PAY Vince Wilfork or turn him into Mount Cody and Carlos Dunlap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

PAY Vince Wilfork or turn him into Mount Cody and Carlos Dunlap

Dont get me wrong big Vince is a stud, a loyal soldier, and a lockerroom leader where more are desperatley needed. However, if the Pats aren't going to do right by Vince, dont franchise him, trade him for a 1 and 2 (or two 1's) and pick up "Mount" Cody for NT and Carlos Dunlap at DE, plus still have all the 2nd round picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: PAY Vince Wilfork or turn him into Mount Cody and Carlos Dunlap

How about we get some offensive linemen who can keep brady healthy instead of worrying about the D.  We only had one blowout this year, offense was the problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Franchise him... then trade him for a first round pick...simple... easy... done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"However, if the Pats aren't going to do right by Vince, dont franchise him, trade him for a 1 and 2 (or two 1's) and pick up "Mount" Cody for NT and Carlos Dunlap at DE, plus still have all the 2nd round picks."

They can't trade him unless he signs a contract with them.  If they don't franchise him, they no longer hold his rights and he will just sign with another team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

posted at 1/28/2010 3:49 PM EST
    First: 8/2/2009
    Last: 1/28/2010
    mighty...that might be the most foolish post I've ever seen.  Agreed the offensive line needs work but to expect blowouts every game is ridiculous.  2007 was an aberration, to expect it to happen again is wishful thinking.  This defense needs help...bad.  And by the way, they beat Tampa Bay and Jacksonville by 28, do you not consider those to be  blowout victories also?
    I meant our team was only blown out once - by New Orleans.  Every other game we were in it but our offense couldn't get the job done late in the game.  So let's keep the franchise healthy and get him some more protection up front. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

There will be plenty of offensive lineman still available in the second and later rounds. our main focus should be on a pass rusher and another linebacker in the first round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Siestafiesta: They can trade Wilfork up until March 5th,thats when they officially have to either trade him or tender him by or of course sign him to a long term contract. This is the time to trade any player you think will garner you more than one draft choice as this is the deepest draft in quite awhile. Here's an idea trade Wilfork and the Patriots #22 pick to Detroit for thier first round an second round picks #'s 2 and 34,with those picks draft Joe Haden and Mt.Cody,thereby solving 2 problems in one move.,and you still would have pick#'s 42,48and 54 too work on whatever else ails your present team,maybe take the best OLB available with #42,take the best OG available at #48 and at #54 snag a WR or ILB. This is a great draft so its up to the Patriots to try and maximize their efforts to acquire picks.I would also check the market for Matt Light you might be able to get a second or a third for him if so you wind up picking up all of your needs this year from the well stocked shelves at the rookie store...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Mount Cody showed up at the senior bowl this week and looked like a giant pile of chocolate pudding. 380 pounds of blubber ain't gonna do cr@p in the NFL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"harleyroadking103
    CODY weighed in at 370 pounds not 380.
    moron" PatsFan 24-7

Lol ha-ha, Great point PatsFan 24-7...yet I believe Harley's point was that Mt. Cody began the season @354lbs, ended it @365lbs, and now weighed in for the Senior Bowl @370lbs (and scouts said it was an "ugly 370").  And So (I'll continue to spell)-Cody is preparing for the biggest day of his life, By gaining MORE weight, when by far his biggest issues that concern ALL NFL Scouts are Cody's Stamina and Overall Health and Physical Conditioning...  PatsFan, Next time rather than calling someone a "mor#n", Just give either Harley or Myself a simple heads-up and one of us will forward you A Post-Comprehension Key and An English Alphabet, no prob...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"ugly 370"

What does a good looking 370 look like?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

""ugly 370" What does a good looking 370 look like?" arodrambone

~Mannnn arodrambone, I knew someone would mention that strange coupling of words, as I did a double-take too.  I'm thinkin' now though, A "Good 370lbs" on the scale is when someone else is behind you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Cody comes in with a nice set of man boobs too.  This guys stock has taken a dive.  Nothing like eating yourself out of football.  His weight is one obstacle but you gotta wonder about this guys IQ too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Mound Cody is more like it. I'd rather we take our chances with Pryor and Brace if we can't keep Vince.
     I agree with Mighty, OL is where the Pats should go with #22 (Iupati). That will be our biggest need when you consider FA and retirement losses. There will be plenty of pass rushers in the 2nd round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cody is also overly tall for a nose tackle, not that he couldn't do it, Ted Washington was pretty tall but a low center of gravity and the ability to get under his opponents pads is crucial...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Pats24-7,

Weak man, really weak. I'm sorry you can't spell (Favre thread). The word loser has 1 o not 2.

