Pay Talib..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Re: Pay Talib..

I agree pay Talib...

...just keep the guaranteed dollars conditional on his off field behavior.

OTOH, if Trish can learn how to scheme pass rush packages, the team wouldn't be so dependent on any one CB.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I am pretty sure players in every sport try to play great in a contract year. Would be nice to keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He turned down a multi-year deal before accepting the one year deal. So far, good call on his part. Wouldn't shock me if they just end up franchising him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He turned down a multi-year deal before accepting the one year deal. So far, good call on his part. Wouldn't shock me if they just end up franchising him.

Hope there's no language in his contract that says they can't franchise him. I dont know anything about his situation but most of us would want a big payday to secure our families futures and I can't blame him if that's his choice.

i just hope BB realizes what we all see And maybe offers him an around market value contract. A cornerback of his talent are far and few between. If your going to sign a guard like mankins to a contract like that I personally think the corner position is harder to fill..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope there's no language in his contract that says they can't franchise him. I dont know anything about his situation but most of us would want a big payday to secure our families futures and I can't blame him if that's his choice.

i just hope BB realizes what we all see And maybe offers him an around market value contract. A cornerback of his talent are far and few between. If your going to sign a guard like mankins to a contract like that I personally think the corner position is harder to fill..

[/QUOTE]

98.5 Sports Hub Felger/Mazz reported today they can franchise him. I don't care what they do, just keep him here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Talib is the most talented CB we have had since Law. But. Lots of guys mail it in once they get a big contract. You have to know the guy and feel pretty sure he is a pure competitor rather than just a guy cashing in his chips (ala Seymour and Revis).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Talib is the most talented CB we have had since Law. But. Lots of guys mail it in once they get a big contract. You have to know the guy and feel pretty sure he is a pure competitor rather than just a guy cashing in his chips (ala Seymour and Revis).

very true, the whole mantra of guys' game changes when its a 'prove it' year (which Talib is under) and a guy signed to huge deals. i really hope Talib is a competitor and i hope BB doles out for him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skylinekid. Show skylinekid's posts

Talib will get 12 million a year guaranteed! 5 year 60 million bank on it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately when they could have had him for 5/25 they settled on a one year 'prove it deal' so the Talib camp is doing exactly that and it will cost like 4/50 to keep him past '13.

Hindsight is 20/20..

We were all happy with the 1 yr deal at the time given his history...

I think now we are just seeing what this defense could be with him locked in.

[/QUOTE]

Not me, I wanted him locked up for 4-5 years in the spring