.  They have rookie Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Wilson as their third CB.  If the weather is breezy, having no true long ball receivers won't really matter to the Patriots because they'll just throw short, although I'd like to see Taylor Price debut sometime.

Can the Jets blitz?  The Patriots O-line has gotten quite good lately.  Tom Brady hasn't thrown an interception in five games, and he's thrown 36, 43, 25 and 27 passes in the past four games, so it's not like he's hiding.  3 sacks given up in the past four games.

I suspect that the Jets can defend against the run.  New England will run a bit anyways.  It's the two tight ends.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i dont call a blowout very often but... 42 13 pats