Pats workout 2 PS eligible QBs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Pats workout 2 PS eligible QBs

Teblows... Rudy was only a movie, it never happened like they said it did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

What for? tebow threw the most tds of pre season.

"Defense Wins Championships"

Mallet has more

But Tebow does have the most int's, had the most sacks for negative yrds, had the lowest QBR, and had the lowest completion % all against 3rd string Ds. Again why waste a 53man spot on him if you can pick up a PS eligible who can give you the same?

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I know you probably won't account for this, but BB will. TT was learning the system and outplayed the incumbent BU after a full camp and pre-season. Give credit where it is due.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

True. But Rudy didn't win the Heisman, beat the Steelers in the Burg in the playoffs or get drafted in the 1st round in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey, Eng did Tebow steal your lunch money before or after he sucker punched you in the bean bag?

"Defense Wins Championships"

LMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ahhh, I know you probably won't account for this, but BB will. TT was learning the system and outplayed the incumbent BU after a full camp and pre-season. Give credit where it is due.

I'll give credit that this is the best that Tebow has looked all preseason, which even still was just mediocre, but you think he outplayed Mallett? Did you watch the first half at all?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Absolutely a legit concern. Yet, I think even though I may be in the minority, we need a kid like Tebow on this football team. It is my view point that the intangibles this kid does have out weighs the fact he will hopefully never play QB for us(due to Brady being the best QB in the lg and all). It has been my position that this football team has difficulty handling pressure situations and individuals on this team have came up short, doubted themselves in crunch time and not delivered. I think more leaders of men will help in that area.

In short I value leadership, hard work and dedication over prospects for the 3rd and 4rth string depth. I believe BB feels this way as well and this is why he signed Tebow and despite his terrible accuracy in the pre season this is why Tebow will remain a Patriot.

Yes he has intangibles but really there have been plenty of great guys that gave leadership with no talent that were let go because of the lack of talent. Imo the reason they brought Tebow in was to be Hernandez's Jimmy Cricket and of course a week later Hernandez kills someone which made the point moot but they weren't going to cut him then because it would look bad for Tebow and them at that point. Tebow is a great guy but as a 3rd string QB he just isn't any good how can you expect him to lead from the bench or more than likely from Kraft's box if he isn't active? At that point he might as well just be an overpaid mascot. He's more like the little brother to everyone. Everyone loves him and supports him but I don't think anyone looks at him and says, that's a football player I could learn from and rally around. He's Rudy but would you want Rudy over someone who might provide something to the team more than being loved?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

If the Pats make it to the SB and they play in a winter storm, TT is your running qb in a single wing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

If the Pats make it to the SB and they play in a winter storm, TT is your running qb in a single wing.

Brady is the best winter storm QB in the league. Why would you take him out in the SB to play Tebow? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

True. But Rudy didn't win the Heisman, beat the Steelers in the Burg in the playoffs or get drafted in the 1st round in the NFL.

That game was in Denver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah it would sux to be a champion.

I think I'd rather be a good NFL QB then win a colege championship and not have a NFL career personally

[/QUOTE]

Really?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You wouldn't? One pays the bills and then some. Another is trophy talk when you are 45 and wishing your life went differently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah it would sux to be a champion.

I think I'd rather be a good NFL QB then win a colege championship and not have a NFL career personally

[/QUOTE]

Really?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You wouldn't? One pays the bills and then some. Another is trophy talk when you are 45 and wishing your life went differently.

[/QUOTEI honestly dont know. there are more important things then money, but at the same time the financial security being a "good qb" would offer is enticing. Then again a championship lasts for eternity.]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Probably because none of the practice squad guys lead their NFL teams to a winning record and a playoff win in Pitt, or lead their college teams to national championships, or has the respect of BB and from what it looked like on the side lines the respect of every player on the team. But what do I know, I must be brain washed by the tebow cult, becuase nothing of what i said above is true....right?

lol plenty of players have the respect of their teammates and BB but they don't always have the talent. BTW look at the Heismen wins of the past. Except for Palmer not a single QB who's "won" in college was any good in the pro's for the last 30 yrs

[/QUOTE]

you'd think that scouts would take that into account when scouting heissman winning college QBs - avoid like the plague....lolLaughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I honestly dont know. there are more important things then money, but at the same time the financial security being a "good qb" would offer is enticing. Then again a championship lasts for eternity.]

Well until you die, but the money you make if invested properly could be enough to support your grand kids and their grand kids even after you die

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Imo the reason they brought Tebow in was to be Hernandez's Jimmy Cricket and of course a week later Hernandez kills someone which made the point moot but they weren't going to cut him then because it would look bad for Tebow and them at that point.

Now you're getting into Rusty-like insanity PE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

I honestly dont know. there are more important things then money, but at the same time the financial security being a "good qb" would offer is enticing. Then again a championship lasts for eternity.]

