Pats will not make any moves..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Pats will not make any moves..

smorgan86, relax why so cynical? The Pats have made moves every year some good (Moss?Welker) some bad (AD, Galloway). The trading down should stop you're right they've missed out on some good LBers last draft. Every once in a while you have to draft a blue chip in the upper 1st round, and the Pats haven't done that in while ...as you say they always go for the cheap pick. I think it has caught up to this team and needs to stop, this team needs an infusion of top talent badly.

I do understand your cynicism

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Since we are so down isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 anyways Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Pats will not make any moves..:
    [QUOTE]At least the ones you're hearing rumors about. Forget it! Peppers isn't coming here, neither is Bolden or Dansby...or ANY D-back worth a damn. They'll also trade out of any first round pick as they always do..so forget any mock drafts with NE manuevering anything in Round 1. The only moves they'll make there is trading out for their coveted "value" player..ie CHEAP PICK! They'll also franchise Wilfork or pi** him off so much that he'll hold out in 2010..then they'll trade him for more "value" picks in 2012 They also won't name any coordinators so forget that fantasy of some hot D-coordinator coming in. Our defense was so great this year anyway right? So why bother with that?? So, look for another off season of bargain shopping free agents who more than likely will be cut by opening day, drafting late 2nd and 3rd round players who won't develop into anything usuable in the near future and another squandered year of Brady's prime (assuming they actually pay him!)
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that the Pats don't make any splashes in Free agency or trading?  Did we forget about Rodney, Colvin, Adalius, Moss, Welker, Dillon, etc...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

With Brady and Vince W. in contract negotiations, I have to agree with the Pats not making any big moves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves..:
    [QUOTE]With Brady and Vince W. in contract negotiations, I have to agree with the Pats not making any big moves.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

Why?  Brady has another year and VW will get tagged.....it is a non-salary capped year......Expect something Big!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Although I would never confuse this organization with the Bruins, I would admit some of their arrogance has cost them valuable years of Brady's prime. Letting Branch go without a replacement. Trading Seymour without anything to pick up the slack. Trading down to many times for the future. This year was another wasted year, look at the AFC this year, if the team was built for the here and now we could of taken advantage of the weakness of the conference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : Why?  Brady has another year and VW will get tagged.....it is a non-salary capped year......Expect something Big!
    Posted by m1021us[/QUOTE]

Why deal with Brady?  That way you DON'T face the issue of "he's going to be a free agent after this season" and somehow irritate him enough to let him leave.  Think about it. 

They can't do anything TOO big salary-wise.  Nobody is going to come in for a 1-year HUGE deal if they're a legit playmaker, they want multiple years.  There are still certain rules and regulations as to how you can structure a contract, you can't frontload it very much for cases like these.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Pats will not make any moves..:
    [QUOTE]At least the ones you're hearing rumors about. Forget it! Peppers isn't coming here, neither is Bolden or Dansby...or ANY D-back worth a damn. They'll also trade out of any first round pick as they always do..so forget any mock drafts with NE manuevering anything in Round 1. The only moves they'll make there is trading out for their coveted "value" player..ie CHEAP PICK! They'll also franchise Wilfork or pi** him off so much that he'll hold out in 2010..then they'll trade him for more "value" picks in 2012 They also won't name any coordinators so forget that fantasy of some hot D-coordinator coming in. Our defense was so great this year anyway right? So why bother with that?? So, look for another off season of bargain shopping free agents who more than likely will be cut by opening day, drafting late 2nd and 3rd round players who won't develop into anything usuable in the near future and another squandered year of Brady's prime (assuming they actually pay him!)
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

