Re: Pats Win, Jets Lose, PhatRex & The Pathetic Jets fans are no shows!
posted at 10/1/2012 3:14 PM EDT
I read through this thread and boy how much of it is just a waste of time.
If you get past name calling and get past team affiliation here is what is left:
What good things can someone say about the Jets so far this season:
1. The Jets are 2-2 and tied for first in the division. After that there is very, very little good to say about that team.
What negative things can you say about the Jets:
1. Their coach thought this was the best team he has had since he got there. So far they look like the worst. AFTER last season ended Ryan admitted he didn't have the pulse of the team (like when he named the least team like player a captain at the start of it all). Ryan does not seem to have a feel for much of anything so far.
2. Their D cant stop the run and has no pass rush. The added safeties are more hitters than coverage guys so it doesnt address the coverage problems the safeties had last year. A bad combination of faults.
3. They want to be ground and pound but they do not have a dominant RB - he is neither fast nor especially powerful nor shifty... He is just a run of the mill RB who is OK but nothing special. They do not have anything special or complementary behind him. And perhaps most critical their O line has a couple of holes and their TE - while a good receiver - is not a blocker and so not especially valuable in ground and pound.
4. THeir QB can make throws but is not consistent in his accuracy. That makes him like a lot of the average to mediocre QBs around the league.
Bottom line is their O looks very, very bad. THeir D looks more and more mediocre. I think the only reason they get press is that they are in NY. Had all this happened in Cleveland or Seattle or Arizona or St Louis or Tennessee or almost anywhere else their would be the sound of crickets every time the team was brought up on TV.
I hope the Jets do well enough to keep Ryan and Sanchez. I'm not sure that is likely.