Well until you die, but the money you make if invested properly could be enough to support your grand kids and their grand kids even after you die

[/QUOTE]
    Or you could lose that money in an unexpected turn of events called.....life. one thing IS certain though, once you win a championship, you are a champion and will always be remembered as one....even after you die.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Imo the reason they brought Tebow in was to be Hernandez's Jimmy Cricket and of course a week later Hernandez kills someone which made the point moot but they weren't going to cut him then because it would look bad for Tebow and them at that point.

How is that insane? They just invested 40mil in a guy that was known to be a bit of a lose cannon at times. If they felt he was starting to get back out of control why not bring in a good influence in camp to try to protect that investment? How is that much different then bringing in a guy to provide competition to drive a player to work harder. Same effect, you are trying to maximize an investment in a player by using another player to drive what needs to be done. It's documented Urban used that tactic with Hernandez having him room with Tebow and travel with the Pouncey brothers so if BB thought Hernandez needed to be reigned in a little after going a bit crazy from a big contract why wouldn't he use a similar tactic? It's not like Tebow's contract was gauranteed and if it did work I would then say a 53man spot was worth spending to proctect an investment that could have produced a top 10 TE in the league

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Or you could lose that money in an unexpected turn of events called.....life. one thing IS certain though, once you win a championship, you are a champion and will always be remembered as one....even after you die.

Very true, True. I guess it's just a matter of priorities. Frankly once I die I don't really care if someone remembers me for being a champion but I do care if my family is taken care of. So if given the choice I'd rather take the risk of supporting that family far into the future than to be known as a guy who won a championship. Just out of curiosity do you know the winning QB of the 02' BCS game without looking it up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Very true, True. I guess it's just a matter of priorities. Frankly once I die I don't really care if someone remembers me for being a champion but I do care if my family is taken care of. So if given the choice I'd rather take the risk of supporting that family far into the future than to be known as a guy who won a championship. Just out of curiosity do you know the winning QB of the 02' BCS game without looking it up?

[/QUOTE]
    Negative. Although Ive never really been able to watch ncaa football due to wor schedule. i could tell you the nfl champions over the last 20 years probably. Anyway, I might choose the money as well, but I wonder if you ask NFL QB's what they would choose between being a good qb but not winning SB's and a college champion what they would answer?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Negative. Although Ive never really been able to watch ncaa football due to wor schedule. i could tell you the nfl champions over the last 20 years probably. Anyway, I might choose the money as well, but I wonder if you ask NFL QB's what they would choose between being a good qb but not winning SB's and a college champion what they would answer?

You might be surprised. I listed the QB's who won the BCS title since 00' on page 1 for some reason I don't think anyone but Newton is on anyones list right now for a starting job. But at least Newton and to some degree Young have'd played and been starters. I would picture most of them being like the Texas football movies everyone seen with the 40-50 yr old dad living in the past saying "we were state champions" but all of them wished they had a shot at the pro's.  You should see the list of Heisman winning QB's over the last 30 years. It's actually pretty sad

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

How is that insane?

[/QUOTE]

Because it's completely made up. That's what Rusty does.

One of life's simple rules for happiness and sanity: Don't do what Rusty does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Babe almost everything is made up on these boards and pure speculation. The difference is Rusty holds it as fact while I clearly say it's an opinion. You can't tell me you never speculated on a player making a team or not, or who you think they are going to draft, or *caugh* the reason why they brought in a player?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Babe almost everything is made up on these boards and pure speculation. The difference is Rusty holds it as fact while I clearly say it's an opinion. You can't tell me you never speculated on a player making a team or not, or who you think they are going to draft, or *caugh* the reason why they brought in a player?

[/QUOTE]

I may speculate about some football things, but I don't make up stuff like "IMO Kraft wants Tebow because he's considering converting to Christianity and Bob needs a mentor". LMAO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I may speculate about some football things, but I don't make up stuff like "IMO Kraft wants Tebow because he's considering converting to Christianity and Bob needs a mentor". LMAO

Ok, all the reasons you gave that they picked up Tebow for show me proof of Kraft or BB saying that those were the reasons. Please point out that they say they picked him up because he won the Heisman, or that he turned Den around, or that he's as good as Luck. Face it Babe what you are calling me insane for is the same thing you did to say why they signed him and why they are going to keep him in the first place.

That's why they are opinions. Opinions are your belief in something. Just as long as they are reasonable and not stated as fact they aren't insane. So please tell me if what I said was unreasonable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Guess I'm not the only one who thought up that:

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/08/how_to_solve_th.html

5. Tebow was supposed to be Aaron Hernandez’ “Jiminy Crickett.”

As the Patriots learned about their former tight end’s off-field issues, maybe they thought one way to bring Hernandez back to Earth was to reunite him with his spiritual teammate from the University of Florida. Oops.

not such a crazy theory after all if other people think of it. BTW I see some of yours on his list too

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus