Percy Harvin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Percy Harvin

I'm thinking defense on draft day but after watching Percy Harvin play last night I'm having second thoughts.The guy could be Faulk's heir........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Percy Harvin

I guess you are pretty excited about this guy after posting this message 6 times. I think he looks pretty good too. I also think they will be leaning towards the defense, but if they go with the offensive side, I'm hoping they select TE Gresham.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Percy Harvin

No one will replace Kevin Faulk its not just as easy as pie to go out and get a Kevin Fault claiber player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Percy Harvin

I am wary of ANY Florida offensive player.

So many of them turn out to be busts.

Who was the last Florida offensive player that worked out?

Emiit Smith?

Fred Taylor?

There are a host of medocre receivers like Hilliard, Gaffney, etc. But none of these gusy do anything close to what they did in the Swamp.

On a related not, did you see Danny Weurfeul at the coin toss. I thought it might jinx them, but then I remembered it was a college game and not professional.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Percy Harvin

Other then Emmitt Smith, Gators at skill positions haven't had a great track record in the No Fun League. 2 cases in point: Chad Jackson and Reche Caldwell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Percy Harvin

[Quote]I am wary of ANY Florida offensive player.

Emiit Smith?

Fred Taylor?

There are a host of medocre receivers like Hilliard, Gaffney, etc. But none of these gusy do anything close to what they did in the Swamp.

On a related not, did you see Danny Weurfeul at the coin toss. I thought it might jinx them, but then I remembered it was a college game and not professional.[/Quote]

I don't buy the argument of 'he played at that school so he won't be good in the pros'...at least not in this case. And anyways if you had the chance to get the next Emmitt Smith it might be worth it to take a chance. I think Harvin will be an impact player on par with Carolina's Steve Smith in the NFL. Whether he's there at 24 will be the question? I'm sure Belichick thinks the kid's a stud as he generally seems to like Florida receivers...but the Chad Jackson experiment may make us hesitant to go that route again. But for the record...I think Harvin is a much more versatile and overall better player than Jackson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Percy Harvin

What's up ush,

Harvin looked good, but the knock on Florida WR is big. So many are ghosts of the players they were in college.

Personally, I don't think Harvin will be as good as Smith. There have been better florida wideouts that have done awful or average in the pros.

I also don't see NE using a first or second rounder on a WR, but I could be wrong.

For this team Spikes is a much better prospect out of that college IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Percy Harvin

I think with so many draft picks Belichick is going to select the best player avialable aprouch and just take the best option when ever we are on the board to pick and I actually think we will come away with a lot of really good talent this year. I thought the kid in question Percy Harvin is a running back or am I wrong?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Percy Harvin

[Quote]What's up ush,

Harvin looked good, but the knock on Florida WR is big. So many are ghosts of the players they were in college.

Personally, I don't think Harvin will be as good as Smith. There have been better florida wideouts that have done awful or average in the pros.

I also don't see NE using a first or second rounder on a WR, but I could be wrong.

For this team Spikes is a much better prospect out of that college IMO.[/Quote]

Hey Z,

It's obviously a reach to say that Harvin will be as good as Steve Smith, but i honestly think he has a shot. I too doubt we'll go offense at #24, but Gresham or the kid from USC at TE or any TE that can catch (ie. not Watson) would be a good addition. And yeah that kid Spikes looked like a beast...we def. need another ILB.

My only point about Harvin is that he to me looks to be the exception to the FL WR rule. There needs to be a draft thread as epic as last years....still to this day the best thread I've seen.

Take it easy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Percy Harvin

[Quote]Wary of ANY florida wideouts?
    yea i guess Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin suck.[/Quote]

Reggie Wayne- Miami
    Andre Johnson- Miami
    Anquan Boldin- Florida state

None of these guys are from Florida. Harvin will be gone by pick 24, Brandon Spikes would be a great pick at this spot but i would love to see us trade down for Taylor Mays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

Percy Harvin

[Quote]I am wary of ANY Florida offensive player.

Emiit Smith?

Fred Taylor?

On a related not, did you see Danny Weurfeul at the coin toss. I thought it might jinx them, but then I remembered it was a college game and not professional.[/Quote]

Bingo...my thoughts exactly. While Harvin looks like the real deal I'm skeptical when it comes to Florida offensive players. They have had so many higly touted WR's to come to the NFL that just don't cut it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

Percy Harvin

[Quote]Wary of ANY florida wideouts?
    yea i guess Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin suck.[/Quote]

University of Miami and Florida State players. It seems the problem lies with University of Florida WR's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Percy Harvin

Hey Ush,

I agree. If Harvin is sitting pretty in the second round I wouldn't mind taking him. I have been all over the idea of bringing Javon Ringer in here. I think the missing ingredientfor this offense is a player ike Faulk, who can also split wide and has some home run ability. Like a Marshall Faulk or Brian Westbrook type player?

Maybe Harvin could be that guy?

Anyhow, starting the draft thread needs the consistent involvement of a few regulars. We would need Faucetman back, and 53. And a host of others. But a solid base of five posteres to keep it rolling day to day would be enough.

But yeah that was eaily the best thread I've ever seen in my life. I have actually visited it a few times just to recollect. LOL.

Take her slow man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Percy Harvin

Common sense,

I am talking about UF wideouts. Not "Florida" wideouts state wide.

It is a spread offense, not unlike the old Spurrier fun and gun, and it relies on having a bunch of really fast receivers who can overload the defenseand spread it, and a QB who can run it.

Players that do well there are often in very favorable matchups that they will never, ever see in the NFL. It is why most people would be shocked to see Tebow go vey high. The Florida game doesn't translate well.