Peter King in MMQB today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Peter King in MMQB today

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still curious, why is Harvey ballbanger refered to as Rusty?

Is it because his brain is rusty?  His football knowledge rusty?

[/QUOTE]

He gets banned every few weeks and has to create new accounts to get back on.  In some of his earlier accounts he used Russ Griswold as his screen name, so people still call him Rusty.  The various Jets trolls call him Queenie because he once used the Burger King king as his avatar under the name Riding with the King.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am going to make it real simple for you rusty since you are being civil if not irrational:

Quote:

The sentence is on page 51: “When Team A presents a field-goal or Try Kick formation … Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation.”

On the play in the Meadowlands, as the ball was snapped for the field goal, New England free-agent defensive lineman Chris Jones tried to shove another Patriots lineman, Will Svitek, through the gap between the center and right guard. Svitek almost squeezed through, but he was blocked by the Jets’ punt-team guard, Damon Harrison (actually a defensive tackle). The blocking didn’t matter. Once Jones shoved his teammate into the gap, the umpire standing behind the Patriots’ line, Tony Michalek, threw the flag. Correctly. “That’s a rules change for 2013 that a teammate cannot push a teammate into the opponent’s formation,’’ said referee Jerome Boger to a pool reporter after the game. “It’s any type of pushing action.”

There was some confusion—partially of the league’s doing—when Bill Belichick said after the game that the call was wrong because it didn’t originate from the “second level,” or area behind the line of scrimmage. And there are videos from earlier this season in which vice president of officiating Dean Blandino refers to “the second level’’ when he interprets the rule. As Mike Florio explained Sunday night on Pro Football Talk: “The problem is that the NFL previously has explained the new rule on its official website by suggesting that the rule applies only to pushes from the second level.’’

At NBC, a digest of rules is kept handy for the particularly prickly ones. And there’s no reference to a “second level” when discussing this rule. It is just as I have written it.

I bolded the information from the actual rulebook and italicized the unofficial or interpretted items.  I hope this helps you move past this.

[/QUOTE]

You are bolding the UPDATED rule which was done last week when the memo was sent out to the refs to also look for it with D Linemen as well as LBs.   The original rule, which has been posted here many times, only talks about players "not on the line of scrimmage", which would include the rule ONLY applying to LBs and DBs BEHIND the D Line.

No NFL team got this memo, at least it has not been reported as such, which would explain the Patriots surprise.

[/QUOTE]

Jesus ff'n christ Rusty.  How many times do you have to be told that official rule was written and published in August using the language that does not limit the pushing to players on the second level?  The rule was not changed yesterday, last week, or abytime during the season.  It was finalized in August and has remained unchanged since.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still curious, why is Harvey ballbanger refered to as Rusty?

Is it because his brain is rusty?  His football knowledge rusty?

[/QUOTE]

He gets banned every few weeks and has to create new accounts to get back on.  In some of his earlier accounts he used Russ Griswold as his screen name, so people still call him Rusty.  The various Jets trolls call him Queenie because he once used the Burger King king as his avatar under the name Riding with the King.  

[/QUOTE]

hahaha I don't think you need to explain Rusty to Leon they are old friends...Uncle Leon has been calling Rusty Queen since his first 10 post, I need no other proof that he is who he says he isn't

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Mike I.m sorry , u went 2 work from 3:12 to 4:06, and I thought u were a basement wastrel. U sure got those newspapers delivered fast.  My bad.