Also check this out....moron, http://www.youtube.com/v/wNCdVEfoBEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wNCdVEfoBEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

There are great OL in rd 2 as well.  Lets grab Kindle 1st, then in the 2nd RB Dwyer, OG/C Pouncey, and with the last 2nd, best player in a position we need that was not address in FA (WR, OT, OLD, ILB, DL)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I would love to see BB address the LB situation. But knowing BB, he will make some unpopular decisions on his picks.  All this draft talk is exciting, but I have a feeling most of us are going to be disappointed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Mor I like Kindle and would have agreed until I saw two players at the Senior Bowl pracitices.
    DE/DT Jared Odrick from Penn State and CB Kyle Wilson from Boise St.

These guys are moving up boards and both are very good prospects.  I've heard (including Mayock who I trust on his projection and player evaluation) that Wilson has the skills to be a #2 from day 1 in the NFL at worst he'll be a nickel and able to help as a return man.

Odrick is also a stud, the guy has played at a very high level and can be a 34 DE or 43 DT.  Either of these two guys will be my pick.  I think some of these LBs fall to the second round and we can pickup 1 at #42 or even 48?/47.  For the immediate impact 1st I pick Wilson because there's more depth at DT in later rounds.
    We can pickup DE Vince Oghobaase or Corery Wootton in the 2nd or even wait to the 4th and get value here with Tyson Alualu or Alex Carrington.
    Wilson has the make up to be as good over better than Asante.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Pats24-7,
    Weak man, really weak. I'm sorry you can't spell (Favre thread). The word loser has 1 o not 2."  ~Harley

~Back off there Harley...tough luck bud, cause I already started cutting out the animals in shapes of alphabet letters for him, You got the tougher job in composing an all-inclusive, elementary-level-understood Post Comprehension Key...  Although, I am having great difficulties in contorting the elephant into the E Shape, and even larger concerns of him recognizing that Elephant is for E, and not Elephant = L...  WHY oh why I ask you, can't they all be as easy as dear old Snake...why harley? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

7393- I haven't been able to catch any of Wilson in what little I have seen of the senior bowl practices. I did see his RV though. Any idea what he is like as a teammate? Gotta be a HUGE ego (not a bad thing for a CB).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

russ if you are talking about my post I was talking about trading picks for picks not about the VW situation.

I'm sure there are teams willing to spend a 1st rounder on VW but which team?  On a draft thread I suggested the 49rs trade one of their 2 1st rnd picks for VW.  An article I read suggests the niners are moving to a base 34 instead of been a balanced 34 43, they currently also have a NT/DT that is in his contract year but is not as good as VW.

If they are going to spend some cash on a franchise guy why not trade for VW and pay him the same money as to their own NT who is not as good of a player and get vince a long term deal in SF.  I also agree that in this draft I would take 2 2nd rnds and something else for VW.  The question is in a base 34 in NE we don't have anyone in house to take over for him.  We can find a replacement in the draft but can he be a starter right away? big question, there are some FA taht I think could be the answer until rookies develop.

Also if we get better at LBs it would help not having a great NT anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Hate to say it, but after all of this time if the two sides are not close to a deal (and by Vince's words I'd guess they're not) then a tag and trade seems inevitable.  Unless the Pats are biding their time to see what happens with the uncapped year, which could help to get Vince back (e.g. large portion of guaranteed moeny paid oven the course of one year). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from northernhollow. Show northernhollow's posts

Allow Wilfork to walk so we can get the fattest, most out of shape player in the draft, and then team him with the 2nd most overrated player in the draft?  You've got to be kidding me.  As mentioned previously Sergio Kindle/Brandon Graham/Eric Norwood is the direction we should be going in.  The league is changing, we can't keep letting good veterans go only to go gambling every April.  It's left this team way depleted in talent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I believe the PATs are waiting to see what plays out with the cap situation, this is an unprecedented year and none of us, or at least I haven't, taken the time to read the particulars of the off season dealings. 

We need to sign Wilfork, Mankins and extend Brady; beyond that I could care less...  if we can't sign Vince, than we've had a good look at Brace and we'll get compensated sufficiently.  Mankins has no replacement behind him and is very important, he paves the road in our run game. 

Either way we have a lot of picks and I still trust Bill can spot a good one... now whether he can admit he needs help and hire a decent coordinator is another thing entirely?