Peppers for Wilfork?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot3. Show patpatriot3's posts

Peppers for Wilfork?

I hate to bring this subject up again but.....From the AP:

A day after completely tearing his Achilles' tendon, the Panthers' largest player and top run-stuffer could only watch a group of inexperienced defensive tackles try to replace him.

"Bummed out," Kemoeatu said, his face partially hidden under a floppy hat. "I wasn't coming into camp expecting to get hurt on the first day. But that's all a part of football. The Carolina Panthers will move on. We're going to do good."

Kemoeatu is scheduled for surgery Wednesday, but remains hopeful that "maybe I'll make it back for the last month of the season." Kemoeatu hasn't been placed on injured reserve, and coach John Fox said the Panthers will consider holding a roster spot for him.

For now, Fox and new defensive coordinator Ron Meeks are more concerned with finding an immediate replacement at a position the salary cap-strapped Panthers had almost no depth entering camp

Any chance Carolina would do Peppers for Wilfork straight up?  Assuming of course that Brace looks good, Wilforks contract problems persist and our LB problem doesn't clear up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Peppers for Wilfork?

i know anything is possible,and that they both are on there final year,but one big diffrence is peppers 16 million 1 yr contract vs wilforks maybe 1 million.which would keep it from happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Hasn't this same topic already been hashed over? Or was it Seymour for Peppers? Probably both at one time or another. I don't see any advantage for the Patriots to trade a guy who is the best at a very important position in the 3-4 for a guy who has never played in one. Especially when both will be asking for huge contracts in less than a year! I guess anything is possible, but I'm not sure it would make much sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: Peppers for Wilfork?:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't this same topic already been hashed over? Or was it Seymour for Peppers? Probably both at one time or another. I don't see any advantage for the Patriots to trade a guy who is the best at a very important position in the 3-4 for a guy who has never played in one. Especially when both will be asking for huge contracts in less than a year! I guess anything is possible, but I'm not sure it would make much sense.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

hey bub, good to be back....it's the dr dribbletitz once again.  live from new orleans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peppers for Wilfork? : hey bub, good to be back....it's the dr dribbletitz once again.  live from new orleans.
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

No fancy psycadelic avatar? Hope you will bring back some of your alter egos like a couple years ago. Welcome back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peppers for Wilfork? : No fancy psycadelic avatar? Hope you will bring back some of your alter egos like a couple years ago. Welcome back!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

hey bud, i guess i'm just easing back into things you know?  good to know some old schoolers are still kickin round.  once the season kicks in i have a feelin there may be some mighty strange tooting trolls round here.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Why talk about Peppers, when Derrick Burgess is younger and cheaper? Burgess is a two-time Pro Bowler, so I think he would be great and according to their local papers he is a workaholic. Så lets keep Wilfork, Seymour and get Burgess. Peppers is not worth the money!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

burgess isnt younger,but cheaper money wise.the raiders need to drop the 3rd rd pick asking price on top of an additional 4th rd pick,and then maybe the pats might bite on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot3. Show patpatriot3's posts

If they just trade for each other, would the Pats still be on the hook for Peppers franchise tag?  I would think all deals would have to be re-done if they switched teams.  Granted, Peppers probably wouldn't want to take less since he's already guaranteed 16 mill.  I was justt hinking that Carolina is now desperate for a NT, but since he already signed the tag, I guess they are stuck with him unless someone ponies up the big bucks.  I agree he's not worth the money, but could have been one of those deals that helps out both teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Peppers is too high priced for this trade. Wilfork costs us way less and the coaching staff clearly has faith in Woods.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This again?

Both of these guys are contract headaches waiting to happen, so if for no other reason, you may as well stick with the known quantity who costs you less, rather than the guy who has never played in your system and is nations more expensive.

While we're discussion ridiculous scenarios that make absolutely no sense -- I'm preparing to launch my paper glider to the moon, and I need four guys to stretch the rubber band.

Anyone?

Bueller?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Great idea!!!!  Then we can cut Brady to get back under the salary cap.