Peppers May Not Be That Expensive After All...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

Peppers May Not Be That Expensive After All...

While in no way whatsoever will Peppers be cheap, he won't annually make as much as he did this past year (16 mil?) because that just isn't the going rate for DE's and with the unknown labor situation looming, teams will be wary of giving him a big long contract. I've never really been all that interested in acquiring Peppers but knowing BB's creativity as well, I don't necessarily think it is all that impossible. What will be interesting is if the money for Peppers is only a little more than money for Wilfork and the Pats have to decide between the two. I'd want Wilfork but knowing the Pats could sign Peppers for fair top DE money AND franchise Wilfork and either sign him or trade him for draft picks is very enticing...btw,this draft is rich with DT's...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Peppers May Not Be That Expensive After All...

Agree Freeway..., If the Pats do end up with Peppers - It won't kill their cap. Some how someway they seem to get these players to fit in cap dollar wise.  It is those bonuses the players really care about.  The Pats are usually creative when it comes to this as well.  Either way, I think the Patriots will make a run for Peppers and have him of their radar this offseason.

we'll see, coming quick!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Peppers May Not Be That Expensive After All...

pick him up and vonder bosch