peppers?? hahaha yeah right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

peppers?? hahaha yeah right

lets face it, peppers will not come here over chicago or philly. matter of fact, no significant FA will sign here...mark my words, BB will get nobody but a bunch of retreads like he usually does. wont even be able to resign some his own FA's like bodden. maybe he can waste a few more draft picks this year trading for guys he is gonna cut and/or not let play like last year.

the mystique is gone, all that "sign with new england for a chance at a ring" sentiment has officially vanished. the word is out, impact FA's now simply see the pats as a team that plays in a crappy climate, with a cheapskate FO that doesnt really pay people and has little respect for their veteran leaders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Re: peppers?? hahaha yeah right

I agree with you 100%! I've been preaching this for a year. Players are NOT going to come to NE to play for short money nor will the current players take less to stay. They will absolutely sit on their hands and wait to pick through the garbage in two weeks.  Oh, and on top of that they'll trade out of the first round in the draft. I'm sick of it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

LOL!  and Chicago is the place to be????  Why would anyone want to go to Chicago over NE?  What has Chicago done in the past 10 years?

Either you 2 love crying over spilled milk....or you are not Pats fans....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@m1021us..........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....thats why he will sign with Chicago over NE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oh, I suspect they'e Pats' fans, m1021. They sound very much like that new breed of Pats fan who magically appeared just after the turn of the century and can't be gone soon enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

hey you 2 chuckleheads...actually yes i am very much a pats fan and have been for many many years. boston guy here, born and bred, through good times and bad...giving me every right to voice my frustration and/or opinion of how BB has managed his rosters in recent years.

p-mike, chumps like you crack me up. you throw up an old school pats pic from the snowplow game and go around criticizing others for being this "new breed" of pats fan that just came around. please, as a kid i used to run around my yard with a nerf football pretending i was craig james, mosi tatupu, and stanley morgan. who are you to question who is a "real" patriots fan or not??

being realistic about what i see and not just blindly following every move BB makes does not make me any less of a real pats fan than any of you "in bill we trust" homers...

as far as why peppers will choose chicago over NE, well yes money is the primary reason. chicago will open up the wallet and pay the man, we pony up an average offer at best. and that wont work anymore, because as i said, the mystique is gone. no more getting guys for less because they think they have a chance to win a super bowl ring every year. also wouldnt be suprised if chicago being a bigger city and media market wouldnt slightly play into it as well with a guy like peppers, not every football star just loves living in north attleboro...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: peppers?? hahaha yeah right:
    @m1021us..........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....thats why he will sign with Chicago over NE.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

And?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Oh, I suspect they'e Pats' fans, m1021. They sound very much like that new breed of Pats fan who magically appeared just after the turn of the century and can't be gone soon enough.
    Posted by p-mike

They are bandwagon pink hats for sure......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

hey you 2 chuckleheads...actually yes i am very much a pats fan and have been for many many years. boston guy here, born and bred, through good times and bad...giving me every right to voice my frustration and/or opinion of how BB has managed his rosters in recent years. p-mike, chumps like you crack me up. you throw up an old school pats pic from the snowplow game and go around criticizing others for being this "new breed" of pats fan that just came around. please, as a kid i used to run around my yard with a nerf football pretending i was craig james, mosi tatupu, and stanley morgan. who are you to question who is a "real" patriots fan or not?? being realistic about what i see and not just blindly following every move BB makes does not make me any less of a real pats fan than any of you "in bill we trust" homers... as far as why peppers will choose chicago over NE, well yes money is the primary reason. chicago will open up the wallet and pay the man, we pony up an average offer at best. and that wont work anymore, because as i said, the mystique is gone. no more getting guys for less because they think they have a chance to win a super bowl ring every year. also wouldnt be suprised if chicago being a bigger city and media market wouldnt slightly play into it as well with a guy like peppers, not every football star just loves living in north attleboro...
    Posted by sox148927

Maybe it is mroe than just the money.....Peppers doesn't even seem to be taking offers from anyone else....he headed right to Chicago and isn't looking back....By the sounds of it, when we do get a cap again, Chicago is going to be in cap hell.....if they keep on this spending spree of theirs.

So don't go blaming the Pats and Belichick because we refuse to kill our chances for a good productive future. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

only bandwagon that exists in boston sports is the bandwagon ridden by those that still use dated, played out terms like "pink hats"...that stopped being clever like 3 years ago...

and apparently you missed the point of my thread...i'm not crying about not getting peppers because i never thought we would get him in the 1st place...i was kinda mocking all the premature excitement around the pats reported contract offer...and i was simply (and sarcastically) reassuring people that the pats will not be signing peppers or anyone else significant for that matter...

follow BB's general pattern and it's safe to assume he wont go after an impact FA, and will more than likely continue the trend of trading down for "value" on draft day...sorry if i am one of those fans thats sick of "value" players and wants to actually see some primetime talent while we still have brady in his relative prime...