You really know nothing of this team do you?  Have some cheese with your whine.  The Pats do NOT regularly trade down.  That has been the rarity, a whole thread backed that up.  Have a clue before you yap.  I am sure your not Robert Kraft, so u have no idea what they are going to do.  Go follow another team if u dont like it.  I am so tired of the whiney cry babies like you on here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You've got to be kidding me with they usualy don't trade down. I'm not saying it's always a mistake when they do it, I just think they need to be more agressive for right now. They traded down in the top ten (got Mayo), traded out of the first round and then again last year. When your watching the draft and it's around the third round and all of the sudden you see them disapear, Guess what? They traded out of the round. It happens every year and the day after the draft you here them say they didn't think the draft was very good after the first 20 some odd players. Then 3 years later you see some of those very same players they pass on become very good NFL starters. We're not isolating just the first round here, take a look at the later rounds with this team, they always are looking to add picks for the following draft. The logic at the time was alot of them wouldn't make the team, that's not the case anymore and it shouldn't of been then either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats will not make any moves.. :   You really know nothing of this team do you?  Have some cheese with your whine.  The Pats do NOT regularly trade down.  That has been the rarity, a whole thread backed that up.  Have a clue before you yap.  I am sure your not Robert Kraft, so u have no idea what they are going to do.  Go follow another team if u dont like it.  I am so tired of the whiney cry babies like you on here.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Actually -

2009:
    23 traded for 26 and 162
    26 and 162 traded for 41, 73 and 83
    73 traded for 232 and future 2nd
    89 traded for future 2nd

2008:
    7 and 164 traded for 10 and 78
    69 traded for 160 and future 2nd

2007:
    28 traded for 110 and future 1st
    91 traded for 211 and future 3rd

2005:
    64 trade for 84, 6th rnd #21 and future 3rd

2003:
    78 traded for future 2nd
    75 and 140 traded for 81 and future 4th

So in 5 of the last 7 years the Pats have made far more trades down then trades up (and with the exception of Chad Jackson the moves up were minor position changes) But with that being said I like the move downs as most have panned out to be better players then picks that weren't recieved by trading or trading up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

sure they will

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This reads like something written by a Jet's fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

posted at 2/17/2010 6:18 PM EST

Anyone care to wager how long BDC allows this to hang around?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

posted at 2/17/2010 6:18 PM EST alcondragon Anyone care to wager how long BDC allows this to hang around?
    Posted by p-mike

Sorry I just thought that was funny, they took it off already

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : Why deal with Brady?  That way you DON'T face the issue of "he's going to be a free agent after this season" and somehow irritate him enough to let him leave.  Think about it.  They can't do anything TOO big salary-wise.  Nobody is going to come in for a 1-year HUGE deal if they're a legit playmaker, they want multiple years.  There are still certain rules and regulations as to how you can structure a contract, you can't frontload it very much for cases like these.
    Posted by jasonh86

It is not manditory to make a deal with Brady now when he still has a year on his contract.....Irritate Brady for not making a deal when his current deal is not up?  How?

Who said anything about signing a 1 year HUGE deal?  I know that they can't frontload deals.  Players can not increase their pay over a certain percentage over what they made the year before.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

If the medication isn't working.....OMMMMMM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The best players available are our own...  Wilfork, Bodden, Mankins.   If we sign all of our own players than we will have made some moves to solidify our future.

Also I don't expect BB to name or hire any coordinators and believe this to be our biggest problem area.  Defensively we can get away with it but we need somebody to run the offense and switch us back to a power running team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

m1021us, I'm sure that you know all about NFL economics, I hear they offer a course on it at the local community college. I'm not saying the Pats should sign everyone that had a decent year, I'm saying they sometimes don't have a good enough back up plan. They have missed out on valuable years of arguably the greatest QB that we will ever see in this area. To think that every year his play and superior coaching are going to get it done is wrong. And teams make huge mistakes all the time on free agent signings and guess what? They don't destroy the salary structure of the team as much as the Krafts would lead you to believe, it may hurt the owners pockets, but the cap goes up every year 3-7 million so the teams that make mistakes are'nt in prison. You think the NFL wants to discourage spending? Drink some more of Kraft's cool aid!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Pats will not make any moves.. : Are you saying that the Pats don't make any splashes in Free agency or trading?  Did we forget about Rodney, Colvin, Adalius, Moss, Welker, Dillon, etc...?
    Posted by m1021us

