Pay Welker

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Pay Welker

Yep. Anyone who says, "He's just a slot receiver," is on crack. He's just about the best slot receiver ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I agree with you but it's not my money. We need to see how they are with the return of Hernandez. Welker was clutch again.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Keep the chant going. Pay The MAN. He's a rare breed of a slot receiver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'll donate $50

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Been saying this all along and couldn't believe how many people were saying he's too old, blah, blah, blah.  Wes Welker is a huge part of this teams offense.  Really, what more could be said about his importance to this team. 

Can we please pay Wes now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I second this motion. Welker always comes up big for us and consistently racks up yards and catches. I don't want to see him in another team's uniform.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

How many of those people still want to get rid of Welker?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was going to start a thread that said this but you beat me to it. He needs to be on this team until he retires!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Wellll. I just watched Wes in a post game live interview with CSN (Troy and Ty in the mix) and he was on his Patriots Way interview until  a question at the end.

I'm paraphrasing the wrap up to interview about how it "felt" to show how he still was a major contribitor to the success of the offense versus his limited play in the first couple of weeks- and he responded about playing more "Yeah, kinda nice to stick it in Bill's face once in awhile." With that twinkle in his eye.

Say What???? He got props from the studio. Not so sure BB will seee the humor. And might explain the push-pull going on between them... Or maybe not.

He got benched for the Rexie foot references- which he pulled off in a hilarious way. This was another moment for him. Rrot Roh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wellll. I just watched Wes in a post game live interview with CSN (Troy and Ty in the mix) and he was on his Patriots Way interview until  a question at the end.

I'm paraphrasing the wrap up to interview about how it "felt" to show how he still was a major contribitor to the success of the offense versus his limited play in the first couple of weeks- and he responded about playing more "Yeah, kinda nice to stick it in Bill's face once in awhile." With that twinkle in his eye.

Say What???? He got props from the studio. Not so sure BB will seee the humor. And might explain the push-pull going on between them... Or maybe not.

He got benched for the Rexie foot references- which he pulled off in a hilarious way. This was another moment for him. Rrot Roh.

[/QUOTE]

WHAT!? did he really say that....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Can't the Patriots franchise him again for next year?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Give Welker 15 mill or pay Spikes, Vollmer and lock up Ridley for another 3 years at nearly the same price...combined? 

Yeah, pass on Welker. Hernandez can do what he does and then some.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give Welker 15 mill or pay Spikes, Vollmer and lock up Ridley for another 3 years at nearly the same price...combined? 

[/QUOTE]

I like Hernandez but can he catch 120 passes a year repeatedly. Welker has been great every game but 1 this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I don't blame you for not wanting to pay him big money I strongly disagree with the lack of respect you give Welker. He's a warrior, one of the best wr's in NE history, no doubt. I'm not so sure Hernandez can fill Welker's role as easily as you think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Been saying this all along and couldn't believe how many people were saying he's too old, blah, blah, blah.  Wes Welker is a huge part of this teams offense.  Really, what more could be said about his importance to this team. 

Can we please pay Wes now?

[/QUOTE]

Perfect Tb12!  Haha.  Not sure what else Wes has to do to get a long term dealaround here?  He and Brady are SO in tune with one another it's ridiculous!  NO ONE can do what WELKER/Brady can do,period !  Ashame he'll be somewhere else next season, then watch this offense Sputter!  Ugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I just remember in the offseason, there were a lot of  pats fans out there saying WELKER is too old, you can't give a guy a decent amount of money at this point of his career, etc, etc, well I hope you same folks come on here. And at least say your wrong!  Brady is SO in tune with him, it's ridiculous.  If you cant see this, then your not watching the same game I am!

Pay WES!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like Hernandez but can he catch 120 passes a year repeatedly. Welker has been great every game but 1 this year.

[/QUOTE]

Can he? Yes, he can, will he? No. Ridley and the running backs will take a ton of snaps from Brady, I doubt Brady will have time to pass to any one reciever 100 times. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I don't blame you for not wanting to pay him big money I strongly disagree with the lack of respect you give Welker. He's a warrior, one of the best wr's in NE history, no doubt. I'm not so sure Hernandez can fill Welker's role as easily as you think.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Hern is back, so, we'll see. I'll take Hern over Wes anyday and that's not me taking a shot at Wes, that's just how good I think Hernandez is.