How long ago were some of those signings?? I'm not saying they haven't had success in the past with their philosophies but lately they have completely ignored KEY needs such as a 3rd WR, D-back (don't even get me started on that one!) and linebackers. What burns me is it's almost like an arrogance with them to prove that "their way" is the only way. This past year was a complete disaster in terms of player decsions so that's how you measure sucesss in sports..what you do NOW, not what was done in the distant past (and yes, 3 years is distant past in sports)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : alcondragon's page Our editors are reviewing this community member's Page. Not long.....That tool was asking for it....
    Posted by m1021us

Oh dont worry m102us, I will be back and if force to flame your sorry self trust me. Your mouth and woman like behaviour has just put you on a list you will soon wish it hadnt. your nothing but a gutless punk on here that slams everyone for their opinion and then run like the woman you are for th ehill and cry like a baby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : It is not manditory to make a deal with Brady now when he still has a year on his contract.....Irritate Brady for not making a deal when his current deal is not up?  How? Who said anything about signing a 1 year HUGE deal?  I know that they can't frontload deals.  Players can not increase their pay over a certain percentage over what they made the year before.....
    Posted by m1021us

You are being reported by at least 10 people on here or your insults, degrading people and over all being a total jerk. Now lets see how you like a tatse of your own medicine, oh the list of fans you dont have is growing sunshine and being reported. you need a lesson in keeping your big mouth shut

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : Why?  Brady has another year and VW will get tagged.....it is a non-salary capped year......Expect something Big!
    Posted by m1021us

You really are totally clueless Mr. Tool. and yet yo ucontinue to insult others with your big mouth and no nothing intelligence

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

m1021us, I'm sure that you know all about NFL economics, I hear they offer a course on it at the local community college. I'm not saying the Pats should sign everyone that had a decent year, I'm saying they sometimes don't have a good enough back up plan. They have missed out on valuable years of arguably the greatest QB that we will ever see in this area. To think that every year his play and superior coaching are going to get it done is wrong. And teams make huge mistakes all the time on free agent signings and guess what? They don't destroy the salary structure of the team as much as the Krafts would lead you to believe, it may hurt the owners pockets, but the cap goes up every year 3-7 million so the teams that make mistakes are'nt in prison. You think the NFL wants to discourage spending? Drink some more of Kraft's cool aid!
    Posted by mthurl

mthurl, your wasing your time, this guy is an idiot. gets on here insults people then runs and hides. I admit I joke but this guy is just way out there and knows everything about the Patriots, and all of football.  A total moron

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : How long ago were some of those signings?? I'm not saying they haven't had success in the past with their philosophies but lately they have completely ignored KEY needs such as a 3rd WR, D-back (don't even get me started on that one!) and linebackers. What burns me is it's almost like an arrogance with them to prove that "their way" is the only way. This past year was a complete disaster in terms of player decsions so that's how you measure sucesss in sports..what you do NOW, not what was done in the distant past (and yes, 3 years is distant past in sports)
    Posted by smorgan86

Ignored Key positions?  since when is the 3rd WR a key position?  And how is signing Galloway, Stallworth or Gaff-me ignoring the position? 

D-back?  Like getting Bodden and Springs?  That ignoring?

Linebackers?  LOL!

Keep throwing the arrogance flag when you know nothing about the inner workings of Building an NFL team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

The Pats were still the division champions last year. There have been a lot of elite teams over the past decade that couldn't keep competitive year over year and the Pats have by and large.

Every year these guys play I feel very good about their playoff chances. Does anyone remember the change from 2002 to 2003 with this team? Let's see what happens this offseason and my guess is they're still a playoff team next year.

The number one killer of this team since 2004 is the injury bug. If you wanted to make a statement that the Pats can't find healthy players I'd agree with you and not playing in a dome probably has something to do with that. Let's be honest though, if the starters could stay healthy a whole season they would be consistently great.